Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Second Trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, aka HAN!

Orablanco Account

Yes.

Trying not to get over-hyped (this could end up being a bucket of suck for all we know), but this looks pretty wizard so far. I'm particularly fond of how it looks to have a better balance of CGI and practical effects than the Prequels, in that there is practical effects at all.

The desert planet is kind of redundant, though. I guess they used up all the "this planet is entirely made up of _____" ideas around the time they made a lava planet that seemed to exist solely to provide a cool background for a laser sword fight. I'd argue that The Phantom Menace broke ground with a planet made entirely of mediocrity.

What do you think? Does the combination of Luke Skywalker's ominous narration and the image of Darth Vader's burnt-put helmet give you chills? Does the return of Han Solo fill you with warm sense of nostalgia and hope? Do you still think that lightsaber broadsword is freaking dumb? DISCUSS.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

"This Christmas...

The black guy isn't really a stormtrooper, he's just wearing the armor like Luke did in A New Hope."

But really, I can't wait to see this movie. It's been so long since we last had a Star Wars movie, and even longer since we had a traditional one. Thank god it's finally coming.

• Brohoof 1

Well then. Ever since Abrams' hiring I've suspected that this would be little more than a nostalgia parade, and the footage presented thus far has done little to assuage my fears. It all looks very nice, yes, but it also seems to be riding too heavily on OT iconography. I only hope it can establish its own identity.

On a less cynical note, the shot of the downed Star Destroyer is quite beautiful and I still dig the little ball droid.