Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 5 Episode 8 REVEALED

Moved to Elsewhere

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/season-5-episode-8-revealed-lost.html#more

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

Air Date: May 23, 2015)

Synopsis: Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pie are called by the map to the ancient kingdom of Griffonstone but have conflicting ideas as to what problem they have been called to fix.

YES! RAINBOW DASH AND PINKIE TEAM UP EPISODE!

Edited by PathfinderCS
  • Brohoof 10

Pinkie Pie/Rainbow Dash episode involving Griffons, I'm hoping a certain someone appears

Also according to MA Larson, Amy Keating Rogers is writing this episode, so it's almost guaranteed to be good

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/writers-for-next-weeks-episode-and.html

That is even better. No one knows how to handle both of those characters better than her.

• Brohoof 1

This is something i can look forward to. Pinkie & Rainbow go together well.   :maud:

Also , looking at the synopsis, it appears like the map can call out to you, but apparently not all the mane 6 are required to go to fix the 'problem'. Interesting.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

Why 2?

Why not 6?

I fear plot contrivance may be contrived.  (ding +1)

I like the fact that the map is only calling for those two specifically. If anything the shows/comics have proven many times that forcing all mane 6 characters can potentially hinder the story if all of them are not needed

• Brohoof 11

I like the fact that the map is only calling for those two specifically. If anything the shows/comics have proven many times that forcing all mane 6 characters can potentially hinder the story if all of them are not needed

I'm not disagreeing, just that the map singling out 2 here the CMC there  etc., is a fast and filthy shortcut unless they explain the random choices somehow.  Which is hard to do within a 22 minute show.

Contrivances ARE occasionally necessary.

ANCIENT kingdom of the Griffins!?

AKR writing?

Pinkie and Dash?

HYPE!!!

• Brohoof 3

Exactly my original fears with the map. While all six can be in an episode, it's usually better to focus on 2-3 characters, rather than shoehorning all of them in.

I'm hoping this episode implies the show will split up the Mane Six from time to time.

• Brohoof 2

Oh god, this episode is already a winner.

Griffons, treasure hunting, Rainbow and Pinkie. What can possibly go wrong?

• Brohoof 4

This episode was a bad idea because the griffons seemingly being the antagonists is predictable if you pay attention to Greek mythology. Griffons and horses (ponies in this case) are mortal enemies, by nature. Griffons and ponies are like water and oil. Try as you might, they just don't mix. We learned this the last time a griffon played an important role in an episode. (isn't that right, Gilda?)

@

Just about missed this; I added a spoiler prefix to the topic. Keep in mind that while the thread title is descriptive a spoiler prefix is still needed to be safe.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

Why 2?

Why not 6?

I fear plot contrivance may be contrived.  (ding +1)

Probably to avoid the complaint many had during season 4 where all of the Mane 6 went somewhere but were unnecessary for the story, like Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie in Rainbow Falls.

Also who's to say the map isn't give out missions to everyone else at the same time and we get a four part interconnect story with one episode focusing on a pair of ponies? It also coincides with the 100th episode

Which focuses on the background ponies. Would be perfect timing as all of the Mane 6 would then be out of town while it is occurring.

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 4

This episode was a bad idea because the griffons seemingly being the antagonists is predictable if you pay attention to Greek mythology. Griffons and horses (ponies in this case) are mortal enemies, by nature. Griffons and ponies are like water and oil. Try as you might, they just don't mix. We learned this the last time a griffon played an important role in an episode. (isn't that right, Gilda?)

Not entirely true within the context of the series. If you read the "Journal of the Two Sisters" it mentions the early relations with the Griffin Kingdom and while things weren't always friendly the Griffin king was a key ally in the later part of the book.

Probably to avoid the complaint many had during season 4 where all of the Mane 6 went somewhere but were unnecessary for the story, like Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie in Rainbow Falls.

Also who's to say the map isn't give out missions to everyone else at the same time and we get a four part interconnect story with one episode focusing on a pair of ponies? It also coincides with the 100th episode

Which focuses on the background ponies. Would be perfect timing as all of the Mane 6 would then be out of town while it is occurring.

