Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you like 5 years ago?

origami

Actually I don't know that I've changed all of that much since then. One difference would be that I called myself a Christian, but... That 'belief' was a mechanism of my mind due only to not being able to take what was going on in my life, sustaining denial. It was never a real belief, thus why it was knocked back down the instant I actually immersed myself back in atheism again.

Still I wish it hadn't been there... Reality can not be changed. Although I think by five years ago it was already too late, a couple of years into the 'belief', so no point in dwelling on it in terms of five years ago. And really, as a 'Christian', I wasn't different. I still followed my own morality.

Another change is that I fully believed in achieving my dreams, whereas now I've given up. It's a natural progression. I took too long, I no longer feel good enough anymore.

5 years ago I was an awkward 13 year old trying to make sense with her life. If you met me, I would be shy to the point of crying. I practically had no friends and I spent most of my days at home feeling bad for myself and my pathetic excuse for a life. When highschool rolled around, man I was a changed person. I learned to cop with my problems with the help of God and became a much more social person. To this day, I am a happy go lucky, bubbly 18 year old who's looking forward to college and the future. I thank God everyday for being where I am today.(:

I was a chubby slob 5 years ago, who just sat on his behind all day and didn't care about his appearance.

Never more.

(edited)

Funfact: Every 7 years, all of the atoms in your body are replaced.  :wacko:

Not really sure how I was...I was like 11 years old, was a pretty dumb kid really. I got myself into lots of trouble. :P

Edited by RaveRatchet

I don't remember what I was like five years ago, since I don't have a good long-term memory. I guess I was just the same as I am now :huh:. I wasn't involved on any internet forums though, and I would have had more real life friends since we wouldn't have fallen apart yet.

Well, way back when, I was just an eight year old. I was a cute as can be, this was when I still didn't know much about the world, and math. Every winter in my class we would drink hot chocolate. It was so good. I don't remember much because my childhood was weird + I have memory loss.

5 years ago, I was a really depressed child. Until I moved from Indiana to Florida. I still thank my parents for that move because if I stayed there, hard tellin how my life would be now.

I was just getting ready to graduate high school. A whole lot less mature back then, too. Never heard of MLP. Still in a Charismatic church, rather than the Reformed Presbyterian church I go to now. I thought for sure I was gonna go into theatre in college, but that didn't happen.

Wow. I've really come a long way!

(edited)

Hard to remember. Well, I was a normal 15 year old who kept dumping boys because I wanted to stay a virgin, because I didn't want to go through teenage pregnancy. I also was a huge video game nerd, and was dreaming to move to Japan some day because of the low crime rate. 

Edited by Kasane Teto

I was a lively 14 year old who had a ton of energy, and was still trapped under the spell of the streets. I was also one of those COD kids.

Now as I near 20 years old, I am depressed and angry at the world, with less energy, but I have matured very well.

To be quite honest I was a self minded person that barely listened to his friends. But I realized that I needed to be a better person. So over the years I've gotten to be a good person to other people. ^^

(edited)

Wow 5 years ago. I can't believe it's been so long since 2010. Back in 2010 I had my new DSi, I was playing games like Pokémon HeartGold and Dragon Quest IX, I was still very big into Nickelodeon and I was watching the first episodes of Adventure Time. Also in 2010, Family Guy appealed to me way more than it does now.

And in the fall I heard discussions at school about this new animated show. You may be thinking it was MLP: FiM but no actually it was Fish Hooks. That show never appealed to me, and I found it bland like a cheap flash show from Canada. 

Oh and also in Fall I ordered the japanese version of Pokémon White before it came out in America because I was so anxious to play it.

I was trying to be mature but I was still kind of not.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

I was in my first year of uni... I had red emo hair and I wore skinny black and grey clothes with studs and spikes. :lol: I was rather messed up at that time and desperately trying to find my feet away from my (then) turbulent household.

Five years ago, was an awkward 12 year old in 6th grade.  Now that I think about it, I must have been just starting the first track season of my life.  Wow.  Running has greatly influenced who I am.  I have never been the fastest, but running has taught me lessons and strategies that have become a large part of what makes me myself.  Running has given me audacity, pride, humility, integrity, empathy, and so much more.