Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Always had a hobby you wanted to try but couldn't?

Skeleton Kin

I've been wanting to try D&D for a long time but don't have anyone to play with :(

Until recently, I had the same problem. I posted on a free ad group for my area on Facebook to ask if anyone was interested, and got 11 replies in minutes! Started a RP group that nite. I recommend the same trick.

• Brohoof 1

Drawing, but I always get distracted by my old hobbies, that I can't take that new one. Another main factor is my lack of experience and practice, as starting over is difficult, but I can't afford to start from scratch a hobby when I don't have time

I always wanted to cosplay, but can't afford it and my parents would kill me (after what my dad said about me going to comic con I'm trying to appear "normal" ...sigh) I also want to be able to rollerblade, but again, my parents would kill me. ... can't wait until I can move out.

• Brohoof 2

I've been wanting to try D&D for a long time but don't have anyone to play with :(

You and I both brotha

I've also wanted to get into archery for so long now but can't find anywhere to rent gear, sadness :(

Being a professional artist, I can do pretty much an craft I want to, so my interests in hobbies I can't do tend to learn towards more dangerous things. I always wanted to learn Parkour but I have terrible physical health due to a pulmonary disability and COPD. Still doesn't keep from fantasizing about bouncing off shit like a ninja. I also would like to base jump, jump from a plane, learn to roller skate to Gene Kelly's 'I Like Myself' dance (www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdpaFQ2kH4), and joust....um yeah, I pretty much have a death wish LOL
If my health was perfect, I'd probably be one of those annoying marathon runners/adrenaline junkies.

Airsoft has always been a big one  :o I can afford gear and guns and stuff but we would have to drive miles to even find an airsoft arena/zone/thingimajig  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Quite a few when I think about it. Tuning cars would be really fun for me, I always wanted to have a car that I could just customize but the $$$ just makes that impossible. Then there is artsy stuff and making art to share on the web but I kinda didn't bother with that because there is so much of it out there already so I just look at it instead. I also would love to go clubbing and skydiving but again $$$. I think I prefer fantasizing about hobbies because most of the time the fantasy is better than the reality for me anyway XD

Skydiving. I don't have the money for that shit right now but I'm definitely going to do it as soon as I can.

I might try hang gliding, but that actually frightens me way more than skydiving because with the former it is far easier to survive a disaster and end up crippled and in chronic pain for the rest of your life than the latter. As long as I'm not skydiving over dense forests, the ocean, or snow, there's virtually no chance of me surviving if something goes wrong. And that scares me less than shattering most of the bones in my body yet surviving.

I also want to try the bungee chair if they still have that setup in New Zealand. That's some crazy shit.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to travel the world. There are many aspects of this, but two major ones would be seeing major landmarks both ancient and modern, both natural and man-made, as well as visiting as many amusement parks and fairs as I possibly can. 

I've always wanted to try drums, but due to certain restraints I have never been able to have the chance. But hey, it's never too late I suppose :P

A few. I've always wanted to get into cosplay, but I don't have the money or space to even attempt it. Currently I want to get into Gundam model building, but again money and space are an ever present issue.  

I want to learn how to sew. I heard that it's a dying hobby, especially with technology enhancing...no one feels the need to sew anymore. I've always wanted to make my own clothes, to save money and be uniquely fashionable, and make stuffed animals to give to people, handcrafted by yours truly to make them feel special. That's what i'm going to do...ask for a sewing machine, or a kit, this year.

Oh, sewing. I had ALWAYS wanted to sew! There's this particular Japanese sub style that I love, and It requires a lot of sewing. I already have a sewing machine.

But the problem is, I only love it in THEORY. The reality is kind of boring, and I only do it for the(not always amazing) result. Although, that's just from my minimal experience with it. I'll hopefully learn to love it the more I do it. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have quite a few, eheh.

I've always wanted to make clay sculptures but I don't have the equipment nor the money nor the talent.

I've also always wanted to try to learn programming, get into making gifs, flash animation, graphic design, screenwriting, etc.

Just don't seem to have the time for any of these things :lol:

I would like to get better at drawing :). I have been practicing with just a pencil and piece of paper, but want to start using a tablet. But the programs are so confusing ):.

Other than that I would love to learn how to play the piano :D!

Dude, me too. I'm with you.

World travel.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to travel the world.

Guys, even if you can't travel the world (often far travels are expensive, I know) you can find people around the world by power of Internet, discuss with them cultural features of different regions, exchanging photos and videos (that would be something like personal virtual excursion). And, in my opinion, one day visit friend in far country on another side of the planet is much cooler than pass several popular touristic routes with group of other tourists.

Airsoft has always been a big one.

Bro, I'm with you. I'm airsofter already, but I would be happy visit big airsoft games in different countries, cus airsoft is very different around the world.

What about me:

I'd like to draw and make music. But I'm to shying to show process of training with poor results to somebody, and absolutly have no time to be alone to create something.

• Brohoof 2

Guys, even if you can't travel the world (often far travels are expensive, I know) you can find people around the world by power of Internet, discuss with them cultural features of different regions, exchanging photos and videos (that would be something like personal virtual excursion). And, in my opinion, one day visit friend in far country on another side of the planet is much cooler than pass several popular touristic routes with group of other tourists.

I look at pictures and watch videos of places that I want to go, but it really isn't the same for me. :/ Nothing compares with the experience of going to a new place and actually being there in person, for me at least :)

• Brohoof 1