Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Azumanga Daioh

CC_Maud_Pie

Anypony watched the anime Azumanga Daioh? If yes, then what do you think of it? Also, what are your favorite characters?

I ended up watching this anime last summer by picking it randomnly while looking for an anime I can watch. I liked the anime because it was funny (I laughed 10 minutes into the first episode), the characters are diverse, and the fact that the girls and two teachers still hung out with each other even when they annoyed each other at times. My favorite characters are:

- Sakaki: Because I can relate to her shyness.

- Chiyo-chan: Because she's cute.

- Chiyo-Father: Because I like how weird of a character he is.

- Kimura: Because he's the funniest character in the show in my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

Azumanga Daioh was the first anime I watched knowing fully that I was watching '"anime", if that makes any sense. I absolutely love it. Everything about the characters and the writing hit all the right notes for me. I even thought the dub was alright, which is rare because I usually only watch anime subtitled. It's also, so far, the only anime I own the complete manga set of.

It's kind of a cheap answer, but honestly, all of the characters are my favorite. My absolute favorite part of the show was actually just seeing all the characters interact with each other.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I get annoyed by all the otaku pandering "cute girls doing cute things" shows. Azumanga comes from a great time where slice of life wasn't mass produced. Everything about that show feels genuine, with next to no moé fanservice or fetishism.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 1

I love that series.  I've read the manga and seen the English and Japanese dubs of the anime.  It's probably one of the funniest anime series I've seen. Osaka's my favorite, by far.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, memories, back when I was first getting into all the anime that existed outside of Toonami, back when Anime Network was the hypest thing. Own the whole manga series and one or two of the DVDs. 

• Brohoof 1

This is probably one of my most-viewed anime franchises. I've read the manga like six times and seen the anime at least two or three times.

Yet I don't own it. I should be ashamed. :(

• Brohoof 2

I fricken love this show. Me and all my siblings would watch it every summer since I was 11 or something. It's hilarious!

You should consider reading the manga...its pretty much the same, but your know. :)

My favourite character is probably Osaka. err...Ayumu Kasuga.

• Brohoof 1