Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite Disney/Disney Pixar movie(s)? Dreamworks movie(s)?

Sommar

• 2 weeks later...

Disney and Pixar? I honestly can't choose. From Beauty and the Beast to Frozen I love Disney magic. Although if I had to choose, Tarzan and Atlantis: the Lost Empire would be pretty close. Both of them feel like the pulp novels and adventure fiction from which they drew their inspiration.

Dreamworks is a little easier to narrow down. How to Train your Dragon is good but honestly my favorite one is Kung Fu Panda. Just as someone who has a background in martial arts and an appreciation for the philosophy there of, those movies speak to me.

• Brohoof 2

Disney/Pixar: Beauty and the Beast and Hercules.

Dreamworks: Oh dear. But I love so many of them. Here we go then. How to Train Your DragonKung Fu PandaMadagascarThe Prince of EgyptSpirit: Stallion of the CimarronMegaMindThe Road to El Dorado, and Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas:squee:

• Brohoof 1

Pixar - I like all of them, I can't choose a favourite

Disney - Same with Pixar

Dreamworks - The How To Train Your Dragon Series and Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

• Brohoof 1

Disney:

- Bambi

- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

- The Jungle Book

- Pinocchio

- Alice in Wonderland

- Peter Pan

- Mary Poppins

- The Little Mermaid

- Beauty and the Beast

- The Lion King

- Mulan

- Tarzan

- Lilo and Stitch

- Bolt

- Frozen

Pixar: I like most of them

DreamWorks:

- Shrek (except Forever After)

- Monsters vs. Aliens

- How to Train Your Dragon (both films)

- Kung Fu Panda (both films)

Looking at most of these movies, it's like i read the book of my childhood. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

It's hard to choose a single favorite because there's so many that are so amazing, but here are a few of my most favorite.

Disney:

• Frozen

• Tangled

• Up

Pixar:

• Finding Nemo

• The Incredibles

• Toy Story 1, 2, and 3

• Monsters, Inc.

Dreamworks:

• Rise of the Guardians

• How To Train Your Dragon
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Disney: Pinocchio - because is a metaphor for the love that Walt Disney itself put in all his creations and his fantasy that they can come to life like Pinocchio itself

Pixar: Inside Out - because...reasons

Dream Works: The Rise of the Guardians - because... IS SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!

Pixar: Finding Nemo, though I also really liked Toy Story and Wall-E. Most of what I've watched from Pixar have been good movies, so it wasn't easy.

Disney: Mulan, thought I also really liked Lilo and Stich. Haven't really watched too many of their movies. Most seem to be pretty solid movies, though.

DreamWorks: Chicken Run, by a long shot. Most of their films aren't good in my opinion... ESPECIALLY SEQUELS (Only good one's Shrek 2)...

I'll also mention Blue Sky: Ice Age, because that's probably their only good movie.

Sony Animation is a complete joke, so nothing there.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 10:07 AM, StormRider245 said:

Cars 2 and Planes are my favs.

Den/Den funniest troll post I've ever seen. You aren't serious... right?

Disney: Beauty and the Beast and Tangled. Both are perfect and seem custom made just for me. These are probably my two favorite movies of all time. Amazing stuff. :sunbutt:

Pixar: The Incredibles. Also one of my favorite movies ever .:love:

Dreamworks: Kung Fu Panda. There are a few decent Dreamworks movies but they're not as high on the list as the Disney and Pixars as a rule. :twi:

EDIT: Oh gosh, Oversight alert! I forgot to mention How To Train Your Dragon! That's a major fave for me! So yeah, let's add that one too. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Zootopia, with the  How to Train Your Dragon series being a very close second. I liked Zootopia bnecause it was brave and witty enough to tackle real-world issues in a way that was to the point but not in-your-face... and I also found the animation style to be very attractive (one of the few things keeping me from watching The Secret Life of Pets... can't get over how strange everyone looks in it, haha).

I enjoyed How to Train Your Dragon because its so escapist. It's hard not to fall in love with the concept of bonding with these intelligent, potentially deadly beasts that could incinerate you to a crisp, but instead allow you to go for strolls through the sky on their backs. The actual world Hiccup calls home honestly seems like it might suck a little to live in, but everything is painted with a charming lens when viewed from our side of things!

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Disney Movies are:

1. Lady and the Tramp
  2. Zootopia
  3. Tangled
  4. A Goofy Movie
  5. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  6. Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
  7. The Little Mermaid
  8. Muppet Christmas Carol

Honorable Mention: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

My Favorite Pixar Movies are:

1. Toy Story
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Monsters Inc.
  • Brohoof 2

The Incredibles or Wall-E are my favourite Pixar films, can't find any flaws with them and I can't really rank one higher than the other. As for Disney I'd probably say the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise if that counts, Zootopia/zootropolis is my favourite animated Disney film though.

Oh my, I have soooo sooo sooo many favorite Disney/Pixar and Dreamworks movies, I can't even keep count ^_^ But, I'd have to say my all time favorite Disney/Pixar movies are all the Cars movies, Cars, Cars 2 and Cars 3. As for my all time favorite Dreamworks movie, it's definitely Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron <3

(Moving this to Media Discussion)

Well, if I had to pick one from all three, these would be my choices:

Pixar - Cars: This may seem like a strange pic, but this movie speaks to me for two reasons: Sportsmanship in racing, and geographic case-studies. The racing part is a tad obvious, but that ending scene with Lightning and The King always hits me in the heart. As for the geographic aspect, the affect of the interstate on small towns is actually a VERY interesting bit of real life info. I won't say it is a bad thing, but I like how it was portrayed.

Disney - Atlantis: The Lost Empire: I am one of the few who will ever call this their favorite animated film ever, but this film is special to me. The feeling of adventure and discovery feels so good here, and the use of ancient civilizations, archeology, and the like really speaks to me. And you know what else? The main character is a cartographer! *Squee*

Dreamworks - Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas: Like the above film, Sinbad just really fills my need for adventure and the like. <3

I'm gonna have to go with Monsters, Inc. I just found it so funny as a child, and it actually is helping me with personal issues right now. I just love the positive message it gives, and how funny it still is to this day. The casting was genius, though. Like MMMM. Steve Buscemi, Billy Crystal, and John Goodman are great in their own right, but oh my goodness, altogether they are fantastic.

I love Finding Nemo and Toy Story, too. (Up's pretty great as well.)

:pout:

Disney: Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, The Sword in the Stone, The Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver & Company, The Little Mermaid, DuckTales the Movie, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, A Goofy Movie, Mulan, Lilo & Stitch

(breathes)

Pixar: Toy Story, WALL-E

Dreamworks: The Prince of Egypt

• 1 year later...

Disney: The Lion king, Lilo and Stich, Aladdin and Winnie the Pooh. 

Pixar: Monster inc and Toy Story  2. 

Dreamwork: How To Train your Dragon (the perfect movie), Rise Of The Guardians and Mega Mind.

AND idk if anyone else knows about Bluesky but I am gonna throw this in. 

Bluesky: Rio and Rio 2, and Ice Age (1 and 2)

Sort of an update:

Pixar (Top 10)

1. Finding Nemo 
  2. Toy Story
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Wall-E
  6. Monsters, Inc.
  7. Toy Story 2 
  8. Finding Dory
  9. Up (recently watched it)
  10. Ratatouille