Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Historical Weapon?

Taviscratch

edit: I love how everyone is like oh they're so elegant and cool looking and I'm just sitting here thinking about their actual use, killing. Why do we glorify weapons when they are literally made to kill people?

Form doesn't have to be sacrificed for function. I love all weapons, but some firearms impress me for their elegance as well as the precision engineering going on "under the hood."

One such example for me is the Schofield:

post-6104-0-71202300-1425437673_thumb.jpg

Revolvers are my favorite type of firearm, particularly single-actions. I especially like those that break rather than using a loading gate, and this is the most comfortable I've ever held.

• Brohoof 2

• T-34: Do I have to tell why?

t34_1944858_tank.jpg

• Stalinorgel (Katyusha): This weapon is a hell of a beast with a sound that litteraly sounds like an organ, hence the name Stalinorgel (Stalin's organ). Even Sodom, one of my favorite bands has done a song about it:

• Elephant: I like the look of this germanic weapon, it's like an elephant but tankified!

Elephant.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd say the nuclear bomb, it's by far the most deadly weapon. while most other weapons could kill a few people and some buildings if they worked together, as long as there isn't any anti-missile structures nearby, just fire a single nuke and boom city gone. (thank god those things can't be used in war though)

post-26346-0-79066700-1425471408.jpg

Edited by that creepy iguana
  • Brohoof 1

• Stalinorgel (Katyusha): This weapon is a hell of a beast with a sound that litteraly sounds like an organ, hence the name Stalinorgel (Stalin's organ). Even Sodom, one of my favorite bands has done a song about it:

I must admit, I'm rather fond of the Katyusha ever since I played a WWII game (can't remember it's name) where you could commandeer one and just destroy the entire battlefield.

edit: I love how everyone is like oh they're so elegant and cool looking and I'm just sitting here thinking about their actual use, killing. Why do we glorify weapons when they are literally made to kill people?

If you are going to kill somebody, you might as well do it in style.

• Brohoof 1

I must admit, I'm rather fond of the Katyusha ever since I played a WWII game (can't remember it's name) where you could commandeer one and just destroy the entire battlefield.

It must have been Men of War: Assault Squad (or just any Men of War game). 

Some more awesome weapons: 

Karbiner 98 Kurz 300px-Kar_98K_-_AM.021488.jpg

Sturmgewehr 45 (StG 45) 300px-Sturmgewehr_45_reproduction.png

(edited)

I find myself fond of the Mauser, as someone that's not really into weapons there's something iconic about it.

img-3548759-1-19920246-001.jpg

It's got to be Han Solo hasn't it?

Han+Solo+Right+Side.JPG

The Mauser also has a real steampunk feel which I find appealing

Edited by Taviscratch

I like the Zweihänder alot. Basically the german equivalent to the scottish Claymore 

420_big.jpg

I also really like the Lucerne Hammer which was basically a battle hammer/pick which was converted into a polearm. 

300x211xbec_de_corbin.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6

• Brohoof 1

these are my 3 the Type 98Gunto Katana WWII Japanese Officer Sword. I want!!

the WWII Germany MG42, 8mm ( this one is mine  and it's semi-auto :( )

the last is the golden tachi sword(the one in the pic is from 1540).  A tachi  was a type of traditionally made Japanese sword  worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan. The tachi style of swords preceded the development of the katana  — the first use of the word katana to indicate a blade different from tachi appears toward the end of the twelfth century.     

i also like the chinese jian sword and i would want one Sokka's has in avatar the last airbender

post-13882-0-25143600-1425500402_thumb.jpg

post-13882-0-32584100-1425500408_thumb.jpg

post-13882-0-00496500-1425500413.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Ulfberht

Obviously

I mean, look at all those swords, lovely! But half of them would break incredibly quickly if thrown into a pitched fight. The Ulfberht however, will break everything else but it! The nice weight doesn't hurt either :P

My favorite old-timey weapon has to be the trident.  Polearms in general make one look so powerful and have such a great use in the phallanx formation, but tridents make one look so much more menacing!   :lol:

spear_hk4028_big.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Big Bertha. Hands down.

An impenetrable bunker, you say? 

830Kg, 45cm of explodey goodness.

Shells measured in centimetres, not little sissy mills.

It's a manly man's grenade launcher.