Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Rainbow Rocks Shorts

ThatOneComrade

I saw these released on EQD and I am surprised that his are actually songs and not just one big April's Fools joke.

While they aren't RR's best songs they all are actually pretty enjoyable.

It is hard for me to pick a favorite between them but I really enjoyed the Rarity one and Friendship Is Through The Ages the most.

The Sunset Shimmer one was actually pretty nice and had some great animation, particularly when she gets her fire wings (and since she has those in her Rainbow Rocks doll, I'm pretty sure that this song and wings were a dropped concept from the movie.

Rarity's one had some great visuals with all of the different dresses and clothes and had a fun atmosphere that reminds me a bit of the Littlest Pet Shop Fire Hydrant Song on Hasbro's Shorts youtube page.

Lastly the Friendship Is Through The Ages also felt like it could have been in the movie.  It was fun seeing some different types of music represented by each of the humane 6 and their friendship, especially this helped show their friendship with Sunset Shimmer.

Also the special outfits that the characters wore in the shorts were actually pretty good and I hope to see some fan art of that soon.

• Brohoof 1

These songs are so great lmfao. Now I'm even more pumped to hear what season 5 songs are around the corner. :muffins:

I love Sunsets and the Friendship one. Raritys is good too, but it wasn't one I would likely replay over and over.

I've looked on discussions everywhere on these shorts, and still, I haven't seen anyone mention Sunset Shimmer's skin color being more yellow in these. Am I the only one that's noticed, or does no one give a crap but me? Seriously, I want to know what's up with her skin being darker/more yellow in these shorts in comparison to the movies/everything else. I'm really hoping her skin doesn't stay like that in Equestria Girls 3. I don't have a problem with the Equestria Girl skin colors at all, in fact I like them, but I like myself some consistency here.

post-24967-0-02918000-1427934733_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

I really enjoyed these shorts especially the Pinkie Pie part in the friendship one. That's my kinda music. Oh and the Rarity one, I love the whole vibe and fashionista message of that tune. The Sunset Shimmer one kinda hit me in the feels because I could relate. Being a bit of a baddy then making a turnaround requires quite the bit of work. THE FEELS MAN!

I've looked on discussions everywhere on these shorts, and still, I haven't seen anyone mention Sunset Shimmer's skin color being more yellow in these. Am I the only one that's noticed, or does no one give a crap but me? Seriously, I want to know what's up with her skin being darker/more yellow in these shorts in comparison to the movies/everything else. I'm really hoping her skin doesn't stay like that in Equestria Girls 3. I don't have a problem with the Equestria Girl skin colors at all, in fact I like them, but I like myself some consistency here.

attachicon.gifHer skin color changed I'm telling you!.png

I noticed too, but I thought it was her hair. I think her hair seems lighter, not the skin. But I personally am totally digging lighter sunset shimmer!

I really like the references that were made in Music Through the Ages. Rarity truly has a passion for fashion. I wonder if any of the other girls are going to get their individual songs....

In the friendship one, at one point there was a horse... that looked nothing like equestrian ponies... that's interesting... Nevertheless, these were awesome vids, especially life is a runway.

They re-uploaded them. Don't know why they had to.

Yeah, I just came here to post that myself. The only difference I can spot is that they've repeated videos at the end for the annotations.

God dammit. I loved how many views the Sunset Shimmer one got, now we have to start all over again. This is some bullshit.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, thanks for posting links to the alternate videos.

Finally got to see em, thanks to you.

After watching Life is a Runway,

I had to make this captioned screenshot...

Derpy_Best_T_Shirt_Ever.png

Sorrie... Couldn't resist! :derp:

Friendship Through The Ages had such a beautiful message.. Nothing lasts forever and there may be a time when the mane seven will drift apart to follow their own aspirations, with only their friendship being certain.. It's something the main show hasn't tackled, but it's expected in the equestria girls universe if it's anything like our own.

My only wish was that it was given the full 3 minutes instead of 2, but otherwise it's my favorite song!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love that Equestria Girls has released 3 songs following Rainbow Rocks, my favorite songs are Friendship Through The Ages and My Past Is Not Today. I love the messages the songs tell and the overall outfits and musical beats. Hope the series releases more new songs!

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 1

I like all of them to be honest, its hard to pick a favorite. I do have to say, i like the direction hasbro has went with sunset shimmer. Goes to show that anyone can turn around and start anew. There is no too far gone and should always be a second chance! Way to go sunset.

So far I've seen My Past is Not Today and Life is a Runway. I really liked My Past is not Today, it has a great message and was surprisingly good. I didn't care for Runway. I'll have to watch Friendship Through the Ages some other time when I'm not as lazy. :P

All three songs are great IMHO. Life is a Runway has absolutely nothing to do with any of the sub-plots or themes of the movie, so I can see why it was cut. I still like it though as it's essentially Rarity in a nutshell, and has a good tune. That and Derpy is in a scenario where her clumsiness isn't shown, despite runways being one of the worst places for a clutz like her.

It seems like I gain a new appreciation for Sunset Shimmer every time she's shown. I actually think My Past is Not Today works well as a follow up to Rainbow Rocks, since she struggled with her past throughout the film and the Dazzlings even said that she could never live it down. It almost makes more sense for it to follow her decision to step forward and cast aside her past to confront the Dazzlings and help her friends.

The last one is a catchy tune, and I would have liked to have seen it make its way into the movie. It is a great character moment too as it showcases the mane six teaching Sunset Shimmer about friendship. I hope all three shorts end up as extras on the Blu-Ray/DVD for the next film.

I liked the new songs except the Rarity one, it was nice to see that she had her own song, but I didn't really like it.Also I didn't really like Pinkies verse in the friendship through the ages song as it felt kind of forced...

but sunset shimmer was on a hose so im ok with any flaws with any of the videos.XD