Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Scootaloo a changeling ?

Megachangeling12

21 users have voted

1. 1. Good theory ?

• Yes
    • No
    • It coukd have potential

Hey everypony ! I recently read a fan theory thread on here that suggested that daring do could be Scootaloo's mother . http://mlpforums.com/topic/124261-is-scootaloos-mom-daring-do/#entry3594741. I started think and thought well what if Sccots is a forgotten changeling nymph that was forced to live among ponies ? It would explain several things including her lack of a cutie mark , tye fact we've never seen her parents , her inability to fly and her small sized wings . I always thought her body shape kind've remined me a changeling as well . What do you guys think about the possibility of scootaling ?

Oh and what makes it obvious ? I mean it coukd open up some investing plot lines . Like Scootaloo's past or the potential peace with the changelings or at least getting some more info on here.

Honestly dude I've read your posts before and I like and respect you but you shouldn't go around claiming things are " obvious " when there not and not giving ideas a chance .

Sorry, I'll develop then:

Scootaloo was introduced in season 1 (so a long time ago), it would be very surprising and disappointing if we find out she's actually a changeling. Nobody would like to learn that one of their favorite ponies is actually a changeling, and the writers are aware of that.

Why would a changeling do that anyway? Why would she spend so much time with 2 other ponies trying to find their cutie marks?

Changelings are fed with love, I don't think Scootaloo can find some in her everyday life.

Apparently, changelings are evil by nature, which isn't Scootaloo's case.

Edited by Blobulle

There really is no buildup or hint that she is a changeling at all. Honestly, nit only would it come as a shock, it would also be quite maddening. She's been going after her cutie mark for so long, and has had to endure bullying in regards to her inability to fly.

To essentially throw that away for the changeling angle would be quite disappointing; potentially even maddening, IMO.

Having a cutie mark or missing one doesn't mean anything. In "A Canterlot Wedding" the clone forms the Changeling grunts took of the Mane 6 had Cutie marks. That's part of their changeling ability. For Scootaloo to try so hard with the other CMC to go about doing things to find her talent to gain her mark would basically mean that she's obviously NOT a Changeling- since she clearly lacks the ability of a Changeling, to change her appearance- and cutie mark- at will. We've NEVER seen her feed off of love, in order to survive, and have seen her eating other forms of food in many instances.

• Brohoof 1

Well she may not know see is one . And cone on no species in "evil by nature ". That's kind of unfair toward changelings

OK. Incompatible with Ponies by nature is probably more appropriate. Also Scoots could not be a Changeling any more than Chrysalis could be Cadance

Oh come on how is it that people can say " if x can be x then any character could be x "?! She may not no anything about her past and as far changings being able to copy cutie marks she may not know how to do that.

Is the not knowing she is one part not teaching you guys ? It seems like you guys are forgettable that factor .

guys guys, scootaloo is a chicken

I doubt it because scootaloo doesn't feed off love... and trys to earn a cutie mark, instead of changing herself to have one... (she doesn't act suspicious at all either...

There has to be actual evidence for Scootaloo potentially being a Changeling. Otherwise it's far safer to assume Scootaloo is genuine filly.

I don't understand how Scootaloo's body shape (which is identical to other fillies) resembles that of a Changeling.

This sounds like really good fanfiction material, however this would break everything if it was done in the show. Inability to fly, not having a cutie mark, and having no known family do not necessarily suggest that she could be a changeling, or necessarily any non-pony that can pretend to be a pony. The first two can be believable aspects of a pony character if written correctly, and the latter is a simple oversight thanks to the show's practical writing style.

Such a revelation is completely out of the reach of MLP's writing. It would be too heavy of a story for MLP to handle and would be too much for the audience to handle, especially considering the show's targeted at kids.

If Scootaloo was a Changeling, she would be a defected Changeling who can't transform. If she could, then why doesn't she change to Rainbow Dash? If Scootaloo could turn into Rainbow Dash, she would do it. 

There is no evidence that Scootaloo is a changeling. 

I imagined that Rarity was a changeling (again, no evidence.) So you can imagine she was a changeling all you want. 

Though, if Scootaloo were a Changeling, wouldn't that have been mentioned when the CMC were captured by Chrysalis in the comics?

If Scootaloo was a Changeling, she would be a defected Changeling who can't transform. If she could, then why doesn't she change to Rainbow Dash? If Scootaloo could turn into Rainbow Dash, she would do it. 

There is no evidence that Scootaloo is a changeling. 

I imagined that Rarity was a changeling (again, no evidence.) So you can imagine she was a changeling all you want. 

Though, if Scootaloo were a Changeling, wouldn't that have been mentioned when the CMC were captured by Chrysalis in the comics?

Comics, though based off of show's canon, is not canon. Though there would be greater validity to MC's theory if it were mentioned.

I should get on reading those comics.

Well as far as body shape goes I fink its just the Symmetry and the wings .

guys guys, scootaloo is a chicken

I doubt it because scootaloo doesn't feed off love... and trys to earn a cutie mark, instead of changing herself to have one... (she doesn't act suspicious at all either...

she may not know she's one and prehsps her absolute obsession and bond with Dash may be a unknown source of love.

Good thoughts all around as far as for the cmc being captured other changeling hives could exist. But now that I think about it the writers couldn't do it anyway due to the story would be to deep for the main target audience. But that doesn't mean I can't use it in fanficion !

No I don't really think that is the case.

For the first 2 seasons Scootaloo was a flat, static character with no personality or emotional depth and was only there to complete the CMC trio, so during that time I could believe her being a changeling.

But now with episodes as great as Sleepless in Ponyville and especially Flight To The Finish I just can't see that being true at all.

Though it does make some good fanfic fuel and is a possible explanation for why we don't know any of her relatives, but personally I believe that she is adopted either that or her home in FTTF was a really well funded orphanage.

I'm not seeing it. If there were legitimate hints that she was a changeling then maybe I would tease the idea but none have been presented besides the lack of backstory she has and that her parents haven't made an on screen appearance.  

Meh, that would be a fun idea to play with but there is the consideration of shapeshifting magic that at would have to run out at one point or another. Scootaloo may have no marked family or known backstory but it maybe more logical that she is ether an orphan that just hangs out with her school friends or maybe she does have a family, but they just haven't been shown. I'll admit that she is a major enigma.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade

If her lack of a cutie mark makes her a changeling, I guess the other CMCs are changelings too!

Run for your lives!

I highly doubt she's a changeling. She's been around for so long, and she is such great friends with the CMC. It would really be a disappointment to find out she was a changeling the entire time. I could never see the writers taking that path, it doesn't really make sense.

• Brohoof 1