Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sunset shimmer should be a princess

pegasister07

Sunrise/Sunset is just a product of raising and lowering the sun, which is already Celestia's job. Having another princess just for that would be redundant.

• Brohoof 1

She hasn't really made a contribution large enough to gain princess status. She's kind of like Twilight's student, learning about friendship, she has to sort of create or discover a new form of magic apparently to become a princess.

• Brohoof 1

Basically Celestia is in charge of that. She sets and rises the sun. :)
Remember, Twilight is the princess of friendship, so if Sunset were a princess I don't think it would have anything to do with her name like Celestia and Luna.

On another note, I don't think she did anything to prove that she was princess material in the first place. Maybe a good student, but never anything of that power. It's not her destiny.

• Brohoof 2

Sunrise/Sunset is just a product of raising and lowering the sun, which is already Celestia's job. Having another princess just for that would be redundant.

yeah u say it Banul! you have the most sense here

She's a bit too power hungry for the job, don't you think? I think I brought this up about her in another thread, but I don't believe she'd have the right mindset at all to be a princess. It's not just about having the ability to be one.

I don't think so. 1. She lives in the human world. 2. She has desired power and wanted to conquer Equestria, meaning she wanted to force ponies to follow her (Principle Celestia explained that one is not a princess by forcing others to follow you, but by inspiring them to do so). 

• Brohoof 3

I don't think so. 1. She lives in the human world. 2. She has desired power and wanted to conquer Equestria, meaning she wanted to force ponies to follow her (Principle Celestia explained that one is not a princess by forcing others to follow you, but by inspiring them to do so). 

But she learned her lesson, and is slowly learning the right way. Maybe.... the Equestrian representative in the Human world?

• Brohoof 1

But she learned her lesson, and is slowly learning the right way. Maybe.... the Equestrian representative in the Human world?

I don't know. It seemed like Luna and Celestia were intent on keeping the world of Equestria as a secret during the second movie. 

I don't know. It seemed like Luna and Celestia were intent on keeping the world of Equestria as a secret during the second movie. 

I didnt mean like that. But..... I dont know where I was going with this

I didnt mean like that. But..... I dont know where I was going with this

Perhaps you meant, Sunset Shimmer would be the connection between Equestria and EG world. She does have this magical diary. 

Perhaps you meant, Sunset Shimmer would be the connection between Equestria and EG world. She does have this magical diary. 

Yes! That is where I was going with that. #TheExchangeStudent

Well, I think she could be a princess, she got wings when she went super saiyan  :P . I don't know what her role could be, but I hope she could be the intermediary between Equestria and the human world 

I think sunset shimmer should make the sunrise and sunset. Does anyone else think so?

I don't, personally. When Celestia raises the Sun, she lowers the moon, vise verse with Luna. There really doesn't seem to be any room in the middle there. However, Sunset hasn't really proven herself worthy of the princess title, at least not yet.

Didn't she "technically" become an Alicorn during the first Equestria Girls when she put on Twilight's Crown? You know, the wings, the magic, etc.

Didn't she "technically" become an Alicorn during the first Equestria Girls when she put on Twilight's Crown? You know, the wings, the magic, etc.

An argument COULD be made for that..... but technically, she became a fiery demon with harpy henchmen. 

• Brohoof 1

An argument COULD be made for that..... but technically, she became a fiery demon with harpy henchmen. 

yeah, but after rainbow rocks she became reformed and also she is an honorary member of the mane 5, but you have a soild point, but as she said before she is new to the whole friendship thing, so she wouldnt be the ideal leader for equesrtia let alone princess, that and she is to awesome in the human world and she never became an alicorn , in the first movie she became a raging she demon but yeah that is my point...

But if you had her as a pony instead of a human at the time, see that's what I'm saying, haha. I know that's not how it works, but I'm just tossing a theory out there.

yeah, but after rainbow rocks she became reformed and also she is an honorary member of the mane 5, but you have a soild point, but as she said before she is new to the whole friendship thing, so she wouldnt be the ideal leader for equesrtia let alone princess, that and she is to awesome in the human world and she never became an alicorn , in the first movie she became a raging she demon but yeah that is my point...

If you think about it, the crew is now the EG world's Mane 6, with Sunset Shimmer replacing Twilight. I do love how without her they weren't able to beat the sirens, it required their trust and friendship in her to activate the catalyst of the big Alicorn nuke.