Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This has been bothering me for a while

Happy Spark is King

Ok so i need to know if this is just me or does anyone else agree that they are not happy that nearly all the equestria girls human ponies all have skirts on. Like did hasbro not want each charachter to have a distinct type of dress to fit their character. I mean its cute and all but they all have skirts. This bothers me so much and i wish they would add some fashion into the characters. At least in the mane six :D

post-30620-0-94627500-1428033202.jpg

• Brohoof 4

You make a good point actually. I was wondering why Rainbow Dash and applejack are wearing skirts when they are both tomboys. 

Well, I agree for AJ's part. But, remember she's a country girl. She would wear like jean shorts or something as well as blue pants and not really a skirt... though on occasions I wouldn't see why not :3

For Rainbow, she seems to be more fit for pants as well, but a skirt as well.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

You're definitely not the only one bothered by that. The fact that they all wear skirts is a pretty common complaint surrounding the EQG designs.

Personally I don't really care(though I do find it silly that some argue that RD and AJ aren't allowed to wear skirts merely because they're tomboys)

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

You're definitely not the only one bothered by that. The fact that they all wear skirts is a pretty common complaint surrounding the EQG designs.

Personally I don't really care(though I do find it silly that some argue that RD and AJ aren't allowed to wear skirts merely because they're tomboys)

Ya I don't care that they all wear skirts either, but the one thing that was sort of strange was RD and Twilight playing soccer in a skirt lol.

Everyone knows you can't do that :P

Edited by Screw Loose
  • Brohoof 2

While I can see where you're coming, just because a character is seen as a tomboy, country girl, or what-not doesn't mean they wouldn't like to wear skirts most of the time. Really, with humans being the complex creatures they are, one set of clothes isn't going to automatically go with a certain personality. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

While I can see where you're coming, just because a character is seen as a tomboy, country girl, or what-not doesn't mean they wouldn't like to wear skirts most of the time. Really, with humans being the complex creatures they are, one set of clothes isn't going to automatically go with a certain personality. smile.png

Perhaps the complaint isn't that tomboys can't wear skirts, but instead is that few girls or women casually wear skirts anymore, and therefore it isn't a realistic representation of the average person?

Edited by MysteriousGrepper
  • Brohoof 2

Perhaps the complaint isn't that tomboys can't wear skirts, but instead is that few girls or women casually wear skirts anymore, and therefore it isn't a realistic representation of the average person?

I dunno, I still see plenty of females in skirts still, though I also see plenty in shorts and pants. That might depend on the culture and geography; though.

• Brohoof 2

Just because one is a tomboy doesn't mean they cannot wear skirts. Skirts is the only type of clothing I'll wear, pants are hideous, and shorts are too restrictive. And people who complain about how hard playing sports is in a skirt, has never tried, it's easier than shorts.

Plus Rainbow appears to be wearing shorts under the skirt.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I always did find that kind of odd. I mean girls wear skirts but I don't think Rainbowdash, if she were a real person, would wear one unless forced to. I picture her wearing cargo pants or mesh shorts. In the first film I think Celestia and Luna were the only females not wearing a dress or skirt. To be fair I kind of like when women wear dresses and skirts, and wish they would wear them more often, but I just don't think the ratio of skirts to pants is accurate to real life. Sure, it is true that women wear them sometimes, but jeans are a much more common fashion choice among them in the real world. I honestly contemplated whether Equestria Girls is sexist for that reason.

However, in Rainbow Rocks I saw a couple pairs of pants being worn by women and I think at least a couple of the Dazzlings in particular sported pants and/or shorts at one point. Such madness! Next thing you know they will start voting! :P In all due seriousness though it doesn't bother me that much since it's also a world where everyone looks like Doug rejects, and they have to sell dolls which is probably the real reason the mane six and Sunset Shimmer all wear skirts along with most of the rest of the female cast in EQG.

Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

While I can see where you're coming, just because a character is seen as a tomboy, country girl, or what-not doesn't mean they wouldn't like to wear skirts most of the time. Really, with humans being the complex creatures they are, one set of clothes isn't going to automatically go with a certain personality. smile.png

Rarity in bedazzled jeans would work!

• Brohoof 2

Ok so i need to know if this is just me or does anyone else agree that they are not happy that nearly all the equestria girls human ponies all have skirts on. Like did hasbro not want each charachter to have a distinct type of dress to fit their character. I mean its cute and all but they all have skirts. This bothers me so much and i wish they would add some fashion into the characters. At least in the mane six :D

You know what bothers me about Equestria Girls:

Everything.

• Brohoof 2

I wish the cast had a more varied form of dress to accent their personalities but that's probably not going to happen. Even Rainbow Dash wears a skirt which probably isn't a normal form of clothing for a sports team. She would wear what's most comfortable for her and that's probably something else.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's a visual appeal thing... Think of how many distinct designs can come out of a pair of blue jeans. Now think of how many you'd get from a skirt.

I agree that Rainbow would be better suited to something "sportsy", but meanwhile I think they all look adorable! It's pretty unrealistic to what we see in our world, but then this is only a "psuedo-Human" world..

I have trouble saying they're humans when the skin hue variety is wider than anything we have out here.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me with the mane six all wearing skirts. I've known plenty of cowgirls and sporty girls who wear them. But the thing that bothers me the most is that the vast majority of the entire female cast in both movies wears skirts. Even the ones who don't are mostly wearing some kind of leggings; Celestia and Luna are the only ones who wear any kind of pants.

But aside from the skirts on the mane six, I really don't like the fact that all of the mane six, including Sunset Shimmer, are wearing some kind of boots. Now, I really like the look of boots on a girl, but damn. Boots do not belong on a soccer field, Rainbow. Someone get the girl a pair of sneakers or something.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me with the mane six all wearing skirts. I've known plenty of cowgirls and sporty girls who wear them. But the thing that bothers me the most is that the vast majority of the entire female cast in both movies wears skirts. Even the ones who don't are mostly wearing some kind of leggings; Celestia and Luna are the only ones who wear any kind of pants.

But aside from the skirts on the mane six, I really don't like the fact that all of the mane six, including Sunset Shimmer, are wearing some kind of boots. Now, I really like the look of boots on a girl, but damn. Boots do not belong on a soccer field, Rainbow. Someone get the girl a pair of sneakers or something.

>soccer field

>Get her sneakers

>Not cleats

post-33206-0-95298000-1430026835_thumb.gif

Well you got to wonder about those boots then. Who's making this stuff and, more importantly, where'd they get it? Answer: Rarity.  :D

She's spammed capes and Gala dresses as a pony. Why not skirts, boots and everything else as a human?

Alright, alright. I'll be serious. It does make sense for the girls to have more variety in their apparel. But as cool as Hasbro has been, they still pull typical stuff with the show (i.e. girls = skirts). I'm not going to say RD would not wear a skirt if that was an option for her. But what I would say is that if the show were more realistic, there would definitely be major variety in the apparel. Outside of mandated uniforms, I've never seen friends dress so similar (unless they were in some crazy clique thing but that's another story).

Source: real life experience.

• Brohoof 1

I noticed it as well. There were a few times that girls did not have skirts and were rather wearing jeans, but most of the time girls were wearing skirts. Looked a little stereotypical to me. 

• Brohoof 1

Yup. Best sign that EG is mandated from the powers that be is that all the characters look exactly the same to make doll production easier.

Personally I could only see them each as basically recolorations of a stock design. I think I could really visualize different noses between the girls, if even only different SIZED noses. That would've at least gave them some physical differentiation.