Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Always had a hobby you wanted to try but couldn't?

Skeleton Kin

(edited)

Hello all. Always had a hobby you wanted to try but couldn't for a particular reason; whether it be family, money, time or anything else?

I've been wanting to take up smiting as a hobby but I can't because of both family and the lack of equipment to try it with. Maybe when I get a job I'll rent out a garage to turn into a small workshop. But of course I'm too young to do so. *sigh* Can't have everything though can we?

So, anyone else want to add to the thread?

Edited by Lag Spike
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Glassblowing has always kind of interested me. I have a friend that is super into it and it is absolutely beautiful to watch. You would be so surprised at the properties of heated glass! It takes so much room and a garage, which I don't see having for a few years, sadly :(

Edited by Nervous Stitch
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I want to become a violinist... but I'm having the hardest time in the world trying to tune the damn thing... not to mention I'm afraid to try tuning it because I don't want to break the strings....

so it just sits there in the corner... and mocks me every time I enter my room  :( 

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

I want to become a violinist... but I'm having the hardest time in the world trying to tune the damn thing... not to mention I'm afraid to try tuning it because I don't want to break the strings....

so it just sits there in the corner... and mocks me every time I enter my room  :( 

Perhaps look on the net to see what the usual tuning is?

Smithing sounds good when u get that old smithing will be obsolete but I guess thats why it's a hobby. What I would do is I would be a pinball machine person I would like to play pinball who dosent like pinball?

Perhaps look on the net to see what the usual tuning is?

I have... several times.... there are websites that help me tune it and I think I got three of the strings tuned,,,, but its more of the fact that I'm not sure if its properly tuned

Bee keeping.

I got permission, encouragement and then I ordered the stuff. Then the stuff arrived and my permission was rescinded, just as I had picked the perfect place to set up the hive.

The unassembled hive and gear are in a box in a cupboard.

I'm not bitter. Really. I just look that way.

I have... several times.... there are websites that help me tune it and I think I got three of the strings tuned,,,, but its more of the fact that I'm not sure if its properly tuned

Guess you'd have to play it.

(edited)

Building model railway buildings. I've recently been having this impossible idea of making a HUGE Thomas Trackmaster layout of the entire Island of Sodor featuring all the locations, stations and environments. But it would involve a lot of building materials, craftsmanship and trips to eBay. Also, I haven't even started yet and I haven't found a location large enough to build the entire layout.

BTW, here's the section of Sodor I'm hoping to recreate into Trackmaster form:

post-31321-0-12980500-1428162421_thumb.jpg

post-31321-0-03350300-1428162449_thumb.jpg

Edited by James A Williams

Programming.

I wanted to get into but my computer is so awful. I guess I wasted all of those books on programming all for nothing. They just mock me.

You don't actually need a great computer to write a program, it of course depends on what you are writing it for, games, a script inside a program, or a stand alone program and on how big it is. You should still try.

Learning the oboe certainly hasn't been going too well for me. Partially because of my health, but also very much because it's not easy.

I'm trying to help myself get healthier (not everything can be helped, but... I'm not giving up on those that can!). Hopefully with that boost I'll gain back some of the energy I had as a teenager and feel like taking lessons and practicing for real.

Making outfits and costumes. Unfortunately that takes money, and this city doesn't really have a cosplay culture I can get into to help along this potential hobby.

I want to learn how to sew. I heard that it's a dying hobby, especially with technology enhancing...no one feels the need to sew anymore. I've always wanted to make my own clothes, to save money and be uniquely fashionable, and make stuffed animals to give to people, handcrafted by yours truly to make them feel special. That's what i'm going to do...ask for a sewing machine, or a kit, this year.

• Brohoof 2

Cycling. It seems like a lot of fun, and is beneficial to getting places and for your body. The problem is I cannot keep balance at all, no matter how much I try. Plus, with plenty of new jobs and tasks to do, I don't have time to even buy one.

You don't actually need a great computer to write a program, it of course depends on what you are writing it for, games, a script inside a program, or a stand alone program and on how big it is. You should still try.

No, I mean I couldn't download the programming program. Like C++. It wouldn't load any programming, and I couldn't write it.

No, I mean I couldn't download the programming program. Like C++. It wouldn't load any programming, and I couldn't write it.

I would recommend the program Code blocks, I have been learning C++ in that program.

• Brohoof 1

I've always wanted to tey painting.

I have tried this, but I am no good at it.