Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animation Questions, from toon boom to flash

pocketshotgun

(edited)

Hello, so I have been animating using 3D programs for a few years now and have recently been moving into 2D, I have tried various animation softwares and had settled on using Toon Boom Animate Pro.

Recently though I have been wanting to move into flash and have a few question regarding how different things transfer over.

1. Extend Exposure: In Toon Boom there is an option that says "Extend Exposure" which allows a certain object (drawing background etc) to be seen in more than just one frame, for example if I had a Fluttershy puppet/rig on frame 1 and I didn't want it to dissapear on frame 2, how would I do this?

2. Properly using motion tweens: This has been a problem for me in previous flash experiences I know how to add them but not how to PROPERLY add them and use them and I am wondering how exactly to to this.

3. Properly pose and animate a puppet: In previous experiences with flash I have tried using puppets and when I move, for example a leg, and set a keyframe and make a motion tween, I can get the leg to move but the whole rest of the puppet disappears, in the view and on render I am wondering how to fix this. This question I thought would most likely be answered in the first one "Extend Exposure" but I have it here just in case.

4.Any tips/tricks or advice for animating: This is just if you have any in general information that might be useful when animating in flash, for example things that you didn't know and had trouble with and then eventually figured out. Just to make things easier.

Thanks for any replies!

I am really hoping you guys/girls can answer these questions for me as they have been a problem for some time. Also any bite sized useful video tutorials would be great!

(also, Admins, I think I posted this in the right section this time)

Edited by pocketshotgun

(edited)

Oy, I had a long reply typed out about working in Animate Pro and then I reread your post to see you're actually asking about how to do things in Flash.  Whoops.

But I can help you with animation fundamentals.  You may be aware of some or all of this info already but I'm hoping this thread I made a while back can help you out anyway: http://mlpforums.com/topic/100863-animation-fundamentals/

The info is not Flash-specific but universal for animating in general.

Edited by ErBoi