Sidral Mundet

Star Trek or Star Wars  

71 users have voted

1. 1. Star Wars or Star Trek?

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars
    • Star what?
    • Both

The old school nerd debate stable, Star Trek or Star Wars? Which do you prefer? 

Star Wars edges just a hair ahead for me since I saw the Special Editions in theaters when I was 6 (7 maybe?) That being said most of my favoritism lies with the Original Trilogy.  The Prequels aren't god-awful like some say, but Star Trek TOS and TNG blow them away from my point of view. Also I have to admit I have not seen much of DS9 simply because nobody syndicates it so I've only seen the odd episode of it here or there, 

Edited by sidral159
  • Brohoof 2

I tried to get away ... but it pulls me back in!

Those that know me closely know I have created, owned, and Administrated Star Wars forums for most of my adult life. This was one of the constant topics and debates in all of them. I am usually not known here for taking sides in debates. You would think that I would be the type to say, "I like them equally." 

Yeah, no. I place Star Wars higher than every other franchise, including Pony. While I am a Trekkie and love it to death ... no with all the intensity of a howling Krayt. Star Wars is my childhood. As we approach the new films you will all get to see that side of me a little better. I am a Star Wars fan ... like my my father before me. 

*tosses lightsaber off to the side and stand before you all ready to face my destiny

• Brohoof 4

I have never seen much of Star Trek, but I love Star Wars! Episode I is the film I saw the most times in the cinema. :lol:

star wars... ive been loving it ever since I was like 7? im not much of a trekkie though.....

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1

I have always wanted to be a sith lord. I like the idea of the force a lot more than some federation. Just think of how boring life would be for anyone not on the bridge. Plus, I guarrentee you that weeks or months go by inbetween each episode of nothing happening. Some probably have nothing going on. Star wars world is more dynamic and with a lot more to do!

• Brohoof 2

oh man... this thread.... 

time%20come_zpsxxogmm7q.jpg

Trekkie for life!  grew up with Star Trek Voyager, still the best.  Star wars is fun, but still prefer Trek over it.  While you can't compare them storywise (as they are two different things), i'll compare the technology any day!!!  

• Brohoof 4

My vote goes to Star Trek.

I've not seen lots of Star Trek, but I've seen TNG series and I always rather liked that.

As for Star Wars, I always thought it was depressing and boring. Tried to get into it and get the hype but I just can't, it's a boring soap opera set in space.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not a huge fan of either but I prefer Star Wars just because I'm much more familiar with it and i'm more familiar with the characters, find the world more interesting, and seen a few movies. I don't think I've ever seen Star Trek but I can easily recognize Spock.

• Brohoof 2

While I grew up with TNG and DS9, I love both equally as they are legends within the realm of sci-fi and should be appreciated as such. :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm fonder of Star Trek.  The captains are bold, capable explorers navigating a vast starlit ocean; that simply appeals to me more.  And, while James T. Kirk wasn't shy about busting out his creative martial arts moves, the captains would often outsmart / outmaneuver their opponents for the sake of their ship and crew.  The original Star Trek series and the associated films are my faves.

• Brohoof 7

oh man... this thread.... 

img-3616824-1-time%20come_zpsxxogmm7q.jp

Trekkie for life!  grew up with Star Trek Voyager, still the best.  Star wars is fun, but still prefer Trek over it.  While you can't compare them storywise (as they are two different things), i'll compare the technology any day!!!

"Tuvok, fire the Transphasic Torpedoes!" </Capt. Janeway>

• Brohoof 4

Hmm Split ticket so far.  As to be expected.  :)

Star Trek any day. It's really just... better. More realistic future certainly, I guess. (Picard is better than Kirk, just saying :P...)

*cough*Kirkisbestcaptain*cough*  ;)

*tosses lightsaber off to the side...*

MINE! *dives for it*

• Brohoof 1

Picard is better than Kirk,

I love getting asked that ultimate Star Trek question!  

Who is better?  Kirk or Picard?     ANSWER = Janeway!!

• Brohoof 3

I love getting asked that ultimate Star Trek question!  

Who is better?  Kirk or Picard?     ANSWER = Janeway!!

Janeway does try to be diplomatic when she can, but when someone threatens her ship or her crew, she goes full Mama Bear and don't take no *yay* from nobody!
  • Brohoof 3

Janeway does try to be diplomatic when she can, but when someone threatens her ship or her crew, she goes full Mama Bear and don't take no *yay* from nobody!

that's why she's awesome!  cowboy like kirk, diplomat like picard, anger issues like sisko, and mother to her crew on top of it all!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

that's why she's awesome!  cowboy like kirk, diplomat like picard, anger issues like sisko, and mother to her crew on top of it all!

And completely ignores Archer, like the rest of us  :P

(Kirk is still best BTW!  ;) )

Edited by sidral159
  • Brohoof 1

And complete ignores Archer, like the rest of us 

EntShow2_zps7ca41aa8.jpg 

IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!    Archer is a buffoon, and all the continuity got messed up.  you know, like the star wars prequels!

• Brohoof 2

You know what? I am sick of hearing this debate time and time again and people bashing each other over trivial things. So I will just say that I won't vote because there is no option to pick both.... :(

My dad and I used to watch the old star wars trilogy tapes we had and we do this every two or three weeks. I sat beside him with my fruit salad warped up in a blanket, god times. 

I never was much of a Star Trek fan, although my dad was a huge trekkie and tried to get me into it so we could have our movie nights  just like Star wars but I never got interested, I was 7 at the time. 

But! But, when I was older ( Around 14,15) I was flicking through the channels and a rerun of the original series was on and I though why not? I actually genuinely enjoyed it. 

I think there is an age were you should watch Star Trek, which is more about a diplomatic and thought provoking stories. I am not saying star wars is not thought provoking, far from it, It just Star Trek is more scientific and has actual science to back it up AND has attributed more to the world then Star War which is science fiction. Star Trek is more so Science Fact.

Edited by ArcusPluviusIncitus
  • Brohoof 3