Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria?

SerenaTheMoonPony

Hey Everypony!

So, I was thinking-which is a rare/dangerous thing for me to do- :lol:

Should Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria or stay in the mirror world?

I, personally think she should return to Equestria and patch things up with Princess Celestia (I'm not entirely sure if Hasbro recognises the comics as canon or not, so I have no idea what actually happened between the two)

So what do you think? Should Sunset Shimmer come back to Equestria or just stay in the mirror world? :adorkable:

I really hope she does return to Equestria, it could make for some great story telling. I really like her as a character and it would be cool to see back in her original form and how her friendship with the mane 6 would go.

• Brohoof 3

i actually really wish for Sunny to return to EQ. Firstly she would have to ask for forgiveness from Tia which... meh... could be made interesting if properly executed.

We could also see some probs of her re-fitting in Pony society... with the help of the M6... (Showing help... i guess =p)

Now she may or may not join the M6 as a 7th element... i personally would <3 it... but ik some people would rage like hell =p

So in conclusion... COME BACK SUNNY!

• Brohoof 3

i actually really wish for Sunny to return to EQ. Firstly she would have to ask for forgiveness from Tia which... meh... could be made interesting if properly executed.

We could also see some probs of her re-fitting in Pony society... with the help of the M6... (Showing help... i guess =p)

Now she may or may not join the M6 as a 7th element... i personally would <3 it... but ik some people would rage like hell =p

So in conclusion... COME BACK SUNNY!

Yea i know some would rage but I would love it as well if she joined the mane 6 as a seventh element. I'm not super crazy about the EQ girls in general but I love sunny as a character.

I feel like it would be interesting for her to quit this parallel world and to join her true world. :)

However, I really don't feel like seeing her join the mane 6. There's no need for a 7th element and no reason to start giving elements to everyone that learnt something about friendship.

And it would really become annoying seeing her regret what she's done during whole seasons of MLP. Rainbow Rocks was long enough. >_>

I don't hate her, she's a nice character, but joining the mane 6 ? Nah.

I'm pretty sure Discord learnt a lot about friendship and stuff, and that he's much closer to the mane 6 than Sunset Shimmer, but I wouldn't give him an element and a place among the mane 6 either.. ;)

• Brohoof 1

If she were to return to Equestria I could only see it working if it's temporary. She's built a strong bond with the human Man 5 and it'd be a shame the see that gone.

Now, maybe we could find human Sunset... ;)

Sure she can come back. But she shouldn't stay permanently, since she has a life in the mirror world now. Maybe she can come to Equestria for 1 or 2 episodes per Season and then act as a plot point for the episode. Making up with Celestia would of course be the first option.

I also don't want her to be a part of the Mane 6. There are 6 Elements of harmony and the writers have to come up with something big, to explain why Sunset is all of a sudden the 7th element.

Again, being part of the show? Sure. But not a main character.

• Brohoof 2

As long as that means that both EQG movies are 100% canon.  :P

Maybe even Flash could return as well just for the heck of it

As long as Sunset stays as awesome as she was in Rainbow Rocks then I would be perfectly fine with it.

• Brohoof 1

It'd be awesome if she was able to at least visit Equestria, but she's formed bonds of friendship with folks in the EQG world that she hasn't formed with folks in the FiM world, so I don't know if I'd want her to move back permanently.

It would be great to see her return to Equestria for a while. But I think she now belongs in the EG world. She has kinda assimilated herself there and has friends there as well :)

• Brohoof 1

YES!! She is adorable as a pony and I would love to see her again. The thing is we see that Twilight does have a humen version of heself in the EG world so does this mean that Sunset Shimmer is the only pony with out  a humen version of herself? Or like twilight does she have a humen version of herself in another part of the world?

I hope these questions are answered in the next movie.

• Brohoof 1

People say the continuity will be murky if we cross EG with FIM, I say, Sunset Shimmer is freaking awesome, so yes, a million times YES, please. I would love to see her tell Princess Celestia everything shes learned about friendship. I would love to see her basically be like Twilight, coming to a new world seeing the doubles of all of HER friends, possibly helping them with friendship error. Sunset is amazing. I relate in so many ways, she was the greatest reformation I have not only seen but felt. "Welcome to the Show", Rainbooms closing song, it hits me right in the heart, watching her friends let go of the past and recognize who Sunset has become, watching her wield the power of friendship. Its awesome. I don't know how else to put it, her character is an element of friendship in my eyes,

I recall in the beginning of the first film Celestia mentioning the shifting of balance when others travel from their respective world to another. Should Sunset return to Equestria? I say yes; she was arguably the most developed character in Rainbow Rocks, and she still has a lot of potential, and I would like to see her become a student once again to a monarch: preferably Twilight. It would also restore this supposed 'balance'. 

