Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What scared you in Courage the Cowardly Dog?

Metallic Strings

thumbnail_41390.png

Yes, this scared me more than anything else. I don't know why but that was freakin scary when I was younger :(

Ramsey was kind of scary, Perfect was more entertaining then anything, and then there were just the occasional scares like the floating head and the violin girl that came up in other episodes.

Seriously if you guys think this show is scary then you obviously haven't seen a horror flick or slasher film lol.

I can see the show scaring people under the age of seven but that's it.

lVkx7.jpg

Different things scare different people, guy.

I don't remember watching Courage the Cowardly Dog much as a kid, but King Ramseys was pretty disturbing. The way he says "Return the slab, or suffer my curse" is pretty freaky.

And speaking of freaky, Freaky Fred is just plain creepy. Especially when he began trimming Courage's fur. Fred's grin is just really unsettling.

The blue fetus thing didn't scare me that much. I found it more funny than creepy.

I don't remember what specific creature scared me, but what I do know is that the show terrified me as a little kid. Whenever it came on, I would quickly flip the channel.

"You're not perfect...." - Creepy blue dude in Courage's nightmare. Yikes. What the frick, Cartoon Network? haha

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy

I was twelve when Courage the Cowardly Dog became a series, so it did not scare me, it was also the last year childhood fears scared me. Before I was twelve horror films scared me, while I got over some horror films, others gross me out more than scare me, I never really watched Courage the Cowardly Dog anyway, it was too weird for my taste, the Powerpuff Girls and Toonami monopolised my time on Cartoon Network, until I left it for Toon Disney, so far I have little interest to return to the Cartoon Network, much less Courage.

The... one episode, what is it... The Magical Tree of Giving or whatever? I'd cry every time that would play, along with anything else that had to do with compassion. I'd say that really got me out of touch with my emotions. :P

I'm sorry but that episode did make me laugh at least a little bit (if it's the episode I'm thinking of), just because of the part where Eustace runs at the tree yelling "Chop chop chop chop chop!" I was a very immature child if you couldn't already tell :P

Pretty much everything in Courage scared me as a kid, but I love the show regardless, the things that gave me nightmares though were King Ramses, the creature shown in the Perfect episode, the monsters shown in the episode where Courage goes to New York with his owners, Freaky Fred, the episode where Muriel and Eustace turn into puppets, The Mask episode of Courage, the episode where a zombie director wants Muriel and Eustace to be in a zombie movie, and the evil vet that kidnaps Courage and tries to send him to the moon.

I was scared of the blue trumpet thing for the longest time. There is a bunch of creepy stuff in this show (love it anyway), but the "You're not perfect" guy takes the cake for scariest thing on the show in my opinion.

There were a lot of scenes and themes in The Mask that were creepy too, but they were more on the disturbing side and didn't scare me too much.

Edited by Blue Moon

I was scared of the blue trumpet thing for the longest time. There is a bunch of creepy stuff in this show (love it anyway), but the "You're not perfect" guy takes the cake for scariest thing on the show in my opinion.

There were a lot of scenes and themes in The Mask that were creepy too, but they were more on the disturbing side and didn't scare me too much.

The mask actually makes references to domestic violence with the parts with mad dog and bunny.

@@Metallic Strings, Moved your topic, correctly added a prefix and fixed capitalization in the thread name because it was bothering me. >.>

Blame my stupid iPad for messing up the capitalization. Sometimes the word correction thing on it can be sooooooooo annoying.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Everything wasn't really scary. But when I was a kid, I was just terrified by the Spirit of the Harvest Moon for some reason.

...until I grew up and started to laugh every time at the "Not a Farmer" joke.

Still one of my most favorite TV shows, ever.

omg I don't remember what episode I saw I just remember watching a single episode of CTCD when I was like 8 and we were in some cabin in the mountains and I got so scared that night when we went to bed I had to go out in the living room and turn the light on. xP