Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anyone else, basically stop being a brony between seasons?

Binary Blast

So This is my first time on the site, basically since shortly after season 4 ended, the brony community just donesn't do anything all that interesting exceot maybe a few fan videos, between seasons.  I took such a long hiates where I barely even mentioned the show because I sort of got bored of waiting, and didn't really care what the community was doing, that I missed the premiere of the show and had to watch it later online.  Any one do this between seasons or amI just wierd?

Well.... I didn't stop becoming a brony, but I did stop becoming a whovian between seasons. The season for Doctor Who was really short, too. I only experienced one hiatus for MLP though. I made OCs, wrote fanfiction, and watched Rainbow Rocks and other stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Nope I usually read fanfics and maybe do podcast stuff with The Brony Show and listen to music that this fandom poops out! :P

But I stop being a whovian once the season is over with

I find it strange how when the series is ongoing, the fandom doesn't thrive as well, as if it's dead... I mean when a show is dead, the fandom either is bigger, or plummets tremendously... With the other forum I'm on, it has only been running for a year, but everyone still goes on it, and writes up stuff. And the thing is,, it's only discussing the fandom itself. :P So, it really is just a matter of what you do, and how much you're into and what not. I personally will still be on the forums, rewatching the series over and over again, maybe creating stuff. But you're not weird. You're actually average. :)

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I was always still hanging out with my other friends who are in the fandom, generally consuming media and fan stuff, and making some myself.  On top of that I was mostly planning and looking forward to future cons and upcoming projects.

@@Binary Blast,

Never. Being a brony is a part of my identity now. It's changed my life in such a profound way that even going to school where I am and doing what I do now is a constant reminder. Even when this show inevitably ends I won't stop being a brony. I'll carry it with me and champion the show and fandom whenever I'm called upon to do so. 

• Brohoof 4

Actually, this hiatus was the first season where I didn't stop doing brony things in the downtime. Probably because of the forum.

• Brohoof 2

Sort of. The hiatus until season 5 made me reconsider my Brony Status. I still enjoy watching the show, reading the comics, ect. I just don't partake in the fandom anymore. For example, I used to visit this site daily and now I visit it maybe once a week. 

Edited by Mikami

Yeah, that has kind of happened to me. Granted, I only started watching MLP around the 4th season, so I haven't been a part of the community for very long, but I do find my interest waning when the show isn't actually on. I still buy merchandise sometimes, but I don't really think about it or watch it a lot until the new season starts.

Nope I did not.  I continued to enjoy the shows, mlp reviews, mlp songs, fan remixes, fan songs, fanfictions and more during the off season.

Also If I stopped being a brony during the longest hiatus yet I wouldn't have went to see Rainbow Rocks in theaters (which would have definitely been a missed opportunity to me.

Plus I did post on these forums, check out EQD and Fimfiction.net so I still did some things MLP FIM related.

I dont stop being a brony, but I do go on hiatus and obsess over another fandom that's got an active season. When the seasons off for MLP, I usually am occupied by Doctor Who. But since DW was so short this past season, I had a bit of time between the two shows that was difficult. I pretty much don't watch tv unless it's a show I have a particular interest in and since my fav shows were off, I didn't watch anything. When MLP is off, I still keep do brony related stuff, like make crafts for my business and etc, and when DW is off, I read and write fanfiction. 

My sister unfortunately left the fandom due to the long wait for Season 5, I guess it was so long she found new interests, and has stopped watching anything MLP/Pony related. Or, it was just the bullying she was going through, can't tell.  

Well in past seasonal breaks my involvement would dimish, but I would still count myself as a brony. The problem back then was that I never have a place where I could interact with other fans.

As for this break...no. In fact, thanks to this community, I felt like my love for the fandom only increased. :)

Not really,  I still made graphics and ocs and did some writing and kept posting

on this site!   Yet this is not my only fandom so I had things to also watch between

the dry seasons and such!

I still talk about the show during hiatuses so I'd still consider myself a fan/brony, but I stop watching the show.

Edited by Blobulle