Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Rainbow Rocks Shorts

ThatOneComrade

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl88FPaxwEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTef5Iqe0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMmOV8N4Aw

So Hasbro uploaded these today and I haven't seen any threads about it, so I figured, "why not share with everyone else?" What do you guys think about them? Do you like the animation? Personally I prefer Rarity's.

Edited by Pokekid543
  • Brohoof 12

They're all pretty decently made songs.

The Rarity one has got the best sight gags.

The friendship one has got the best music variety and message.

The Sunset one has got the freaking best animation.  :wub: 

• Brohoof 4

I'm amazed to see how far Sunset Shimmer has come after being one of the most neutral characters in the show to being quite liked among the fans. Obviously this isn't an april fools joke especially since these guys like to pull pranks every year.

I don't really know what to say, but I'm looking forward to the next content! ^_^

• Brohoof 4

*sniffles* So proud of you Sunset...

Really though, these were all awesome. Not the best songs of RR by any means, but I'm glad we get to hear them.

Also I know I've heard the lyrics to Friendship Through the Ages somewhere... but I can't for the life of me remember where...

• Brohoof 2

The character designs and animation in those shorts are so good! :D Particularly, Rainbow and Twilight's outfits in Friendship Through The Ages. But they were all good designs.They're definitely my favorite shorts to come out of Rainbow Rocks so far. :)

That Bohemian Rhapsody reference too.

• Brohoof 2

Omg these are so awesome  :wub:

I also watch Rarity's video and cant help but think the creators of MLP have a much better concept of Fashion compared to the "fashion" you see walking down runways now a days.

I'm a straight male and I loved Rarity's creations :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So these are all amazingly well done. And well after the movie too. Makes me wonder why they're released now of all times... But that's a whole other discussion.

Love them all so far. All the animation, the designs, and especially the music are so darn high quality. Sunset's was especially moving.

All I ask now is that we get some Dazzlings ones. Or at least an Adagio one. Please Lord, let it happen!

Also, I hope these show up on iTunes at some point, despite their lengths. I'd love to by them.

This is by far the coolest thing I've seen all week:

post-18729-0-71424600-1427875638_thumb.png

Edited by takai
  • Brohoof 3

Wow, those looked amazing. I really liked the first one. The second one is kinda meh to me, but still, good to see Sunset once in a while. 

(edited)

>Rarity's glasses in Friendship Through the Ages

Nooope. Nope, nope, nope. Don't try to be Elton John, Rares, it really doesn't suit you.

I do like that they used the dress from the clothing swap scene in RR...or maybe that was a holdover from the sequence in the storyboard where "FTA" would've been cut from? Though I can't think of where any of these would fit in the movie in its current state without feeling shoehorned in.

This is total conjecture but it seems almost all of these were probably cut relatively early in development, maybe before the Sirens were thought of, (unless that was a concept from the start; again, conjecture) but it defies belief that they'd record songs before even finalizing the storyboard first, so it could also have been a late cut instead of an early one. But then, that implies that the Sirens were a quick change they implemented to give it a villain focus instead of what seems to be a "Sunset's internal struggle" focus-which would have been amazing, but probably wouldn't have made for quite as compelling a movie nor a good theatrical release.

A movie focusing on Sunset's struggle to reform and fit into her new lifestyle would also dig into some rather heavy subjects; ones likely too "deep" for a kids' show or movie.

It'd be very interesting indeed to get an in-depth look at the thought process and progression of ideas behind this movie's inception, to see just how much it changed from its original draft. Given the number of unused songs and how far they deviate from the final product's general theme, it would imply there were a lot of changes indeed.

Or, these songs could've been recorded after the fact specifically for Hasbro's Shorts channel and all of what I've said is utterly useless, but that seems extremely unlikely for a corporately-minded company like Hasbro to do, since it implies a pittance of returns for a relatively large investment of VAs, animation, writing, etc.

Then again, even if these were cut early on like I said, they'd almost certainly only be animatics at that stage, so clearly a lot of work was put into the animation specially for its YT release instead of just releasing the raw animatics themselves.

Honestly, this could have happened either way, or it could be a completely different third explanation that I'm not seeing.

---

Well, that got slightly off-topic, I feel.

I like pretty much everything about their outfits was good, aside from Rarity and Pinkie's glasses-though the former are much worse than the latter. Sunset, AJ, and Flutters had by far the best ensembles.

Edited by RCTM
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks to Hasbro Studios Shorts, there are 3 new Rainbow Rocks songs in music videos since 9 hours ago: Life is a Runway, My Past is Not Today, and Friendship Through the Ages. That's excellent news and Sunset Shimmer was excellent too! :D

@, The "Friendship Through The Ages" video is showcasing the "Rockin' Hairstyles" Dolls. (Pics below) So maybe that's why the release. XD

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=equestria+girls+rockin+hairstyles+dolls&biw=1366&bih=631&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MuEbVceIB4u6UYGNgLgJ&ved=0CDUQsAQ

"My past is not today" further establishes Sunset Shimmer's character. She was fully aware of her mistakes and wrongdoings in the past, but then she was reborn, and ready to soar to the new heights with the power/magic of friendship. I think the crew definitely deserves a medal for making this song some people say that the shorts is nothing but a commercial for toys.

• Brohoof 1

That Sunset vid...that was seriously moving, and the animation overall on all three were particularly good. I actually can't wait to see even better animation in EqG3. ^^

Saying that there was some heavy Twilight x Sunset shipping going on. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Saying that there was some heavy Twilight x Sunset shipping going on. :P

If you couldn't tell by my new signature I was thinking the same exact thing...

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 2

If you couldn't tell by my new signature I was thinking the same exact thing...

Oh, I saw that. I figured there were others thinking the same. ;)

Amazing songs the 3 of them. My favorite though, is Sunny's My Past is not Today, as it adresses her dark past to make room for more development  :yay: ... not to mention her super saiyan transformation  :wub: .

I'm curious why they show them just now, and why they still have the Rainbow Rocks label, are those unreleased songs they decided to show us now? Or they still were made recently? Regardless, they are good ways to promote the upcoming S5  :P

• Brohoof 1