Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Speed Sketch

LiraCrown

It's not a pretty sketch but I wanted to practice a new character and I have never tried to do sketches quickly, so I gave myself about 1 minute and this is what I managed. I was pretty satisfied considering I generally take a lot longer to do my messy sketches.

cheerilee_quick_sketch_by_liracrown-d8no

If you can manage to tell who it is without my saying (I feel confident someone will be able to quite quickly) then mission accomplished.

I lined it with black ink after (Which I also tried to do in one pass, compared to my normal scribbly lines), that can be seen here.

• Brohoof 2

Wow that looks really cool :) . Is this Cheerilee?  :blink:

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

You seem to have the basic anatomy of a pony down, which is impressive to show in just a small sketch. I can't do a full review of it until I see the finished product, so please link me to the art when it is ready!

Edited by Finesthour
  • Brohoof 1

Wow that looks really cool :) . Is this Cheerilee?  :blink:

Indeed it is 

You seem to have the basic anatomy of a pony down, which is impressive to show in just a small sketch. I can't do a full review of it until I see the finished product, so please link me to the art when it is ready!

I wasn't sure if I was going to take this particular sketch to digital, just wanted to practice her cause she was going to be in a project I was going to do soon, hopefully in the next few days assuming I don't get absolutely swamped with schoolwork this week. But in saying that I may go ahead and do the digital work on this just cause it is so simple, and I need the practise.

I don't recall if you have seen some of the past stuff I have posted here or not. But all I have had time to do recently is my Mane Stics series and occasionally a Trixiecraft.

• Brohoof 2

I don't recall if you have seen some of the past stuff I have posted here or not. But all I have had time to do recently is my Mane Stics series and occasionally a Trixiecraft.

Would you mind linking a few to me? I'd love to see the reach of your work.

• Brohoof 1

Would you mind linking a few to me? I'd love to see the reach of your work.

Ya no problem.

This was actually one of my first, and one of my most popular

The First Trixiecraft

One of my most detailed

One of my personal favorites

This, cause the Zelda series has to slip in there sometime

And the original Mane Stick concept piece.

I have only been playing with art for a little over a month now and I have enjoyed playing with various styles. I'm just starting to feel like I am developing my own personal style, just wish I had more time to put into it recently.

• Brohoof 1

One of my most detailed

I have only been playing with art for a little over a month now and I have enjoyed playing with various styles. I'm just starting to feel like I am developing my own personal style, just wish I had more time to put into it recently.

This one. Like, woah.

dash_and_tank_rest___final_by_liracrown-

I'm honestly truly amazed at this. Your shading, your color choice. It's just fascinating. The only thing that sort of bothers me is how sharp her bangs are, but it's literally a tiny thing I didn't even notice at first. You should be proud of your talent.

• Brohoof 1

This one. Like, woah.

dash_and_tank_rest___final_by_liracrown-

I'm honestly truly amazed at this. Your shading, your color choice. It's just fascinating. The only thing that sort of bothers me is how sharp her bangs are, but it's literally a tiny thing I didn't even notice at first. You should be proud of your talent.

Thanks, thats fantastic to hear, I really was quite proud with how that one came out. But to call it talent, I like to think it is more of a developed skill, because it didn't come totally naturally haha. Recently it has felt pretty hit or miss though, but I think it's just cause I don't have the 10 hours to sink into it a day like I did at the start (There was a lot of snow =D) so I have been playing more with simplistic styles, which have been fun to do, save time and allow me to play with new techniques, the downside is they feel less like finished products.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, thats fantastic to hear, I really was quite proud with how that one came out. But to call it talent, I like to think it is more of a developed skill, because it didn't come totally naturally haha. Recently it has felt pretty hit or miss though, but I think it's just cause I don't have the 10 hours to sink into it a day like I did at the start (There was a lot of snow =D) so I have been playing more with simplistic styles, which have been fun to do, save time and allow me to play with new techniques, the downside is they feel less like finished products.

Well, "art" is truly subjective. While you may think it's a "miss", it could actually be amazing to another. Simplistic styles are always fun, it doesn't take away from your style at all. Each artist has their own fun little quirk that shows off who they are.

• Brohoof 1

Well, "art" is truly subjective. While you may think it's a "miss", it could actually be amazing to another. Simplistic styles are always fun, it doesn't take away from your style at all. Each artist has their own fun little quirk that shows off who they are.

Oh ya I definitely agree! The Mane Sticks, for example, has been far more popular then I would have expected, it is is about as simple is it can get (I can have a 10 panel comic out in an hour or less). I have had a ton of fun with them too. But, I would really not like to stray too far from more detailed styles, I really want to improve with they type of art as well.

• Brohoof 1

Oh ya I definitely agree! The Mane Sticks, for example, has been far more popular then I would have expected, it is is about as simple is it can get (I can have a 10 panel comic out in an hour or less). I have had a ton of fun with them too. But, I would really not like to stray too far from more detailed styles, I really want to improve with they type of art as well.

Of course, I understand. But it's all according to you what you do. Don't ever let anyone else tell you how or what to draw, you just do what you feel is right and what looks right.

You got the talent, and you 100% let it out. I'm excited to see how you grow as an artist.

• Brohoof 1

That looks awesome for taking only 1 minute!

Yea, it may be scribbly, but most of my sketches are very messy too xD Nothing wrong with that! As long as it literally isn't just a ball of scribbles, y'know? xD

Keep it up~!

• Brohoof 1

That looks awesome for taking only 1 minute!

Yea, it may be scribbly, but most of my sketches are very messy too xD Nothing wrong with that! As long as it literally isn't just a ball of scribbles, y'know? xD

Keep it up~!

This comment actually gave me a great Idea for a new project to do  :pinkie:

Thanks.