Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music MCR Fans Unite!

Midnight Gaze

I recently(about a month ago) got into MCR. I never expected to like that kind of band because the only music I seemed to like was county music and 100% pop-the kind people are always complaining about. Anyway, I found MCR when I was looking at amv's, and, for the thousandth time, saw a video with the title "Mama, We All Go to Hell". I had never been interested in it because it sounded depressing. I clicked on the video that day because I was tired of seeing it and wanted to know what it was about. The song-at first-wasn't incredible to me, but was good enough to listen to every song on The Black Parade album, looking up the lyric meanings on Genius. I grew to love every single song on the album, and later listened to Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys(which I love just as much, if not a bit more) I like a few songs on Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, too.

So, this is a thread for MCR fans to discuss the band, share their stories, and converse.

Edited by Midnight Gaze

I haven't listened to much of their recent stuff. Maybe someday. I have the first two albums and heard one or two more recent ones.

I've always loved the way their songs are almost a type of dark comedy.

My favorite songs:

Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Hang 'Em High

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Na Na Na

This Is The Best Day Ever

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

To The End

Cubicles

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

...okay so that's like half the songs I know by them but WHATEVER. :lol:

My cousin used to have a crush on Gerard Way when we were teenagers. He has one hell of a voice so it's not hard to see why.

Unlike a lot of people I don't particularly care for their more popular early songs Helena and I'm Not Okay.

• Brohoof 1

Oops! For some reason I thought this was "My Kitchen Rules" Fans unite! :blink:

Anyway, since I'm here I might as well post.

My favourite song by them was probably "Welcome to the Black Parade". Interestingly enough, I wasn't keen on many more of the songs, especially with the reputation they had when I was still in high school!

But I haven't really given them a listen since a long time. I might go check out some of the newer stuff when I get the chance later today.  :huh:

Oops! For some reason I thought this was "My Kitchen Rules" Fans unite! :blink:

Anyway, since I'm here I might as well post.

My favourite song by them was probably "Welcome to the Black Parade". Interestingly enough, I wasn't keen on many more of the songs, especially with the reputation they had when I was still in high school!

But I haven't really given them a listen since a long time. I might go check out some of the newer stuff when I get the chance later today.   :huh:

What sort of reputation did they have? I was never in the loop. I spent my time alone. :P

What sort of reputation did they have? I was never in the loop. I spent my time alone. :P

Generally they were associated with depressed teenagers, which is odd considering there are many other bands out there that are similar without such a name. Just a correlation I suppose. And besides, I was very cheerful during that time so I guess it makes no sense to make such an assumption anyway!

Anybody is allowed to enjoy music, after all! ^_^

Generally they were associated with depressed teenagers, which is odd considering there are many other bands out there that are similar without such a name. Just a correlation I suppose. And besides, I was very cheerful during that time so I guess it makes no sense to make such an assumption anyway!

Anybody is allowed to enjoy music, after all! ^_^

They aren't even particularly depressing. If you actually listen to their lyrics half the time they sounds more funny than depressing but kinda in a meaningful way if the lyrics can grab you.

But yeah, anyone can enjoy any kind of music. If you were to meet me in real life I probably wouldn't seem like the type who would listen to MCR yet here I am. :P

• Brohoof 1

I've been a fan of MCR for years. It's a shame that they broke up, but Gerard seems to be doing well on his own. I'm not really into his solo stuff and wasn't a big fan of MCR's last album, but it's still good to hear that he's doing well for himself. 

I've been a fan of MCR for years. It's a shame that they broke up, but Gerard seems to be doing well on his own. I'm not really into his solo stuff and wasn't a big fan of MCR's last album, but it's still good to hear that he's doing well for himself.

I didn't know this was a thing that happened. ALL OF THE SADFACES. CHILDHOOD (teenagehood?) BROKEN. :(

What's his new stuff like?

I didn't know this was a thing that happened. ALL OF THE SADFACES. CHILDHOOD (teenagehood?) BROKEN. :(

What's his new stuff like?

Yeah, it happened over a year ago. He was really supportive and there for his fans though and has really made an effort to still be involved with them via Twitter. Frank has been involved a lot with the fans too. I can't say the same for the rest of them though. 

His new stuff is likened to the Britpop genre. I wouldn't say that it's bad, but it's not really what I'm into. Still, I'm glad he hasn't dropped off the radar and is doing something that he likes.

I wouldn't even begin to know what a Britpop is but I suck at music genres. :P

Hopefully he has some success. One of my other favorite bands went on indefinite hiatus and the lead singer is still making music in the same manner. Changing his style up, though it's not considered particularly good.

(edited)

They aren't even particularly depressing. If you actually listen to their lyrics half the time they sounds more funny than depressing but kinda in a meaningful way if the lyrics can grab you.But yeah, anyone can enjoy any kind of music. If you were to meet me in real life I probably wouldn't seem like the type who would listen to MCR yet here I am. :P

If you were to meet me in real life, I wouldn't look like an mrc fan. I've gotten really into Japanese substyles lately, so I'd probably look like this:

http://i62.tinypic.com/25unqqt.jpg

Except with a lot less black(if any). Stereotypes are hilarious. :)

Edited by Midnight Gaze