Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Fans of the 'Disney Fairies' franchise?

About the new movie:

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast - 

"Fun and talented animal fairy Fawn believes you can't judge a book by its cover, or an animal by its fangs, so she befriends a huge and mysterious creature known as the NeverBeast. While Tink and her friends aren't so sure about this scary addition to Pixie Hollow, the elite Scout Fairies set out to capture the monster before he destroys their home. Fawn must trust her heart and take a leap of faith if she hopes to rally the girls to save the NeverBeast."

- http://video.disney.com/embed/5074f6f350364bad3850cfa5 -

. . . . I recommend this movie to anyone. Especially if you are a Disney fan. The release date for this movie in the U.S. is this Tuesday. 

I concur. I wholeheartedly recommend this film to anyone, it's that good. If you are a Disney/ Fairies fan, even better! Whilst I loved the other movies in the series, this one is by far the best of the bunch. :icwudt:

post-26968-0-87776600-1425196171_thumb.jpg

Welp. I always loved these movies, they're so amazing! But one thing I need to point out:

In the first movie, Tink and two others who I forget their names or how to spell them cross into the winter territory, and their wings don't freeze like they did in Secret of the wings. Also, the original fairy that was in charge of winter was a female, What happened to her?!

• Brohoof 1

Welp. I always loved these movies, they're so amazing! But one thing I need to point out:

In the first movie, Tink and two others who I forget their names or how to spell them cross into the winter territory, and their wings don't freeze like they did in Secret of the wings. Also, the original fairy that was in charge of winter was a female, What happened to her?!

Hmm I just watched SotW and Pirate Fairy again and I was wondering if there is any previous inconsistency with the Winter Season... definitely going to check this out! No idea about the female in charge though :s

Glad to see Rosetta has joined the gang! ;)

Disney uploaded the opening sequence to their youtube channel. :squee: If you needed any convincing to go, this should suffice! :D

Disney uploaded the opening sequence to their youtube channel. :squee: If you needed any convincing to go, this should suffice! :D

Yay! Another amazing opening to another disney fairies film, with a great song to go with it!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Yay! Another amazing opening to another disney fairies film, with a great song to go with it!  :muffins:

There is another brilliant sequence later in the film, that one is better seen in the context of the film though. :yay:

(edited)

YESSS!!!! Yes, finally something Fairy related on these forums! I'm a big fan of them since many years back.

I discovered the first movie, about.. 3 years ago now. It was love at first sight for me.

I love all the movies and shorts about Disney's Fairies. Big, big BIG fan! The fairies are also kind of similar to the MLP mane 6, no? I watched the Fairy movies before I got into MLP though, but there are some similarities for sure.

I'm really looking forward to the next movie , Legend of the NeverBeast, coming out in a few days. So excited!8ad05fcdbb1160518a634793184b82da_200.jpg

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

YESSS!!!! Yes, finally something about the TinkerBell movies. I'm a big fan of them since many years back.

I discovered the first movie, about.. 3 years ago now. It was love at first sight for me.

I love all the movies and shorts about Disney's Fairies. Big, big BIG fan! The fairies are also kind of familiar to the MLP mane 6, no?

I watched the Fairy movies before I got into MLP though, but there are some similarities for sure.

I'm really looking forward to the next movie , Legend of the NeverBeast, coming out in a few days. So excited!

As Zarina might say, welcome aboard matey! :P

I know what you mean about love at first sight, it was exactly the same for me. :3 

There are definitely parallels with the Mane 6, I thought about this when I got into the show (I was a fan of Fairies before FiM).

I'm sure you'll love it! For me it's the best of the movies. :squee: I hope you have a lovely time. :D

As Zarina might say, welcome aboard matey! :P

I know what you mean about love at first sight, it was exactly the same for me. :3 

There are definitely parallels with the Mane 6, I thought about this when I got into the show (I was a fan of Fairies before FiM).

