Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?

BritishBrony2012

Brony has a stigma yes but I still prefer the term brony. At this point it doesn't really have a defined meaning that should be used for a specific kind of member of the fandom as far as I know. This when poeple ask whether I am a brony when they see me with ponies on my phone or whatever I just nod and say yes I am a brony and don't complicate it.

I call myself a fan. I tried the word "brony" but I didn't really feel it. It sounds... pejorative to me.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm very conflicted over calling myself a brony.

As far as labeling goes, I personally don't mind this use of it, since I do feel kinda set apart from people who can't stomach MLP. I can't say I know very much about bronies calling each other bronies, (Having few, none actually, in the way of MLP friends). I certainly can't stand shoving ponies down other peoples throat, not preferring it myself. I don't mind ponyfing  things, it's certainly helped some artist friends of mine. As far as memorabilia goes, I prefer to own things that let MLP be an inside joke of sorts, and doesn't...flaunt my bronyhood. (I am a little embarrassed by all the hype bronies get, and am a little bit secretive about who knows and who doesn't). I've never really had anyone I could open up about MLP, so I'm sure how to handle socialization of that sort. 

Never really considered it before; to me there isn't really a big difference between Brony and a Fan of the show; so to me they're kinda interchangeable. I'd probably use Brony with people who are familiar with the meaning and a Fan if speaking to someone with little to no knowledge of the show.

• Brohoof 1

I normally call myself a fan, but that's because I'm boring at times. However, I will call myself a brony sometimes, and if someone asked me if I was a brony, I'd say, "Yes".

I also prefer to call myself a fan than a 'brony'. I don't see why this community would require a specific label. I do however accept the idea of people using this term to qualify themselves but I don't feel like using it to qualify myself.

Online, I call myself a Brony, but if the right person asked me in public, and pressed the matter, I would relent and say I'm a fan of the show, and have been since late 2012...

I consider myself a brony but depending on who I around I use the term fan of MLP when I know they won't understand the word brony lol

I'd rather we had a name that doesn't make it sound like we're all males, just because it would make sense, but it really doesn't matter honestly. Yes, I know that brony is bro+pony, but whatever. I call female fans of the show bronies too. I don't see the point in trying to separate male and female fans into two separate categories, and brony both sounds good and is what we're already known for, so just fuck it.

Male, female, we're all bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I call myself a brony, despite of that I'm female.

Why? Because I don't like how "pegasister" sounds, "brony" sounds so much better and I don't like the idea of separating the genders with specific names. 

Edited by darkwingmare