NO, well she shouldnt B-cause she has rebuild her life in the human world, she lost everypony's trust e.g. The royal Princesses etc and he is still fairly new to the 'whole friendship thing' also she is too awesome in the human world and she is sort of the element of magic in the human world, so regarding that the universe needs to be balanced also she did take the human Sunset's identity. but y'know me therorizng randomly

This is definitely a more touchy topic to pick with. In my opinion, having Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria would be nice if only for an adventure. After Rainbow Rocks premiered, it was quite portrayed that she now was part of the mane 6 of the human world after her color was added to the rainbow. You could say that she is now the Twilight Sparkle of the human world. It would be cool to see her return to Equestria and see how the pony group reacts to her. It would kind of be the whole "awkward silent" treatment all over again.

• Brohoof 1

I personally would like to see what would happen if she met with Princess Celestia again and perheaps finish her studies with Celestia for a short bit and visit Equestira all she wants since Twilight hacked the portal.

However, I'm not a big fan of her joining the Mane 6 or having a element of Harmony herself.

As ConcorDisparate had said

However, I really don't feel like seeing her join the mane 6. There's no need for a 7th element and no reason to start giving elements to everyone that learnt something about friendship.

And it would really become annoying seeing her regret what she's done during whole seasons of MLP. Rainbow Rocks was long enough. dry.png

I personally agree what ConcorDisparate had said there. If there was a 7th element of Harmony, I'm sure Princess Celestia wouldn't keep that as a secret although that would make a interesting episode in the series.

I'd like for Sunset Shimmer to simply befriend the pony Mane 6 but certainly not stay in Equestria forever. She has a new reputation in Canterlot High and is trying to get everyone to forgive her as she's also the new band member of the Rainbooms with the human Mane Five so she can't abandon them. She needs to maintain her friendship with them too as she's still new to it.

Also, the element of Sunset Shimmer is a pretty big debate in the fandom whereabouts right now and many agure what would be her element. Forgiveness? Change? Element of friendship? Some even think of her as the human element of Magic which I think sounds a little silly. That's basically sharing Twilight's element and if she gets her own element, at least give her a unique one for herself. It's a interesting idea, but after all Sunset Shimmer is still new to friendship and has a lot to learn and it was hinted at the end of the Rainbow Rocks movie they showed a little short of a human Twilight and dog Spike who could be the real Twilight and Spike of that world. It's also hinted of a Equestira Girls 3 (look at Equestira Daily for it) and the glasses human Twilight, not the one from the pony world but the one that was born in the human world, would feature in itt.

Who knows? Since the glasses one is curious about the school and believes the school to have some magic in it, she might end up being the anatagiost in the movie and in the end she'll likely to turn refoarmed and be the human world Element of Magic and they could be the human Mane 7 if the show does the Mane 7 thing.

So all in all, Sunset Shimmer visting Equestira once more is a interesting idea and concept, but she shouldn't stay there forever. At least just visit there a few times I'm fine.

Edited by SweetbrierFushsia

Eh Yes and no. As for the yes, Sunset is a great character and adding her to the cast would shake things up, giving us a complement to Twilight, almost like a Batman to Twilight's Superman (if Batman were a magically powerful unicorn form an alternative dimension that is) As for the no, I feel Sunset has more story telling options in the EQG universe, as: 

it appears to be that in EQG 3 she and the rest of the Humane 5 will be up againt the Human version of Twilight, which has a good idea going for it, as the formerly fallen must now fight the one who helped them up. And I would love to see Sunset fight her human counterpart, who most likely would act very similar to her prior to her reform and that would also be great to see.

• Brohoof 2

Eh Yes and no. As for the yes, Sunset is a great character and adding her to the cast would shake things up, giving us a complement to Twilight, almost like a Batman to Twilight's Superman (if Batman were a magically powerful unicorn form an alternative dimension that is) As for the no, I feel Sunset has more story telling options in the EQG universe, as: 

it appears to be that in EQG 3 she and the rest of the Humane 5 will be up againt the Human version of Twilight, which has a good idea going for it, as the formerly fallen must now fight the one who helped them up. And I would love to see Sunset fight her human counterpart, who most likely would act very similar to her prior to her reform and that would also be great to see.

you have a very fair point i still want her to stay in the human world though

In my ideal world, they'd let Twilight Sparkle have a bit more character development as a princess and move beyond the role of a student to one of a teacher and leader.

Then Sunset could return to Equestria and Twilight could take her on as her personal student, like Twilight had been to Celestia. (Though I don't think Sunny should be the squealing fangirl type student that Twilight was. A more balanced master/apprentice relationship would be better.)

That way Sunset could have a major role in the show, but without disturbing the current Mane 6 dynamic. 

And of course, eventually she would marry my self-insert OC. (We were talking about my ideal world, right?)

I would really like to see Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria because she's still got some unfinished business there including clearing things up with Princess Celestia, I would also like to see Sunset interact with the pony Mane 6.

• 4 months later...

I think Sunset Shimmer should return to equestrian and become part of the mane group. I say she is the missing element of Harmony. when Harmony is said. I always think about the seven traits. they are Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter( courage) Leadership(magic) and recovery( redemption).

Sunset is the element of redemption.