Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv He will be missed, Leonard Nimoy dies at age 83.

Flutter's lover <3

Earlier today the man who was best known for playing Spock, in Star Trek, has passed away.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?fb_ref=Default&_r=0

He was a great Actor and person. He will be greatly missed.  He was and always will be, Mr Spock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO1qE_IoJWk

Live long and Prosper.

• Brohoof 5

Most folks know him as Spock, but there's a couple roles where younger folks can recognize him:

Galvatron from Transformers: The Movie

Now someone will have to fill his shoes...

And more recently, Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts, starting from Birth by Sleep:

A ham, but a glorious ham.

He will be missed. Live long and prosper, my friends! Just as he did.

• Brohoof 1

I admit I was shocked to learn from my mother of Leonard Nimoy's death, here learning of it on Facebook, and I will say while I was not as devote to Spock as many I still respected the role that the actor played. Someone like his will be missed by many ideed, and it is sad to see him go.

I'm not a Star Trek fan but I easily recognize Spock who is actually the Star Trek character I recognize the most. Though I do know Nimoy also voiced the King in Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

258px-King_of_Atlantis.jpg

When I saw this, my jaw dropped. I can't believe he's gone, after all these years. I know it sounds cheesy, but I think I can speak for us all when I say that he'll live long and prosper in our memories.

• Brohoof 1

I am a huge Star Trek geek I'll admit it.. And this is just sad to see my favourite actor pass away. It was only a few months ago since my budgie (Named Spock) died. I still have Kirk, Scotty and McCoy to keep me company though. I never thought the actual actor who played Spock, would die after my bird Spock died. :( Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy.

I've never been much of a Star Trek fan, but it's sad that he passed away. I've only seen the newer movies, but I thought it was awesome he appeared in those as well to reprise his role as Spock.

Rest in peace.

I was never into Star Trek, but I have heard a lot about Spock and the actor who played him. Nevertheless, it's sad to hear of a passing of one of the most well known pop culture icons. RIP.

I saw some Star Trek movies (and some episodes of the franchise) and I found them quite interesting. I also knew Mr. Nimoy from other movies that he has taken part of. My sincere condolences and may he Rest In Peace. LLAP

(This is also another reason why I want this guy (Justin Trudeau) to be the new Prime Minister of my country. He's a normal guy like we are (and not a wanna-be. He is also a Trekkie. :) )

post-29975-0-67629800-1425220877_thumb.jpg

While I jever watched the movies or was a fan of it in general, I know who you're talking about.

I'm sure that he was a great man.