Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banana peeling

碇 シンジン

Bananas  

63 users have voted

1. 1. In which end you start peeling a banana?

• end A
    • end B

Neither. I hold the banana and pull on A until the whole thing just kinda bends and all hell breaks loose in a mushy banana-smelling fashion. I then proceed to cry myself to sleep upon the realisation that I cannot achieve what even my more primitive cousins have mastered.

That or I use my human intellect to utilise a cutting tool to assist. Of which I then proceed to mock said primitive cousins for their lack of adept cutlery skills.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 2

I used to peel mine from point A, but then after I did point B it was way much easier and the banana wasn't destroyed after I was done peeling it!  ^_^

How I peel it depends on the ripeness of the banana. If it's closer to being under-ripe, like barely turning from green to yellow, then I'll go with side A. If it's been around for a while and it's too soft for that without destroying the banana itself, I'll go with side B. :catface:

End A. I used to go from B but then I thought "No, this is too easy. Life should be challenging!"

...and then I broke the banana in half with my bare hands and ate from each end. It was an epic day, I must say.  :lol:

• 8 years later...

I always peel it from end A. I never knew that some people actively do it from the opposite side. The more you know.

• 2 weeks later...

As a banana connosuer connosier connoisseur, with over two decades of experience in eating bananas, I can confirm that the proper answer is B.

The A side is merely a distraction used to separate bananoobs from banamasters :proud:

• Brohoof 1

As a kid, I peeled from the stem end (A). It's how my mother did it, so it's how I did it. Never thought anything about it. :sealed:

Then as an adult, I learned a lot of people (especially in different parts of the world) were peeling from the butt end (B), claiming that's how you're suppose to do it if you don't want to accidentally bruise the banana when tugging on the stem. So I shrugged and started doing it that way. :ooh:

Then yesterday, I saw a gorilla open it from the middle and then eat it that way. You know what? I give up! :yeahno:

I don't care anymore which end is used. As long as I can avoid that hidden black tail inside the peel, then I'm good.
Does anyone else know about the hidden black tail? Tons of people have eaten that part without knowing it.