Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an accent?

darkwingmare

Hello there, neighbor! XD Very close neighbor... I feel like I'm just pretending to speak English too... I have to make a lot of effort to get everything just right.

Cool man, you're Norwegian too?  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cool man, you're Norwegian too?  :squee:

I'm not Norwegian in particular..  :mustache:  I'm Swedish.. But I live very close to the country border. So, very close to Norway.  :please:

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

Well, a swedish accent.

Not all that noticeable though, unless I'm nervous (I've been mistaken for being british once or twice).

It also sort of depends on the person I am speaking with. I tend to copy accents quite a lot.

I'm not Norwegian in particular..  :mustache:  I'm Swedish.. But I live very close to the country boarder. So, very close to Norway.  :please:

Ah, I often go to Charlottenberg in Sweden to buy protein powder and stuff  ^_^ I live close to the border as well, in a town called Kongsvinger  :) a place nobody has heard of  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I'm not Norwegian in particular..  :mustache:  I'm Swedish.. But I live very close to the country boarder. So, very close to Norway.  :please:

Ah, I often go to Charlottenberg in Sweden to buy protein powder and stuff  ^_^ I live close to the border as well, in a town called Kongsvinger  :) a place nobody has heard of  :yay:

Yay, a scandinavian union. A swede, norwegian and dane.  :wub:

English teacher: "Your English is really good, you don't sound Italian when you do!"

My boyfriend (he's American, long distance relationships FTW!): "Your accent is so thick, it's cute!"

So...I may or may not have an accent. Depends on who you ask.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not from America, I'm from Europe and I'm aiming to be able to speak this "general American" accent without a problem. XD I can't hear much difference between general American accents, to be honest.. I guess that's why I can't hear my own flaw when it comes to speaking general American. I can only hear the difference between American accents when they sound like AppleJack, I guess. A little bit harsher? Listening to most MLP characters, I can't hear any difference, the only ponies out of the mane 6 that has an accent I can hear would be Rarity and Applejack, with her family included.  :please: I really can't hear a difference unless it's an accent that sticks out, like harsh Southern, British, Irish, Australian, etc. Perhaps I have a bad ear for these things.

All I'm wondering however, is what accent ya'll have, and which ones you like outside of your own.  :fluttershy:  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The general American accent you speak of, is an accent mainly found around Ohio, I think

• Brohoof 2

I have one of the many Irish accents. It's not like the sterotypical one that's in the media (that doesn't really exist) but rather similar to the Dublin accent. Think Cillian Murphy in "28 Days Later", or Collin Farrel/Brendan Gleeson in "In Bruges"

• Brohoof 2

BRITISH  :lol: 

Its quite a posh one actually

And I can lay it on reaaaaaly thick if I want to.

​My favorite accent is Scottish. 

Edited by bonamb

I don't think I really have an accent. I might have a little bit of an Icelandic (even though I'm Icelandic, I don't seem to have the general Icelandic accent) mixed with some British (since I went to a British school during my time in Belgium). So yea... I don't really know :T

• Brohoof 1

I live in Maine and have had many a tourist ask me why Mainers don't have the accent that they expect us to have (think every Stephen King movie). I do know some people who have a proper Maine accent, but it has been dying out over the past 40 years. I blame television and other mass media.

My favorite accent would probably be British.

I have an accent that is some sort of mix of Russian, stereotypical Brit, and Midwest American

Ok that sounds bloody amazing.

No idea how it'd sound but xD

I have an Irish accent. But it certainly isn't the stereotypical high-pitched Irish accent that's common in the American media (God, I fucking hate those accents. They're an absolute mockery of Irish people). My Irish accent would similar to that of Brendan Gleeson in In Bruges or Liam Neeson in Michael Collins

Edited by GrauWitz