Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Sugar Pea

:grin2: It could be anything!
  :wacko:
The weirdest thing I've ever eaten was an octopus tentacle. Very rubbery!

Edited by snickerdoodle
  • Brohoof 4

I attempted to eat a rock

that's what I did :blush:...

I accually ate sand before.... I don't know what I was thinking when I did ._.

• Brohoof 2

Weirdest thing? Eh, a bunch of toxic chemicals that absolutely stupid people sometimes call fast food. I constantly wonder how people can like "food" that they know is toxic to their well being. Even with all the joking beside, I still say the wierdest thing is anything that isn't natural. Not good enough for you? Alright...purple potatoes and pink salt. But they aren't wierd, just naturally yummy.

• Brohoof 1

I remember back in 5th grade my friends and I would wander around the fields outside the playground to search for grasshoppers or crickets. Whenever we found these poor little creatures, we would tear their heads off and eat them. It was a scary ritual when I think about it.

I spent a couple of years in Romania.  I had plenty of weird things to eat while I was there.  A couple of the weirdest things, however, would have to be cow stomach soup, and a type of meat jello. Neither of them were very good.

I had dried squid jerky when I was in Japan. I was at a fireworks festival, sitting with a group of local people who spoke next to no English. (We'd arrived on the same little bus from a town an hours drive away.) They kept feeding me all the local snack foods they'd bought with them, and I didn't want to appear rude so when they offered me the squid, well... I took a nibble. Then a bite. Then a bigger bite or several. And then I asked for more, because it turned out that stuff is seriously delicious! (It's too bad I can't find it back in Australia.)

I think they were quite impressed, they probably expected me to chicken out.  :P

Japan also has awesome things like grape flavoured soft-serve ice cream, and a cold, sweet red-bean soup. Though that's not so much weird as it is just unusual by western standards.

... a fly. Unintentionally mind you, it flew into my mouth. 

I will never sleep with my mouth open again.  :okiedokielokie:

Worst part is, I swallowed before I realized a fly was buzzing around in my mouth. Not sure if this counts as 'eating', but I guess you could call it force fed... the fly force fed itself into me. :blink:  

Edited by Crimsonn

I've eaten frog legs before. They were... okay. I sorta forget what they taste like :huh:

I've eaten octopus sushi before; it was rubbery and didn't taste like much. :wacko:

I also like to eat snails (escargot) whenever I can :nom:

I've never eaten bugs before though :eww:

I have eaten octopus: pretty nice

I have eaten scorpion: crunchy but not nice

I have eaten sheep brains: didn't taste of much

That's probably the weirdest stuff I've eaten. I don't even see octopus as being strange food anymore, though. It's just good food!

Oh yes, I actually enjoy the taste of charcoal dog biscuits. They're not a bad snack.

• Brohoof 1