I'm sure you'll love it! For me it's the best of the movies. :squee: I hope you have a lovely time. :D

Thanks a bunch! I'm just glad to hear that there actually ARE Fairyfans in here at all! I never met anyone else who adored the movies just as much as I did. Well, aside from that I've basically forced all of my close friends to watch the movies and they enjoyed them, which made me very happy. :lol:  More than that though, sadly, nope... They enjoyed them, but didn't get very into the THING with the Fairies that I had. I'm a very dedicated person, and hands down, I cried to every single movie because they all made me so happy somehow. I'm still happy to have friends to watch the movies with, however.

Just as I predicted, then. C: Whose your favorite fairy? Do you have a favorite, can you even pick one? xD I have a hard time picking one, but I definitely like Vidia. She reminds me a little bit of Trixie, I like both Trixie and Vidia a looot. I also really love Rosetta, Rosetta reminds me of Rarity. Rarity is my favorite out of the mane 6.  :o  Everything makes sense now! Hahah, realization 100%.

Oh you already watched it, huh? :3 Oh yes, I'm sure I'll love it. Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

Thanks a bunch! I'm just glad to hear that there actually ARE Fairyfans in here at all! I never met anyone else who adored the movies just as much as I did. Well, aside from that I've basically forced all of my close friends to watch the movies and they enjoyed them, which made me very happy. :lol:  More than that though, sadly, nope... They enjoyed them, but didn't get very into the THING with the Fairies that I had. I'm a very dedicated person, and hands down, I cried to every single movie because they all made me so happy somehow. I'm still happy to have friends to watch the movies with, however.

Just as I predicted, then. C: Whose your favorite fairy? Do you have a favorite, can you even pick one? xD I have a hard time picking one, but I definitely like Vidia. She reminds me a little bit of Trixie, I like both Trixie and Vidia a looot. I also really love Rosetta, Rosetta reminds me of Rarity. Rarity is my favorite out of the mane 6.  :o  Everything makes sense now! Hahah, realization 100%.

Oh you already watched it, huh? :3 Oh yes, I'm sure I'll love it. Thank you!

Evidenced by this thread, there are indeed other Fairy fans here. :D  I also adore them, I have had no problem with promoting these films/ declaring my fandom IRL. I'm glad to hear your friends also enjoyed them (to some extent at least). Sadly none of my friends care for them (asides from the friend who introduced me to the first movie of course). I cried the most in the newest one, the parents around me were crying too! 

Eeyup! My top 3 are Vidia, Fawn and Silvermist (although Zarina is close to replacing Silvermist as #3). Fawn was the first one I really liked, then I quickly began to like Vidia (and now Fawn again thanks to LotN) and now they occupy a 1a/1b ranking style I guess. :3 Vidia's sense of humour appeals to me greatly, and her loner attitude! But then Fawn loves animals and according to personality quizzes, she is the most like myself. :s Most of my merchandise is Vidia related so I guess she just about edges it. I definitely see a link between Rosetta and Rarity, that worked out rather nicely for you then! :D Certainly explains your preferences. ;) I personally see Vidia as a Rainbow Dash-esque character which amuses me as she is my least favourite Mane 6, yet I adore Vidia :lol: Zarina reminds me a bit of Trixie too actually. :wau:

I did, it's been out here (UK) for a while I think. No problem, can't wait to hear what you think of it. :)

Best fairies:

• Tinker Bell is my favourite. Clichéd choice perhaps. But as a programmer, I can relate to her inventiveness and passion for problem solving. Plus she's gorgeous.
  • Periwinkle I love just because she's so cute, and her relationship with her sister is lovely.
  • Zarina is science fairy, so I love her too.
  • Brohoof 1

Best fairies:

• Tinker Bell is my favourite. Clichéd choice perhaps. But as a programmer, I can relate to her inventiveness and passion for problem solving. Plus she's gorgeous.
  • Periwinkle I love just because she's so cute, and her relationship with her sister is lovely.
  • Zarina is science fairy, so I love her too.

