Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever have lucid dreams?

Poetic Stone

I just want to know how many have what is called lucid dreaming, or being able to control your dreams. I have had very few in my life, and it start when you realize you are dreaming, and you take control of said dream. The ones I have had are always very vivid, and sometime I wake in a sweat, but all in all I love lucid dreaming. Its one part of sleep that I hope happens everynight, but sadly they most never do so let me know about yours.

• Brohoof 5

I've done it a few times, just to see if i could bring my OC into it, it actually worked! So far i was only able to bring Candy Star into it; but can't get any others into, could it be that i don't have any interest in them?

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 3

I've had very few lucid dreams before; my most recent one was a few months ago. I'm only able to have lucid dreams through random chance. I've tried every method there is to have them, but they don't seem to work. >_>

• Brohoof 2

I've had very few lucid dreams before; my most recent one was a few months ago. I'm only able to have lucid dreams through random chance. I've tried every method there is to have them, but they don't seem to work. >_>

I know when I was younger I tried all types of things from sounds to books, but they only happen it seems when it wants to.

Yes.  I never thought about it for most of my life, then about a year ago I just randomly started reading about it and thought that this is definitely something I should be doing.  I taught myself to do it by simply willing it to happen.  I have them fairly regularly now.  Most often I fly around like Superman.  It's a lot of fun.  One time I decided to put on the Iron Man suit and fly with that instead.  Most recently, I had one of my recurring nightmares where my town is hit by massive tornadoes, and I was trapped in my car in gridlock.  Then I realized I was dreaming and took control.  I turned off the inclement weather, then shoved the cars out of the way like Magneto.  Didn't stay asleep long enough to do anything else with that one, though.

• Brohoof 1

I've had them a few times, but I'm never in complete control. I can only get something to happen if I think really hard about it. Last time I had one it was sort of freaking me out because I couldn't control it and I tried to wake myself up, which took forever to work.

• Brohoof 1

Seems to me there was a thread just like this a while back...only it told you how to have these dreams.

I have had them a lot. Somewhere awesome, and some just made me wanna get up. I had this one dream I got to walk around Jay Leno's garage and drive whatever I wanted. I was in nirvana as a approached a Ferrari F50. I got in the driver's seat, put my hand on the steering wheel and started the engine. THEN MY GRANDMA WOKE ME UP! I have yet to have that dream again ;_;

• Brohoof 2

Seems to me there was a thread just like this a while back...only it told you how to have these dreams.

I have had them a lot. Somewhere awesome, and some just made me wanna get up. I had this one dream I got to walk around Jay Leno's garage and drive whatever I wanted. I was in nirvana as a approached a Ferrari F50. I got in the driver's seat, put my hand on the steering wheel and started the engine. THEN MY GRANDMA WOKE ME UP! I have yet to have that dream again ;_;

Wow that sucks, always hate when i get interrupted.

• Brohoof 1

I have had several lucid dreams, and I've related a few of them in one of my blogs.

I have yet to master lucid dreaming at will, or controlling my dreams effectively, but it certainly is possible. It just takes practice. 

In fact, last night I had one of the longest lucid dreams I've ever had. I was flying around constantly like I was a ghost, as I was invisible and able to pass through solid objects and people. I remember trying to pray to God to see if it'd feel any different in that state as opposed to waking life, and it didn't, which is interesting as it's the only thing I can recall that feels the same when comparing my waking life to my dreams. Eventually I also flew into what appeared to be a disassembled Roman colosseum twirling as a vortex with immense velocity. When I did so I felt as if I had travelled back in time to the times of ancient Rome, yet visually I seemed to be in a 2-dimensional universe in which everyone was constructed out of living, moving ink. I was only there for a few seconds, and after that the dream either transitioned or I woke up, I don't remember which.

• Brohoof 1

I have once in awhile, last night it happened where I was aware I was dreaming. I was in a field looking for some kind of flower. Once I was aware I was dreaming I tried to ask someone for help to find the flower I was looking for. Then my dream ended and I woke up so I never found it. >.>

• Brohoof 1

I am one of those very lucky people, and I lucid dream every night. I do all sorts of crazy stuff now that I have good control over it, and at one point I was going to do a fanfiction based off what I got up to in my dreams. never really did much towards that though :L

• Brohoof 1