Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria?

SerenaTheMoonPony

I think she's a great character, so yes! But I don't want her to be part of the Mane Six. I wouldn't want the Mane Seven, I think we've got enough. But I'd definitely like to see her appear in some episodes, maybe just hanging out maybe?

@@SerenaTheMoonPony,

I'm not sure, I think Sunny may visit Equestria to fix things with Celestia, but I thinks she feels more like at home as a human

I agree with you on that. What I see is Sunset making amends with Princess Celestia, but then explaining that she would rather live in the Human World, because that's the place she's gotten used to, and it's pretty much the place that she now calls home. So she'll make up with Celestia, and then she'll return to the Human World. Maybe she'll come visit Equestria every now and then, but she DEFINITELY won't be staying there.

• Brohoof 1

I think Sunset Shimmer should return to equestrian and become part of the mane group. I say she is the missing element of Harmony. when Harmony is said. I always think about the seven traits. they are Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter( courage) Leadership(magic) and recovery( redemption).

Sunset is the element of redemption.

Then how should they do this, without making the seventh element look like a Deus Ex Machina?

Suddenly Twilight asks Princess Celestia "Princess, i didn't knew that there was a 7th Element?" Celestia says "Well...me neither." And Twilight says "then how?" And Celestia says "Friendship lulz."

You can't make her the 7th element in a realistical way. You have to destroy alot that was build in the last 5 seasons.

Besides, she has her own friends in the mirror world.

:wub:I love it when these threads pop up :wub:

I personally think the equestrian version of Sunset Shimmer should remain in the human world.

BUT

I feel that the human version of Sunset Shimmer should be introduced in some way, and become a part of Equestria possibly join the Mane 6 (Mane 7, I guess it would be...)

Very tough question. I'm torn because there's pros and cons of her going back to Equestria...

Pros. Sunset Shimmer was born in Equestria. She presumably has a family there who might miss her (as mentioned in the comics, but the canon status of those is questionable), and her strained relationship with her mentor, Princess Celestia, is something that would be worthwhile to touch upon. It'd be neat seeing pony Sunset Shimmer again, and her returning to Equestria gives her the chance to meet and befriend Twilight's pony friends, and I'm one of those crazy Sunny fans who thinks it would be a nice new change of pace to have Sunset Shimmer pull a sixth ranger trope and join the Mane Six as a new main character. We wouldn't necessarily have to "lose" Sunset Shimmer in Equestria Girls, as there's bound to be an actual human counterpart somewhere who could potentially fill the void for Equestrian Sunset. It can be argued that Sunset is closest to Equestrian Twilight, as she is the one who helped Sunset open her eyes and heart to friendship, and she might eventually feel homesick for Equestria; wanting to go back and make a fresh start as a new and reformed pony.

Cons. Sunset Shimmer has been happily living her life in the human world for some time now, and she's made the changes she needed to lead a better life while making close friends for the very first time. It would be almost sad to see her leave Canterlot High after all the positive changes she has made. Sunset has become something of a lead character for the Equestria Girls franchise, something she wouldn't be if she were to return to Equestria, and EG wouldn't be the same without her. Who would be the "leader" in Equestria Girls? Human Twilight? A newly introduced human Sunset? Even if there is a human version of Sunset, would she be able to adequately replace the current Sunset? Sunset leaving would undoubtedly create a lot of complications.

Despite my conflicted feelings, I think I would rather see her return to Equestria and have her true human counterpart take her place in Equestria Girls, similar to what's being done with Twilight in Friendship Games. That way we no longer have to worry about convoluted plots about ponies living in another world or traveling through mirrors. The two worlds can finally be separated, and Equestria Girls can try to stand on its own. I don't think it would be too hard to pull off a scenario where some sort of magical disturbance harms the balance between the two worlds and Sunset is forced to return from whence she came, bidding farewell to her Canterlot High friends. Maybe having two Sunsets in one world could cause that over time?

I don't know. There's a lot places they can take this, but it will be hard to keep FiM and EG completely separate in doing so, in other words, without FiM making reference to EG. Bottom line for me is that Sunset is one of my favorite characters and I just want to see more of her, regardless of whether she's got hooves or hands.

I'm a bit conflicted about this matter. I don't watch the main series, but from a logical standpoint, I feel she should, it's her home, but on the other hand, it'd be kinda really sad for her to just leave her new friends behind. One thing they could do is introduce the Human world version of Sunset Shimmer and perhaps resolve the Pony Shimmer's situation in the human world to set Pony Shimmer up for the move back to Equestria, but under the impression her and Pony Sparkle are at least going to keep in touch and visit the Human world and their friends there from time to time.

I'd like to see Human Shimmer as still in her villainous phase, possibly as a highly successful, possibly famous scientist or archaeologist/occultist which could tie into a storyline about Human world magic being awakened/rediscovered by her, which she tries to use for her own diabolical ends. I kinda miss Sunset as a bad girl... possibly as part of an alliance with the Dazzlings who are using her to regain their power or something to that effect.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it'd make up for some really sweet storytelling, but I kinda doubt she may come back, given Sunset's established the human world as her residence, but yeah, maybe Twi can let her pass through the portal she created. After all, Sunset has redeemed herself and deserves a second chance on her native land

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would have liked to see that happen.

But now with what's going to happen with Starlight Glimmer it would be redundant to have the exact same character arch happen at the same time.

Though it would have been nice to see her return instead. But whatever.