Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna - the Dark Descent

Plume

Doubt is a seed, and, once planted in the heart, it takes root quickly. It grows by feeding off every emotion - sadness, anger, loss, even happiness, until it grows into something far more sinister.

Hello! So, long time no see all of you! And long time no pony art for me ^^' But yesterday I suddenly got a load of inspiration, so I channeled it into another Luna art, this time focusing on her transformation into Nightmare Moon. It was so confusing to draw I'm not sure if the stylistic choice I made even makes any sense, but I didn't want to do the back to back thing so... Yea, it just sort of happened. 

Please help I don't know what I'm doing with my life Critiques and reviews are greatly appreciated.

JIaaXmp.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Doubt is a seed, and, once planted in the heart, it takes root quickly. It grows by feeding off every emotion - sadness, anger, loss, even happiness, until it grows into something far more sinister.

Hello! So, long time no see all of you! And long time no pony art for me ^^' But yesterday I suddenly got a load of inspiration, so I channeled it into another Luna art, this time focusing on her transformation into Nightmare Moon. It was so confusing to draw I'm not sure if the stylistic choice I made even makes any sense, but I didn't want to do the back to back thing so... Yea, it just sort of happened. 

Please help I don't know what I'm doing with my life Critiques and reviews are greatly appreciated.

JIaaXmp.jpg

I think going over your art once you're happy with the current lines would help bring the character to life on the page. I dislike flatness on art, it turns off the sense for me. Obviously this is done in a sketchbook however, so it isn't even close to a problem :P

Before I get into what I like, I want to comment on the rain. If I'm understanding the symbolism correctly, the rain passing by her body is showing her descending into the madness of her mind. While I enjoy this greatly, the drops are simply too big. They seem very abnormal, which just throws me off. The focus of the drawing should still be Luna, especially as you're showing her "go crazy."

Besides all of that, this is really good for a sketch. I think with some tuning up, it could potentially get even better. Good work on this!

When I saw the name "Dark Descent" I thought of a something else...  ;)

I like it, how you show both Luna and Nightmare Moon as being the one and same pony :) . Good job  :lol: