Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guitar Hero/Rock Band return?!

EpitomeOfTruth

Activision has confirmed that a new Guitar Hero is in the works and scheduled for release later this year. This is shockng news since oe was supposed to be released in 2011, however due to the poor sales of the predecessor Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, the project was scrapped. Now, 5 years later, Acivision believes its time to bring the muic and rhythm genre back.

Its also rumored that Rock Band will be returning as well, but this isn't confirmed.

What do you think about this news, and te music and rhythm genre as a whole. Do you think it shuld return, or stay dead?

I don't play these games, but I have watched my friends play them.

It's a pretty cool game and I like the music that is on it.

I'm excited to see a new game from this franchise.

I don't play these games, but I have watched my friends play them.

It's a pretty cool game and I like the music that is on it.

I'm excited to see a new game from this franchise.

I agree. I once tried vocals on Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years" in Rock Band 2. Nailed it PERFECTLY.

• Brohoof 2

I don't want to brag. But i am a master in Rock Band 3 Vocals. I have over 600 Songs for this game, which i bought all legally and i still find people on the weekend who play it. What i always like to do vocals on are Rush songs.

A return of Rock Band would be awesome. There hasn't been a good music game in awhile and i think it's time for a comeback of the genre.

• Brohoof 1

Ha, those games were pretty fun for the time I admit, I still have my old guitar controllers up here somewhere. :P

Don't think its ever something I'll really get back into though. Fun at the time, but the novelty wore out soon enough for me. Also, constantly watching that moving fret interface always made my eyes feel funny... :blink:

omg i hope they do ! and hope they improved on the guitar that wont feel like cheap plastic i mean they can be plastic but not feel cheap though i just hope when they do decide to re relase it again i hope they wont keep repeating songs over and over again i think thats what killed the mood of the game just like cod haha XD

I sucked at Guitar Hero. However, my brother is amazing at it. If there's one thing I like about it, it's the selection of music they put; I've found some great songs and bands to listen because of that game.

They need a system of a dowm edition of guitar hero. Or the Rock band thing so vocals too xD

The Guitar Hero games after World Tour have guitar, bass, drums, and vocals.

If this is true, I won't get my hopes up-Activision drove Guitar Hero into the ground the first time around thanks to their over-saturation of the franchise and big corporations seldom learn from their stupid mistakes.

Even if a new Guitar Hero or Rock Band come out they will probably only be Xbone and PS4 exclusives, maybe they'll release them later on the Wii U later on, but I'm skeptical they'll be released for the 360 or the PS3 if they wait too long.

There is also the issue of instruments being super rare now, since most stores where I am don't carry them anymore-my brother recently had to driver up somewhere to get a drum set he paid for online, but hopefully with the new games they'll release new, sturdier instruments.

If there's gonna be a DragonForce song on the new GH, I'll be sure to record a run of me playing it on Expert Guitar. Despite not having played the game for around 2 years xD I would totally buy it btw, loved the game back in the days.