Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

would you buy a t-shirt with your OC on it?

nx9100

So, I was thinking of making some custom t-shirts of my OC's, and thought I'd offer it to other members on here.  My (very) limited budget limits me to simple inkjet printer heat-transfer shirts, which have to be carefully worn and washed.  But until I can afford a better-quality printer, it will suffice.  the idea is that you would limit use of the shirts for special events, like con's or something.  

shirts would be limited to OC's only (no cannon characters).

anyway, just wanted to see if there would be any interest, before I go out and buy a $200 heat press, lol

That would be really cool to have a T-shirt with my OC on it. Specifically my ponysona. Unfortunately, I'm broke.

Same here. I would LOVE to have that handsome fella on a T-Shirt, but I too am broke.

I'm sure that most folks, or at least definitely an adequate amount of people, would buy, or consider buying a shirt with their OC on it.  For myself, probably not - just being honest.  If I was gonna buy MLP related clothes, I'd prefer something subtle, like maybe a shirt with AJ's cutie mark on it.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

well, seems there is some interest, lol.  I'll experiment this weekend with my OC's, see how the shirts turn out.  If I'm satisfied, I'll work on getting a store on here.  right now, thinking around $20 per shirt, including shipping (via FedEx, cause US post office sucks).

Oh cool someone else who presses T-shirts.

I can actually do this for 15 USD a shirt, so you might want to look into your supplies and figure out how to cut costs.

I got two questions for you that may help you make your decision.

1 - What art do you intend to use? That is,  are they providing the art, or do you have a means to make it.   People don' really wont pony generator images on T-shirts

2 - You aren't making 100% profit on anything.  Even at 20 dollars a shirt,  you'll have to sell more than 10 to just make overhead on the press.  

Give this a lot of thought, and assess your finances,  I say this because I've "been there, done that, still doing this"  (just got back from BABScon)  If you intend this to be a source of income,  understand this is a very "you have to spend money to make money"  sort of thing. 

If you wanna see what all I make.

http://breakfast-tee.deviantart.com/

• Brohoof 1

Oh cool someone else who presses T-shirts.

I can actually do this for 15 USD a shirt, so you might want to look into your supplies and figure out how to cut costs.

I got two questions for you that may help you make your decision.

1 - What art do you intend to use? That is,  are they providing the art, or do you have a means to make it.   People don' really wont pony generator images on T-shirts

2 - You aren't making 100% profit on anything.  Even at 20 dollars a shirt,  you'll have to sell more than 10 to just make overhead on the press.  

I only said $20, cause I was including cost of shipping, plus the percentage the forum takes, in the final price (which is still an estimate at this time).

as for your questions:

1- whatever art the customer wants of their OC's.  (again, no cannon/official characters)

2- not really looking to make a profit.  mostly just for fun.  as said, was going to make some for myself, and figured I'd offer it to other members.

I would if I werent a closet brony :P. However, I think a periwinkle shirt with yellow and dark blue stripes, and his cutie mark would be something I'd buy :P.

• Brohoof 4

It's funny you mention that actually! I'm currently trying to get a shirt done of my very character right now! ^^ It's not any pony character though. This is my personal original character. However, it never crossed my mind to do my pony characters too. I'll totally have to do that! :D

Edited by Felix

I would if I werent a closet brony  :P. However, I think a periwinkle shirt with yellow and dark blue stripes, and his cutie mark would be something I'd buy  :P.

I second this. My OC doesn't have a cutie mark, so I'd go for something with his colors, or this logo if I were ever to attend meetups, conventions, or meet Brony friends in real life:

post-24452-0-52762400-1429744982.png

All of that is if I could afford it. Since my OC wears accessories and I still own the accessories his are based on in real life, I could just go dressed like him and no one would notice, just as well. :P

• Brohoof 1

I was actually going to get a shirt made with Kyoshi on it, but the person who was going to do it never got back to me. I know so done else that might be able to do though so there it still hope for it. :D

This was the original ideal look for it:

post-8308-0-05797000-1429850447_thumb.jpg

If I do get one made, it will most likely look different than that.