Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'A Friend for life' - underrated?

Zoraxe

(edited)

I found this MLP song really good, but I had completely forgotten about it until recently. And when MLP songs are ever discussed this song never pops up. Is this song forgotten about by Bronies?

Is it because it was the credits song to the first MLP movie, a movie that is generally seen by many as either 'bad' or 'just OK'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdNXSONq9O0

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 3

Is this song forgotten about by Bronies?

I never forgot about it.  I let the credits roll just to hear it when I watched the movie, and I've seen it probably 3 or 4 times.  I really like this song  :) 

~ Miles

(edited)

I actually like it but personally like the smile song I prefer remixes of it over the original.

Seriously, this remix helped me appreciate the song better:

Although the regular song still is pretty good.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I actually really really liked that song :). It was quite touching. Probably very underrated

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 2

I think that song is WAY underrated. I think it's one of if not the best song in the while movie. It has a nice beat and great lyrics to go along with it in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that song. What was it from, the credits?

Now that I listen to it again and listen to it fully, it is quite good. Definitely underrated!

(edited)

I actually like it but personally like the smile song I prefer remixes of it over the original.

Seriously, this remix helped me appreciate the song better:

Although the regular song still is pretty good.

I agree... the originals are good with friends and sing-a-longs, but the remixes are always amazing (probably the only reason why I like 'Bats').

But overall, I never forgot this song.  I'd rate it the same as Pineapple, the best after the 'Cafeteria Song'.  I couldn't tell you how many times it has brought me out of a bad mood.

Edited by SnuggleTrumpet

I completely agree, it's an underrated tune. Besides Helping Twilight Win the Crown, it was my favorite song in the entire movie.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

It is the song from the first Equestria Girls Movie with greater emotions and nostalgic feelings.

Daniel Ingram wrote with the same "spirit" than Celestia´s Ballad; but from the "humane five" to their new friend Twilight Sparkle.

The song was performed by Jerrica Santos [not Rebeca Soichet]:

https://twitter.com/dannyimusic/status/402108194970808320

The best Remix of this song is the one made by FLAEDR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPZhvdTlJk

It is so good that you can play it out loud everywhere without anyone guessing it is an MLP song.

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I guess it is fine, but I don't very much care for the EG movies because I just don't care for the human versions vs. the ponies.... I've seen both movies I just don't like them...

EDIT: Also, it is just quoting one friend and not all of them just saying...

Edited by Kivil

A friend for life is probably my favorite song out of the entire series, i listen to it while doing chores, or if i cant listen to it, i hum it all the time

• 3 weeks later...