Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Computer Help!?

SteamyPancakes

So I built a computer earlier in march, and the CPU temp is 40 to 87 degrees Celsius. Its an i7 4790k oced to 4.6ghz. I'm using the stock cooler and no GPU but intel hd atm. Is this okay? I'm gonna buy a cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU cooler soon but I wanna know if the temp is okay.

Ehh... I'd say no- I get kinda worried when my temp get over 50.. I'd say it's ok until 60C. So play your games on low quality and keep an eye on the temp while you do.

The cooler will help but it's getting so hot because you don't have a GPU, If you're a hardcore gamer, that's putting a lot of stress on the CPU, Which is why it's getting so hot I think.

87 is really quite hot. I know these things are supposed to be safe until 105 or so but it's best not to push it. An overclocked CPU which has to take on all the tasks a GPU would normally do as well will probably not have a very long life. I'd suggest putting in a good graphics card and a cooler ASAP. If you intend to use the stock cooler, at least reduce the clock speed back to its factory settings and as said before, play games on low settings.