Great choices! :D I'm not sure if Tink is that cliched, supporting characters tend to outshine protagonists. Nevertheless, Tink is a fantastic protagonist. :)

I will do as you have done:

1a. Vidia and I share a sarcastic sense of humour and a lone-wolf mentality (even when in a group of friends). She has the confidence that I lack. I adore her look which reminds me of Meg from 'Hercules'.

1b. Fawn I love her as she loves her animals. Fawn was the first fairy I connected with (due to her connection with nature and tomboyish ways) and LotN gave her some much deserved screen time. <3 My Fawn doll was the first Disney Fairies merch I ever purchased. Sadly I have lost it since, so I have ordered a new plush of her as a replacement. :D

3. Silvermist Her gentle nature appeals to me greatly, she's also slightly ditzy which I like because I too tend to have my head in the clouds. Her talent centres around my favourite element. :)

Darn, I watched the latest movie with the Neverbeast today.. It was BEAUTIFUL. I cried a flood of tears in the end though, that was one of the saddest, yet happiest endings I ever saw in any of the movies.  :(  Goodness gracious.

I loved the movie, however! LOVED IT! <3

• Brohoof 1

Darn, I watched the latest movie with the Neverbeast today.. It was BEAUTIFUL. I cried a flood of tears in the end though, that was one of the saddest, yet happiest endings I ever saw in any of the movies.  :(  Goodness gracious.

I loved the movie, however! LOVED IT! <3

Yay! <3 I'm glad you liked it :) I know right? Beautiful is a perfect word to describe that film. I really wasn't expecting the credits to start rolling, I didn't know how to react when that happened. :( The mum next to me had tears streaming down her face, I did cry a bit too admittedly. Hit me right in the feels. :( 

So where does it rank alongside the others for you? :)

I've loved all of the Tinker Bell movies except The Pirate Fairy (seems like I really didn't care for that girl, but it's been so long, I can't quite remember).  Tink, who can think outside of the box and has a very useful skill set, is different from the usual girly/useless female characters in Disney films.  I think she's a great role model.  Plus, the movies are funny.   

• Brohoof 1

Yay! <3 I'm glad you liked it :) I know right? Beautiful is a perfect word to describe that film. I really wasn't expecting the credits to start rolling, I didn't know how to react when that happened. :( The mum next to me had tears streaming down her face, I did cry a bit too admittedly. Hit me right in the feels. :(

So where does it rank alongside the others for you? :)

I'm going to be putting this under a spoiler tag, just in case.  :lol:

It was amazing, and I love that they didn't really have any antagonist, or so to speak... Bad person/creature or anything at all in this film. I suppose they haven't ever really had one except for Vidia and other problems. We were supposed to think that Nyx or the scouts were the bad people in this film, but they turned out to mean well, but having their own way of doing it. Especially Nyx, did what she thought was right. I love that she didn't automatically become the bad guy just because she had other opinions about things. I also loved that the legend about that "hideous monster that would wipe out Pixie Hollow" wasn't true, no matter what it seemed. Fawn trusted her heart and head about that this creature wasn't bad, I'm so happy that it turned out the way it did in the end. It was all perfect, in my opinion! Very unexpected and well thought through.

Even though it hurt a bit how the film ended, it sure was a good ending. It didn't need to be much more than it was. <3  :rarity:  

But well, alongside the other movies...

This one would probably be one of my favorite ones, especially since I fancy animals and nature a lot, and this film specified on the animal fairies, which I loved. The animation was gorgeous, it only gets better after each movie they make. Now, the other movies haven't got much to show off compared to this movie, however, I liked "The Pirate Fairy" and the very first movie a whole lot as well... I still think this tops all of them. It had the element of surprise on it's side, and... It was just beautiful, all of it. 

I'll probably have to watch all the movies in a marathon or something to tell for sure, but this is at least what I think as of now.  :icwudt:

How about yourself?

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to be putting this under a spoiler tag, just in case.  :lol:

It was amazing, and I love that they didn't really have any antagonist, or so to speak... Bad person/creature or anything at all in this film. I suppose they haven't ever really had one except for Vidia and other problems. We were supposed to think that Nyx or the scouts were the bad people in this film, but they turned out to mean well, but having their own way of doing it. Especially Nyx, did what she thought was right. I love that she didn't automatically become the bad guy just because she had other opinions about things. I also loved that the legend about that "hideous monster that would wipe out Pixie Hollow" wasn't true, no matter what it seemed. Fawn trusted her heart and head about that this creature wasn't bad, I'm so happy that it turned out the way it did in the end. It was all perfect, in my opinion! Very unexpected and well thought through.

Even though it hurt a bit how the film ended, it sure was a good ending. It didn't need to be much more than it was. <3  :rarity:  

But well, alongside the other movies...

This one would probably be one of my favorite ones, especially since I fancy animals and nature a lot, and this film specified on the animal fairies, which I loved. The animation was gorgeous, it only gets better after each movie they make. Now, the other movies haven't got much to show off compared to this movie, however, I liked "The Pirate Fairy" and the very first movie a whole lot as well... I still think this tops all of them. It had the element of surprise on it's side, and... It was just beautiful, all of it. 

I'll probably have to watch all the movies in a marathon or something to tell for sure, but this is at least what I think as of now.  :icwudt:

How about yourself?

Your first point is something I really admire about this franchise, the peril is usually mild and there are very few villains. 

Regarding Nyx:

I'm delighted that she wasn't the villain of the piece, it just goes to show how similar intentions manifest into very different courses of action. I preferred the ambiguity as opposed to having a clear-cut 'you're wrong and I'm right' deal. The dynamic between Fawn and Nyx was really interesting for me.

Regarding the titular Legend:

The movie dealt with the Legend really well, even I had the slightest doubt whether Gruff was intended to bring doom (although I assumed that if that was to be the case, that he would have gone against his programming in the end). I loved how the seemingly pointless towers became the lightning rods. <3

The more I think about it, the ending was perfect. Simple, to the point and leaves you wanting more!

I see what you mean about how the other movies have little to show off in comparison to the latest, I noticed this when watching a few of them over the weekend. I still love them of course, I just feel that this one was on another level! <3 I loved the first movie too, it was simple and beautiful = simply beautiful :icwudt:

If I were to rank them it would probably be like this:

1. Legend of the Neverbeast

2. The Pirate Fairy

3. Tinker Bell

4. The Secret of the Wings

5. The Great Fairy Rescue

6. The Lost Treasure

(I haven't seen the Pixie Hollow Games unfortunately :okiedokielokie:)

Ah, just found a shortened preview clip of my absolute favourite scene in LotN.

(edited)

Your first point is something I really admire about this franchise, the peril is usually mild and there are very few villains. 

Regarding Nyx:

I'm delighted that she wasn't the villain of the piece, it just goes to show how similar intentions manifest into very different courses of action. I preferred the ambiguity as opposed to having a clear-cut 'you're wrong and I'm right' deal. The dynamic between Fawn and Nyx was really interesting for me.

Regarding the titular Legend:

The movie dealt with the Legend really well, even I had the slightest doubt whether Gruff was intended to bring doom (although I assumed that if that was to be the case, that he would have gone against his programming in the end). I loved how the seemingly pointless towers became the lightning rods. <3

The more I think about it, the ending was perfect. Simple, to the point and leaves you wanting more!

