Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an accent?

darkwingmare

I am VERY fond of accents, I love each and every one of them, but especially British/Scottish ones.

What accent do you have?

What are your favorite accents aside from your own?

People tend to tell me that I have one, however, they can very rarely point out what kind of accent it is.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

Yeah I am sure everyone has an accent. For example I have an Irish accent, not the high pitch leprechaun accent but a...normal Irish accent? 

The accents I am fond of Northern Irish accents, Scottish and Polish accents.

Edited by ArcusPluviusIncitus

I have a 'European' accent, I guess.  :P

But I love french accents.  :wub:

Everyone has an accent xD
English here, not sure of the exact one >.<
Also for favourite accents I'm not really sure, guess the southern US accent is pretty neat.

I have a 'European' accent, I guess.  :P
But I love french accents.  :wub:

Literally the vaguest thing I've heard all day xD
Could be literally any accent >.<

Edit:

Although I guess 'English accent' is a bit vague as well xD I'm from Hertfordshire but theres quite a few accents  just in this county >.< 

Edited by Aleh

Everyone has an accent xD

English here, not sure of the exact one >.<

Literally the vaguest thing I've heard all day xD

Could be literally any accent >.<

That's what I've been told when I talk to people! XD

I guess I have a danish accent, then. Yeah, that makes more sense, lol.

(edited)

I suppose everyone has some kind of accent, so "Do you have an accent?" was badly put!

BUT, I'm thinking that a relatively neutral American accent is a way to speak without an accent. Clean and clear American, that most voice actors speak in for example. Like, Vic Mignogna or Christina Vee to take some known names.

I know that we have a way to speak in my country that we don't count as an accent. It's just.. Our language in it's cleanest form? I guess that's what I mean! It was still pretty badly put, though... I'm sorry.  :sunny:

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

everyone has an accent....

mine is a Southwestern American accent

I use to have a Hispanic accent back in my Junior High years.... but then it just faded away.... I can still talk in a Hispanic accent but I prefer not to  

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 2

I suppose everyone has some kind of accent, so "Do you have an accent?" was badly put!

BUT, I'm thinking that a relatively neutral American accent is a way to speak without an accent. Clean and clear American!

I know that we have a way to speak in my country, that doesn't count as an accent. It's just.. Our language in the cleanest form. I guess that's what I mean! It was still pretty badly put, though... I'm sorry.  :sunny:

Eh. General American is still an accent : P

Maybe not to Americans but anybody outside of it will notice

• Brohoof 1

I'm English, more specifically I'm from Yorkshire so I have a Yorkshire accent. For those of you who aren't British, my accent is not like the typical accent which you would think of.

This is a typical Yorkshire accent:

I do have better diction than the typical yorkshireman, for instance I pronounce my T's and say "cake" instead of "caaaake"

Because Yorkshire and Monty Python are both great, have a sketch:

• Brohoof 1

Eh. General American is still an accent : P

Maybe not to Americans but anybody outside of it will notice

I'm not from America, I'm from Europe and I'm aiming to be able to speak this "general American" accent without a problem. XD I can't hear much difference between general American accents, to be honest.. I guess that's why I can't hear my own flaw when it comes to speaking general American. I can only hear the difference between American accents when they sound like AppleJack, I guess. A little bit harsher? Listening to most MLP characters, I can't hear any difference, the only ponies out of the mane 6 that has an accent I can hear would be Rarity and Applejack, with her family included.  :please: I really can't hear a difference unless it's an accent that sticks out, like harsh Southern, British, Irish, Australian, etc. Perhaps I have a bad ear for these things.

All I'm wondering however, is what accent ya'll have, and which ones you like outside of your own.  :fluttershy:  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Brohoof 2

Guess my accent is Norwegian...I don't even feel like it's an accent, to me it just sounds like a Norwegian pretending to speak English  :lol:

People in Scandinavia are generally bad at english, haha  :P

(or atleast have EXTREMELY funny english accents)

Edited by Guest

X3 everypony has an accent.

Mine is a midwestern American accent (although, not a very thick one). We put heavy emphasis on vowels and tend to draw them out longer than other accents, especially if the vowel is towards the beginning of a word.

As for my favorite accents, I like British, Scottish, Russian, and Irish accents :3

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

People in Scandinavia are generally bad at english, haha  :P

(or atleast have EXTREMELY funny english accents)

Lol, you should hear my father...he has some employees from Poland, and when he speaks in English with them...it's so horrible  :lol: No grammatic patterns whatsoever. And when there's a word he doesn't know, he just makes up one  :yay:

My accent is Norwegian...I don't even feel like it's an accent, to me it just sounds like a Norwegian pretending to speak English  :lol:

Hello there, neighbor! XD Very close neighbor... I feel like I'm just pretending to speak English too... I have to make a lot of effort to get everything just right.

• Brohoof 1