Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on stuff?

FlutterSleep

I will counter that by saying GTA is actually a very great game if you think about it because now all these kids ate sitting around on the couch killing people unjustly in a video game... Instead of actually going out and performing said actions. Thus meaning GTA is actually a wholesome amazing game that everyone should play :) aits a great stress reliever to :P

Well, I believe GTA is a very distasteful game; and silly  :P BOOM! controversial opinion....whatcha gunna do?  B)

Agreed. Appeals to the worst aspects of human nature.

And that's speaking as someone who has enjoyed playing it a lot. It's not that it appeals to bad people, it's that it appeals to the bad aspects that all people share.

As for whether it lets people vent in a way that they would otherwise take out on people in the real world, does anyone know if researchers have looked at whether "venting" helps in situations like this? I'd be really curious to see, because I can see arguments for both sides there.

• Brohoof 1

Agreed. Appeals to the worst aspects of human nature.

And that's speaking as someone who has enjoyed playing it a lot. It's not that it appeals to bad people, it's that it appeals to the bad aspects that all people share.

As for whether it lets people vent in a way that they would otherwise take out on people in the real world, does anyone know if researchers have looked at whether "venting" helps in situations like this? I'd be really curious to see, because I can see arguments for both sides there.

I've had to vent on many occasions, but i do it outside my home so not to get a noise complaint.

Very good point indeed sir. But I'm sure it does help in a way. Unfortunately i t would only give said person more ideas on how to kill people but as long as there is a venting procedure such as turning on a ps3 throwing in GTA and taking all the anger out onto inanimate coding. Or without this and no venting type strategy know to said person other than GTA, without would probably lash out a lot more than he/she regular would and may actually try hurting an actual person instead of a fake computer generated person.

As for whether it lets people vent in a way that they would otherwise take out on people in the real world, does anyone know if researchers have looked at whether "venting" helps in situations like this?

I don't think that GTA is great for venting. I'd say that if you're venting, you should be playing a more light hearted, enjoyable game. I know it's still violent, but for example, Halo Reach custom games is great for venting. Just because it can get so silly  :P

• Brohoof 1

The point of venting though is to get all the anger out of your system, and playing a happy casual game would only make people more made case they may think "hey who he heck granted these guys all this happiness and whatnot" plus if you play a violent game after shooting probably 3 people And stealing 2 cars all the angers gone so in my opinion it would decipate but quicker than it would if it were a casual game..

Here's my question: does venting help by releasing pent-up frustration, or does it make things worse by causing you to focus on that frustration and linger in a negative mindset?

I've been in situations where one was the case and situations where the other was the case. What do you all think about the difference between the situations? When does it help and when does it harm?

Black, white, purple, and gold? Can't disagree with the quality of any of those. Grey's amazing, too. I don't know why I love that color so much.

Also, Def Leppard is awesome, as is their crazy amazing one-armed drummer.

Looks like we hit a bust on disagreements to work through!

Here are a few

South Park is a million times better then family guy

I like both new and old SpongeBob episodes ( bot the older ones are still better )

Diamond Tiara isn't " evil " like many fans claim she's just a filly with a attitude problem

The cmc also have their own attitude problems .

Fluuteshy is overrated

Discord isn't very intimidating as a villain ( he's stil awesome though )

Dash is a better protagonist villain then a pure genuine hero .

Hyenas own lions in every way

SP and SB are similar to MLP

Larfleeze is the best green lantern character

Diamond Tiara isn't " evil " like many fans claim she's just a filly with a attitude problem

Diamond tiara isn't evil, discord and sombra, for instance, a evil, as pure as it is possible to be.

That's why I'll write another opinion :

Pure evil is not to get rid of, the only way for happiness to exist is the presence of darker things. That being said, I respect Discord and Sombra as much as I respect the mane 6, they all play their role in the great balance of things.

Getting rid of the darkness means getting rid of happiness, joy. What does Joy mean in a world where darker thoughts don't exist ? What does being evil mean in a world where happiness doesn't exist ?

Edited by ConcorDisparate

Before Creation must come Destruction.

I dunno, I just wanted to put that for some reason.

Black and white are my favorite colors, of course during winter i wear all black and during summer all white.

Well, if you want to get technical, black and white aren't colors. Theyre shades and tints respectively.

Well, if you want to get technical, black and white aren't colors. Theyre shades and tints respectively.

I didn't think much about that, but maybe we could consider that some rules that apply to pure light shoudn't apply to our everyday stuff. For practical reasons. We would obviously complicate things uselessly by saying "I love the clothes that lack colors and are very shaded" or " I love it when my clothers are very, very, very tinted" :D .

It's both useless and confusing. By simplifying things, we make ourselves easier to understand and we don't focus on thinking about stuff that don't need to be thought of.

It's like defining every single word you use when you discuss with someone, it's great and all you know, you won't be misunderstood(it might be tough to even be understood though :lol: ), but it is so much easier and practical to simplify everything, you don't need to prove and demonstrate that every word you use follows the exact definition that it was originally given. You know what I mean ? :)

Edited by ConcorDisparate

MINE OPINIONS BE

mine

that's what they are

it is of my opinion that people should keep their opinions to themselves if it affects others in a negative fashion

(That therefore doesn't apply to this topic)

But she has yet to show any redeeming traits and therefore I will continue to middle finger and verbally curse at my monitor whenever she appears in show.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't think much about that, but maybe we could consider that some rules that apply to pure light shoudn't apply to our everyday stuff. For practical reasons. We would obviously complicate things uselessly by saying "I love the clothes that lack colors and are very shaded" or " I love it when my clothers are very, very, very tinted" :D .

It's both useless and confusing. By simplifying things, we make ourselves easier to understand and we don't focus on thinking about stuff that don't need to be thought of.

It's like defining every single word you use when you discuss with someone, it's great and all you know, you won't be misunderstood(it might be tough to even be understood though :lol: ), but it is so much easier and practical to simplify everything, you don't need to prove and demonstrate that every word you use follows the exact definition that it was originally given. You know what I mean ? :)

Well, shades and tints do apply to everyday stuff. Besides, the reason words exist is so we can use the exact definition correctly. Yes, it is useless to complicate things by explaining the definition of every word, but it's also dumb to not use those words correctly. Also, I do realize that not everything needs to be complicated, same thing applies for simplifying things. We can't simplify everything, nor should everything be so simple. Otherwise, what's the point in details if we're just going to ignore them?

EDIT: Shit, nevermind, black and white being colors is one of those questions where if you ask 2 different people, you'll get 2 different answers.

I'm more of a Galius Zed kind of guy myself. :3

img-3613786-1-1492196-04.gif

Hehe...It looks like Pac-Man grew an extra set of legs and joined the Green Lantern Corps in his 50s! Edited by Shenron00
  • Brohoof 1