Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Child friendly Game of Thrones?!

ArcusPluviusIncitus

Hey guys you may or may not know that the peps up at netflix somehow got a "good" idea to make a Zelda tv series. I am a huge Zelda fan and would love to see a live action series of the game however we know from past mistakes that live action video game movies/tv shows don't go well (Cough Mario bros cough)

So the problem I have is how they are going to make it work, like is it going to be CGI crappy Gorons and Zoras or costumes and makeup?

will they make the story line? Will they use a games plot every season? For example Ocarina of time one season and Majora's mask another? What if they make a small mistake? Like a character seems different or they altered their personality? Who will hold back hordes of fanboys/girls going ape shit if they do?

How will they make Link's voice sound? Link like chell and gordon freeman is a silent protagonist so how will they approach his voice? Will they give him a voice? Would they make Link a mute or something? I would just imagine what would happen if they fuck it up..... three words " Excuse me princess!" fuck that game to Oblivion....o.o

Lastly is the way they described it. Netflix envisions the series as a child friendly Game of Thrones.......

Wtf?! With out gore, sex and bad language?! That is what Game of Thrones is about!

Look I am hopeful it will come out good. I am just sceptical....really sceptical

• Brohoof 1

@@ArcusPluviusIncitus,
I must say dont get your  hope too big.I'm not saying Netflix is bad at making this sort of things,but Legend of Zelda is simply a legend and i think no one can make the cartoon as good as this Legendary ,,Legend of Zelda,,.

How will they make Link's voice sound? Link like chell and gordon freeman is a silent protagonist so how will they approach his voice? Will they give him a voice? Would they make Link a mute or something?

They must give him voice if he is main antagonist,in games you are him you are his voice,just think about cartoon wit antagonist who move and do stuf and never say a word,but if ther is a group of antagonist it may work.

will they make the story line? Will they use a games plot every season? For example Ocarina of time one season and Majora's mask another?

In my opinion they can make this but in 3 season,frst season ocarina of time,second time in between,and 3th majora's mask.

• Brohoof 1

I think it could go pretty well, as long as you don't expect it to stay entirely true to the games.  :lol:

Even the idea of a fantasy, child-friendly series, unrelated to Zelda, could be a nice thing to watch. I think sometimes that genre is bogged down with a little too much lore and plot for kids to easily keep up with, and if they can manage a series that is familiar to the older crowd and reminds them of their childhood, it could be a nice family series.

I think it depends a lot on Netflix's intentions with the series...will they pander to the adult/young adult following of the existing series or just creating a new kid(ish) aged show with a familiar story?

I think the child-friendly Game of Thrones shtick could be very interesting as well. You take away the gore, sex, and language and it is still an amazing series, in my opinion. I just hope they don't try to emulate it much and create their own series.  :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Primordus

I know I shouldn't, I am really skeptical and really I kinda dread how it will turn out but I am somewhat hopeful too. But then again after nintendo help in making the abomination "Mario jumpman Mario da movie".. so they may think twice of making a live action adaptation.

But anyway I am hopeful in case it would turn out to be a glittering gem in a mountain of shit.  

@Nervous Stitch

Yeah I suppose they would try to appeal to a larger audience as well as keeping the lore to a minimum. 

I agree it would be still zelda as a child-friendly show but the problem I had was the comparison to Game of Thrones....

Edited by ArcusPluviusIncitus

Lastly is the way they described it. Netflix envisions the series as a child friendly Game of Thrones.......

But that's like.. Nothing to do with Zelda .-. Themings entirely different. Haven't really looked into it but I can't say I'm too confident for it >.<

Also just to say

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/23/8278933/nintendo-denies-zelda-netflix-series

Its possible that it was a mistake, although nothings fully confirmed yet.

• Brohoof 1

Hm, I have mixed feelings about that. I was dreading a tv show just in case it would be complete and utter shit like past live action adaptations of game but I was hoping it was true as well in case it would turn out to be a glittering gem in a mountain of shit. So I am happy but disappointed at the moment. Well let's just hope it is just him "redirecting" the question

Actually, Game of Thrones isn't about profanity, sex, and violence.  Yes, it's chock full of those things lol, but it's about the story and characters.  Supposedly.  And the characters dying left and right. xD  Really, going back to the source material, it's about George screwing with his audience; he's a rather sadistic author.

They probably ought not to have described the upcoming Zelda series that way.  If it's true to Zelda / does the source material some justice, it'll probably be worth watching.  And no: It wouldn't be able to accomplish that if it had Ganondorf pushing child Zelda out of a window in the first episode.  Or Tingle shelling out some rupees to a prostitute.  But GoT is a big name right now, and that name got dropped.  And then you created this topic.  And then another GoT character died unexpectedly.

Also, NOTHING this upcoming Zelda series can do will be as bad as those early live action interpretations of video games.  Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, and Street Fighter.  There's no way it could possibly compete.

• Brohoof 1

@@ArcusPluviusIncitus,

I think a lot of the mention is within the idea of Game of Thrones, rather than "this is GoT but with Zelda characters", y'know? Its a very popular fantasy series that a lot of people like a lot, so its an easy way to get some love. I think it's alike to saying you've created a dish that tastes like chocolate cake...even if it's only resemblance is the sweetness, who doesn't love cake? Immediately people get excited because it's already something they like, if that makes sense.

I wouldn't take the comparison too seriously...as I'm aware, the plot and characters and setting of Zelda is drastically different and really incomparable in a lot (most... :okiedokielokie: ) of ways to GoT.  

Personally I haven't really had a Netflix Original I didn't really like, though. Not a huge Zelda fan, but a little excited about this possibility!  :)

• Brohoof 1

Ziggy and Angelbaby

I don't know, the idea of tingle throwing Rupees at a prostitute is hilarious! That made my day!   :yay:

Tingle getting fellatio shouting "  Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah!" haha 

Anyway I suppose the story and characters is important but really if you took out the majority of profanity, would it still be the same Game of Thrones? Well of course not, most of the story's is based around profanity bare a few story arcs.

anyway do you happen to play guitar Ziggy? If so do you play it left hand?  :lol:

Nervous Stitch

Your argument is somewhat convincing, its true that a chocolate cake is still a chocolate cake no matter how you bake although it is chocolate cake (Fantasy) that does differ (Game of thrones and Zelda) from different tastes and textures.

• Brohoof 1

@@ArcusPluviusIncitus,

I think you're misunderstanding what makes Game of Thrones good, it's not sex, gore, and foul language that is it's heart that's just the surface details to wine and dine the majority audience. What makes Game of Thrones good is interesting characters, complex plots, and a well thought out world.

You can have all of that in the upcoming series given what Hyrule has to offer. The Kokiri, Zoras, the Sheikah, the Gerudo, . . . . whatever the Hell Yeta and Yeto were. On top of that we have various spirits with their own internal politics, time travel, the Triforce, the Sacred Realm. There's a lot you could do with this given a more narrative focus that can actually deviate from Link's perspective.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this and am greatly hopeful that I won't be disappointed.

child friendly Game of Thrones

This is a serious misnomer. There is no possible way to make a child-friendly Game of Thrones. They should focus on trying to create original, interesting content instead of trying to reenvision a patently adult series.