I see what you mean about how the other movies have little to show off in comparison to the latest, I noticed this when watching a few of them over the weekend. I still love them of course, I just feel that this one was on another level! <3 I loved the first movie too, it was simple and beautiful = simply beautiful :icwudt:

If I were to rank them it would probably be like this:

1. Legend of the Neverbeast

2. The Pirate Fairy

3. Tinker Bell

4. The Secret of the Wings

5. The Great Fairy Rescue

6. The Lost Treasure

(I haven't seen the Pixie Hollow Games unfortunately :okiedokielokie:)

Ah, just found a shortened preview clip of my absolute favourite scene in LotN.

To keep this response somewhat shorter, I... Actually agree 100% with every single point you just made in this post.  :ooh:

Which is great, yet quite hilarious how well I actually came along with what you just wrote. I just sat here and nodded in approval.  :fluttershy:

Why, even the list is accurate to my opinion! I couldn't quite figure the ranking out myself, but the way you put them seems pretty perfect to me as well.

HOWEVER, you MUST see the Pixie Hollow Games! I cheated and watched it online, because I couldn't find it ANYWHERE else and I just needed to see it! I mean, it was TinkerBell after all, I'm crazy about it..!  :adorkable:

The Pixie Hollow games is quite short if I remember it correctly, 20 minutes to half an hour or so?? It's a great shortfilm, with Rosetta as the main focus! I looove Rosetta! Also, you get to see some other, "background fairies" that are fairly interesting to get to know. Especially this fairy named Chloe.

Anyway, you must watch it! I would rate it.. (If it would count within the "movie" category) On 4th place, I think! If not even 3rd!  :pinkie:

OH YES, that scene is simply adorable! I love the opening song better, but I liked the scene you linked better than the scene to my favorite song..! If that makes any sense at all!  :icwudt:

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

To keep this response somewhat shorter, I... Actually agree 100% with every single point you just made in this post. :ooh:

Which is great, yet quite hilarious how well I actually came along with what you just wrote. I just sat here and nodded in approval. :fluttershy:

Why, even the list is accurate to my opinion! I couldn't quite figure the ranking out myself, but the way you put them seems pretty perfect to me as well.

HOWEVER, you MUST see the Pixie Hollow Games! I cheated and watched it online, because I couldn't find it ANYWHERE else and I just needed to see it! I mean, it was TinkerBell after all, I'm crazy about it..! :adorkable:

The Pixie Hollow games is quite short if I remember it correctly, 20 minutes to half an hour or so?? It's a great shortfilm, with Rosetta as the main focus! I looove Rosetta! Also, you get to see some other, "background fairies" that are fairly interesting to get to know. Especially this fairy named Chloe.

Anyway, you must watch it! I would rate it.. (If it would count within the "movie" category) On 4th place, I think! If not even 3rd! :pinkie:

OH YES, that scene is simply adorable! I love the opening song better, but I liked the scene you linked better than the scene to my favorite song..! If that makes any sense at all! :icwudt:

Awesome! Great minds think alike after all :P

I know, it's really frustrating that I haven't seen it yet. IIRC, it was released as an exclusive DVD at one supermarket here... :okiedokielokie: I'll get around to it as soon as I can. I like that some of the other fairies get a focus too, maybe Silvermist will get a chance to shine in the future.

I loved both songs and both scenes, the songs really fit the scenes IMO. :D

1. Legend of the NeverBeast 10/10+++

2. The Pirate Fairy 8/10

3. Tinker Bell 7.5/10

4. The Secret of the Wings 9.9/10

5. The Great Fairy Rescue 8.5/10

6. The Lost Treasure 9/10

1. Legend of the NeverBeast 10/10+++

2. The Pirate Fairy 8/10

3. Tinker Bell 7.5/10

4. The Secret of the Wings 9.9/10

5. The Great Fairy Rescue 8.5/10

6. The Lost Treasure 9/10

Great list there! :D I too rate Secret of the Wings higher than Tinker Bell, but nostalgia and the fact that it introduced me to the series/characters keeps it higher in my list. :P

Your signature is astounding <3 <3 <3