Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Why the Hiatus is so long

TheJLeeTeam

(edited)

I know that. At one point, there was a second studio that provided animation for the show if I recall (possibly still is?). Regardless of that, it's one studio in charge of scheduling the different projects, and while each project tends to have their own team, comments by storyboard artists, Thiessen and Miller hint that they overlap several talent into various projects. Also the timeline points otherwise, it wasn't until LSP and the EQG projects began production that we started to see longer hiatuses. Things hint that the managing of various projects since S3 could be of influence of why the longer hiatuses.

Effect on the production of the show? Because again, things kind of make it look like it does have an effect on production. However small. Also, it was Jim himself who said we shouldn't take what they say to seriously, because they could be wrong as handling a corporate brand leaves limited creative control.

You didn't catch what I was saying. There was a really short wait between S1 to S2 compared to what seems to be the norm now. During the S1 to S2 wait DHX wasn't handling as many active projects as they are now. That handling began during the S2 to S3 hiatus. As that was around the time LPS and the first EQG went into production.

LPS and the movies did not increase the workload. They were already working on multiple shows when season 2 was being made, like Kid vs Kat, Martha Speaks, and Pound Puppies, and as some of those shows have ended as the show moved on to season 3, LPS and the movies took their places, with the movies arguably being easier and quicker to handle since they're only about 72 minutes compared to a season worth of episodes. Also yes, Top Draw still works on doing the show's layout, backgrounds, and animation.

People on the studio tend to work on multiple shows, but they change to different projects based on what's available and if they're already done with something. If they're in need of people in a certain position and no one's available, they still put out ads for storyboard artists or whatever position is needed.

The point about the first hiatus being short does not go against what I was saying. When first starting out, they naturally have more buffer time. A lot of production was done before the show even began, which allowed for the first hiatus to be short. That doesn't negate how the natural production time it takes to make a season will take longer than a year, meaning more time is needed and the hiatuses just naturally get longer.

Yes, affect on the production of the show. You can try and point fingers at LPS or the movies all you want, but you have no actual proof that it is affecting the series. Correlation, that the second hiatus leading to season 3 was longer around the time LPS was being made (EqG was written after season 3 was written and animated after season 3 was animated) does not equal causation. What proof is there that production of a season could be finished in a yearly cycle on a regular basis? Unless you can give that, than you can't disprove what I've said about how production just naturally takes more than a year, which causes the premiere date to be pushed back.

And I'd like a source on where Jim said that. From what I recall, the only context he's said not to take them to seriously is stuff like the contents of future episodes, AKA story information, because they're naturally going to lie due to NDA. Plus I don't see how he could be wrong about his statement that it takes a year to a year and a half just to animate a season, seeing as this would require him to be wrong about how long he himself has worked on each season.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

And I'd like a source on where Jim said that. From what I recall, the only context he's said not to take them to seriously is stuff like the contents of future episodes, AKA story information, because they're naturally going to lie due to NDA. Plus I don't see how he could be wrong about his statement that it takes a year to a year and a half just to animate a season, seeing as this would require him to be wrong about how long he himself has worked on each season.

In one of Jim's twitter replies to the Murisson fellow. He revealed Flash Sentry's cameo was a Hasbro mandate added while work for the show was undergoing through the DHX part of things. Basically confirming Meghan wasn't lying about Sentry in S4, as he wasn't in any of the scripts. Also the recent comments from Curnow apparently having met with Thiessen to discuss next month's comics, and Miller apparently having no knowledge of this happening. If Curnow can admit to this, shouldn't Miller also if he knew something? Also Miller being the one to state the comics and show are seperate. Some things aren't adding up, and I wouldn't be surprised if things aren't as people are assuming they are behind the scenes working for the show.

Edited by ArcheoPony

In one of Jim's twitter replies to the Murisson fellow. He revealed Flash Sentry's cameo was a Hasbro mandate added while work for the show was undergoing through the DHX part of things. Basically confirming Meghan wasn't lying about Sentry in S4, as he wasn't in any of the scripts.

In the context of what Jim was saying, he said that the Equestria Girls movies have no affect on the time it takes to produce the season. It's a different matter than being mistaken on the contents of the episodes within the season.

Also the recent comments from Curnow apparently having met with Thiessen to discuss next month's comics, and Miller apparently having no knowledge of this happening. If Curnow can admit to this, shouldn't Miller also if he knew something?

What is there to admit? The meeting only involved Thiessen, Curnow, and some other people from Hasbro, but it didn't involve Miller. Curnow was even the one who said it was with Thiessen, but didn't mention Miller.

Also Miller being the one to state the comics and show are seperate. Some things aren't adding up, and I wouldn't be surprised if things aren't as people are assuming they are behind the scenes working for the show.

What the comic stories do does not affect how the show is being made is what he meant.

And all you've talked about is what's inside of the content of the seasons, but you still haven't provided anything to cast doubt on his own sense of time for how long the animation process goes on for.

(edited)

Being a guy who's recently gotten into The Big Bang Theory and tech channels, I have no problem with the wait, though at some times I feel it and complain it like my life. :lol:

As long as the content gets released and meets or even exceeds our expectations, I'll be damn sure the wait will be worth it. :D

Edited by Fillypino Pride
  • Brohoof 1

The patients of Kh fans are only second to Half life fans 

To answer the question though, I do believe a Goat ate the original script so they had to start over

img-3544927-1-bDR2gIX.pngSilly goat.

Ok I have to know. Are the comics worth reading? It would be nice to get back into the groove of things before the new season starts.

Just got done. it was alright.

That's pretty much the feel you are going to get for the comics then. They'll range from alright to "this is really bad"

Personally I like the comics and they have some really interesting ideas in them, but they don't have quality control like the show does. The ones that are good are pretty enjoyable though. Up to you.