Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Fans of the 'Disney Fairies' franchise?

post-26968-0-76980500-1425075656.png

In 2009, a housemate of mine introduced me to the first movie of this particular franchise. I was uncertain at first as I didn't care too much for Tink in 'Peter Pan' when I was younger. However, I fell in love with the movie as soon as I began watching (my housemate even gave me her DVD as a result). These movies were a very calming influence during my stressful undergrad years and I consider myself a big fan of the franchise.

Anypony else like these movies? :please:

The first time I watched a Disney Fairies movie, it reminded me heavily of MLP, because of the way the fairies change the seasons and whatnot. Good stuff, although I'm thinking the super-sexy style of the female fairies isn't psychologically or socially healthy for the target audience (unless the target audience is teenage boys and young adult men... ).

• Brohoof 4

I love them! Tinker Bell has been listed in the "Interests" bit on my profile here since I signed up.

The second and third films were a bit "meh". The Secret of the Wings I found uncannily like Frozen. (It came out before Frozen, but they are both Disney films, so perhaps there was some cross-pollination there?) But I love Frozen, so I love it. The Pirate Fairy is probably the best of the bunch.

Good stuff, although I'm thinking the super-sexy style of the female fairies isn't psychologically or socially healthy for the target audience (unless the target audience is teenage boys and young adult men... )

That's for thirty-something-year-old fathers, to make them say, "hey, kids, let's watch that Tinker Bell film again."

I am one of these people.

Sunset Shimmer is also for us.

And all of the Dazzlings.

Especially Sonata.

Edited by Vital Periwinkle
  • Brohoof 2

I love them! Tinker Bell has been listed in the "Interests" bit on my profile here since I signed up.

The second and third films were a bit "meh". The Secret of the Wings I found uncannily like Frozen. (It came out before Frozen, but they are both Disney films, so perhaps there was some cross-pollination there?) But I love Frozen, so I love it. The Pirate Fairy is probably the best of the bunch.

I really liked the third, mostly because of Vidia's screen time. :please:

Speaking of the last two, have you seen those Kinder Eggs they're selling at the moment? You get a Disney fairy in each one (including Periwinkle and Zarina). :D

I'll take Tinker Bell since I'm marathoning them now

Good choice! She balances out your sig nicely :lol: I'm going to marathon them this weekend also :3

I'm a fan of Tink, Disney Fairies, and the Pan. Circa, since the Hook days when Julia Roberts played Tinker Bell. My fave Fairy is Fawn. (Could ya tell? Lol.) :P And my Fairy movie of choice is 'Legend of the NeverBeast'. 10/10+++, btw.  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

I'm a fan of Tink, Disney Fairies, and the Pan. Circa, since the Hook days when Julia Roberts played Tinker Bell. My fave Fairy is Fawn. (Could ya tell? Lol.) :P And my Fairy movie of choice is 'Legend of the NeverBeast'. 10/10+++, btw.  :yay:

So it's fair to say that you were 'hooked' from early on? :P

Fawn is an amazing fairy, she has always been one of my favourites (Top 3: Vidia, Fawn, Silvermist ). I am inclined to agree with you regarding best movie, I have just returned from watching LotN and it has shot straight to the top of my list! :yay: That opening sequence with Fawn and the animals was particularly incredible. :icwudt: Some of the parents were crying in the cinema (and I may have a shed a few tears myself :please: )

I am upset that we may not see a Fairies' movie for some time. Disney is spouting nonsense about Fairy sales. But Disney neglects the fact they've been doin' a very poor marketing job with the Disney Fairies. But hey...look past the truth that Tink has been making a lot of money for 'em. Golly, gee-whiz, Disney! ... How much fu_king money do you need? ...  >_>

I am upset that we may not see a Fairies' movie for some time. Disney is spouting nonsense about Fairy sales. But Disney neglects the fact they've been doin' a very poor marketing job with the Disney Fairies. But hey...look past the truth that Tink has been making a lot of money for 'em. Golly, gee-whiz, Disney! ... How much fu_king money do you need? ...  >_>

Seriously? I'm really disappointed to hear this :( I agree, they could be marketing these so much better than they are. Seems they've invested all their marketing in Marvel and Frozen. :okiedokielokie: I always thought Tink was one of the more popular Disney characters so it surprises me that Disney aren't profiting... (more like just not enough..darn corporations). Still, if LotN is to be the last, what a way to end it. 

Seriously? I'm really disappointed to hear this :( I agree, they could be marketing these so much better than they are. Seems they've invested all their marketing in Marvel and Frozen. :okiedokielokie: I always thought Tink was one of the more popular Disney characters so it surprises me that Disney aren't profiting... (more like just not enough..darn corporations). Still, if LotN is to be the last, what a way to end it. 

There is a silver lining, actually. Any upcoming projects are on pause, that's a given. But that doesn't mean we won't see a new movie in 3-4 years from now. After all, Fairies do bring in a good amount of money and Disney will have to finally realize this and not put so much greed into something that is already phenomenal.  ;)

There is a silver lining, actually. Any upcoming projects are on pause, that's a given. But that doesn't mean we won't see a new movie in 3-4 years from now. After all, Fairies do bring in a good amount of money and Disney will have to finally realize this and not put so much greed into something that is already phenomenal. ;)

I sure hope so! I would love to see them do what they did this time around by having another of the cast assume the protagonist role. Doing so might create more marketing/ merchandise opportunities (the Disney store fairies merch is Fawn centric at the moment). Not to mention, the cinema was full today....I don't remember the last time that happened at my local! My wings are crossed, this franchise is one of my favourite Disney products for years. <3

Not to mention, the cinema was full today....I don't remember the last time that happened at my local!

Who knows? Maybe if this film performs better than expected, they'll reassess things.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully @!

Thought I might as well post my small fairy collection here...  

post-26968-0-81795800-1425161503_thumb.jpg

My plush Vidia is my 'holy grail' item, I waited a long time for Disney to release something like that. :D

About the new movie:

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast - 

"Fun and talented animal fairy Fawn believes you can't judge a book by its cover, or an animal by its fangs, so she befriends a huge and mysterious creature known as the NeverBeast. While Tink and her friends aren't so sure about this scary addition to Pixie Hollow, the elite Scout Fairies set out to capture the monster before he destroys their home. Fawn must trust her heart and take a leap of faith if she hopes to rally the girls to save the NeverBeast."

- http://video.disney.com/embed/5074f6f350364bad3850cfa5 -

. . . . I recommend this movie to anyone. Especially if you are a Disney fan. The release date for this movie in the U.S. is this Tuesday. 

• Brohoof 1