That'd be cool

But my contrivance senses are still tingling.

EDIT

And it still keeps Rarity away from pinkie and Dash. AGAIN

The most Dash interacted on screen with Rarity was with Castle Sweet Castle.

If the map does split them up I'd really like a Fluttershy Applejack combo [not that I mind Rairty Applejack interaction, just I'd like to see HOW the six are friends with each other instead of (for example;) Rarity being a friend of a friend when Pinkie and RD show up], and see them [FS & AJ] do something together other than butt heads over animals [Castle sweet doesn't count  I didn't actually SEE them do the digging].

Splitting the Mane 6 according to established friendships all the time would eventually frustrate me.

Edited by paradoxical

What caused that episode to fail has more to do with the bait-and-switch in the middle of Act 2. Gilda had every reason to be upset at Pinkie, because Pinkie wouldn't stop eavesdropping on both her and Dash. (But Gilda had no right touching Pinkie.) Afterwards, Gilda turned into a very conventional, two-dimensional bully.

Also, in MMMystery, Gustave is pompous, but considered a good guy.

Griffons, treasure hunting, Rainbow and Pinkie. What can possibly go wrong?

Plenty. Sloppy pacing, out of characterization/flanderization, logic lapses, the griffons turning into one-dimensional stereotypes, lazy storytelling. Every writer is capable of writing good or bad, and AKR is certainly no exception.

• Brohoof 4

Plenty. Sloppy pacing, out of characterization/flanderization, logic lapses, the griffons turning into one-dimensional stereotypes, lazy storytelling. Every writer is capable of writing good or bad, and AKR is certainly no exception.

Come on DQ. ;)

Don't be such a killjoy. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm not disagreeing, just that the map singling out 2 here the CMC there  etc., is a fast and filthy shortcut unless they explain the random choices somehow.  Which is hard to do within a 22 minute show.

Contrivances ARE occasionally necessary.

This actually can be explained by the Tree of Harmony being the one calling the shots with the map. If it wants to only call those two, it has a plan in motion for them. This also helps to greatly expand the amount of story ideas the writers can think of as they don't have to be confined to limiting big adventure episodes involving the entire mane 6  together as we can have 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 involved in a trek instead of involving all of the mane 6. Already that episode is going to have a good mark for making that decision. Color me hype too.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 2

Come on DQ. ;)

Don't be such a killjoy. :P

:lol: I'm just saying it's possible; no episode is guaranteed to be good, bad, or average. Despite having three of her episodes in my top-10, AKR's are no exception. ;)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

This actually can be explained by the Tree of Harmony being the one calling the shots with the map. If it wants to only call those two, it has a plan in motion for them. This also helps to greatly expand the amount of story ideas the writers can think of as they don't have to be confined to limiting big adventure episodes involving the entire mane 6  together as we can have 1, 2, 3, or even 4 involved in a trek instead of involving all of the mane 6. Already that episode is going to have a good mark for making that decision. Color me hype too.

I agree that it COULD be explained by Tree ex machina, but IFF it's explained.  Which is hard to do in 22 minutes.  If it's not explained then they could, I dunno find a different map, get an invite from Gilda, just go exploring, etc.,

I'm just concerned that the map will be random because reasons.  GOOD reasons, but lazy ones too.

• Brohoof 2

I agree that it COULD be explained by Tree ex machina, but IFF it's explained.  Which is hard to do in 22 minutes.  If it's not explained then they could, I dunno find a different map, get an invite from Gilda, just go exploring, etc.,

I'm just concerned that the map will be random because reasons.  GOOD reasons, but lazy ones too.

Aye, there's always that possibility that bad story telling can hit an episode and impact it negatively and you're correct in that regard. Any episode no matter what good ideas it has can turn out bad in the end due to sloppy writing.

• Brohoof 1

I like that they are being creative with the map in this one. I too assumed that the map calls all of the Mane 6 each time but I'm glad the writers are keeping us on our toes a bit. I look forward to how Pinkie and Rainbow handle a quest without Twilight or any of the others raining in their ways.