Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallen Canterlot [Title Pending] (An Adventure/Action/Possibly Dark RP)

SilverHeart

Hmmmmm this has peaked my interest. I haven't been on in a while but when I was on last I never saw something with this much detail in the planning stages and I like this. I would love to throw my OC Snow Breeze into this RP, his link is in my signature. If there are any problems I'll try to fix them accordingly.

Sure thing. If you could fill out the application that is in the first post that would be great. I rarely have the time to sit at a computer and look at the forums so I usually use my phone, which sadly cannot see signatures due to the nature of the mobile site.

Sure thing. If you could fill out the application that is in the first post that would be great. I rarely have the time to sit at a computer and look at the forums so I usually use my phone, which sadly cannot see signatures due to the nature of the mobile site.

Name: Snow Breeze

Race: Pegasi

Appearence:post-8425-0-13770600-1429907203_thumb.png

Backstory: Born to Shock family in Cloudsdale he was given the name Snow Shock. His father one of the best lightening controllers of Cloudsdale and fourth generation in the line of lightening controllers expected great things from Snow. Snow's father enrolled him in the weather training program at age 7. Through all of the 2 years of schooling he got he was never able to control lightening, but he never wanted to disappoint his dad, so he continued to practice as much as he could.

When he was 10 and a strong lightening storm grew out of control Snow and his parents were called in to help. During the storm, Snow couldn't do anything to help the other pegasi, begging his father to let him go home. His father refused saying he was a Shock and that they were masters of lightening. The wind suddenly picked up making it too hard for Snow to fly. Holding onto a rogue cloud he didn't realize it was a thunder cloud until it was too late. Snow was shocked as the cloud releases a bolt of lightening sending him falling, his mother begging for his father to rescue him. He refused saying Snow was not a son of his, just before his mother dove after him.

Snow woke up in the Cloudsdale hospital 2 days later. His weather teacher Miss Weatherly was there looking over him, and was the only pony that had been there to see him since. It brought tears to both of them when Snow got the news of what happened to his mother because his father disowned him. Miss Weatherly took Snow in and raised him as her own son, teaching him everything she knew about the seasons and how pegasi could control them. At 11 he got his cutie mark when he found out he could greatly control snow and ice with his wings and could manipulate them like no other pegasi could during a blizzard.

After helping Cloudsdale with the blizzard Snow wanted to change his life. When Snow was 14 he applied for a name change, keeping his first name but changing his last name to Breeze. He did this much to Weatherly's wishes for him to take her last name and be fully adopted by her and her fiance. Snow left Cloudsdale at 16 and started doing work as a weather controller for hire and began traveling Equestria. He now currently lives in Ponyville and is head leader for Winter Wrap Up season. When he's not in charge of Winter he does work in Ponyville under RD's command in keeping the weather in check.

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is some black clouds letting down tons of snow being blown to the left. It represents his ability to control the snow and ice with his wings and using the air currents to move the snow.

Skills: Ice shards he can shoot and can cause a snow storm. Able to freeze the moisture to make ice to use as weapons. Last effort skill is encasing himself in a block of ice as protection.

@@Evilshy,@@Midnight_Aurora, @@FortyTwo42, @@Windbreaker,  [@And Everyone Else]

I'm going to go with Version 1 since honestly It's less work for me and this is just supposed to give me something to do while I wait for Bloodlines to update. Speaking of Bloodlines I'll try to get a reply out to you tonight Evilshy.

With that said, y'all no longer need to put together a backstory for your OC's. In the opening post, or if y'all prefer I can do it in the OOC I can explain the current state of the world and briefly go over the government set up for the three tribes. That way y'all can think of a new backstory so that your characters fit within the RP.

@@Gloomfury

Ah shoot, I knew I forgot something. I apologize. If you can fill out the application that would be great. Also yes, it would be great if this gets you back into updating more frequently. 

@@Flareon

I'm afraid I can't accept any non-Unicorn that can naturally do magic. If you want to remove the magic portion and just have him be a weather pegasus that is fine.

@ SilverHeart

I must apologise, but I have lost interest. It isn't the RP itself. I just can't think of a character that fits. The one I originally wanted to use wouldn't show up till after the hearts warming eve event. And just after the princesses came to power.

@ SilverHeart

I must apologise, but I have lost interest. It isn't the RP itself. I just can't think of a character that fits. The one I originally wanted to use wouldn't show up till after the hearts warming eve event. And just after the princesses came to power.

Ah you sure? It's not too hard to come up with a backstory.

@ SilverHeart

Ah you sure? It's not too hard to come up with a backstory or even a new character. Especially when the three tribes nearly went to war, it wouldn't be hard to imagine there were some Skirmishes or even events that displaced someone from their home. These quite a bit of potential.

The character I wanted to use came into his wings and cutiemark as a powersurge rocked him while he was trying to create or recreate the wing spell using said spell matrix. He did it as a way to make the spell easier to use, but during the powersurge, he absorbed said matrix and it became a part of him. I was going to have it that he had just came into them and didn't have the strength or flight ability of an Alicorn. He would have been just a winged unicorn at that time. He would come into the other two parts later, as he learned about what happened to make him the way he was.

This was the original idea. But you said the spell matrices were too powerful.

Major weakness is that they can be easily overloaded, they only work for Unicorns/Pegacorns and it takes up ones weapon slot.

However for him it also took up his armor slot as well. He had two The sphere one and the one within him.

This way it made him a bit of an outcast not liked by the tribes. He resembled a being that looked like all three tribes. A rarity among the tribes. His magical strength would have also been that of a unicorn.

I was going to leave to you when he gained the strength and flight knowledge. As well as incensed magical strength befitting his form.

Backstory:A young guardian, with a jester job. 

Any special Skills or Knowledge. (This will help me tailor situations so that your character can be useful. It also keeps people from having their pony be good at things they shouldn't be.) Knowledge of safe to eat fruit, Knowledge of castle layouts.

Profession: Jester.

Inventory:Small Pie slice.

Preferred Starting weapon: This is just so that I can have your character find a weapon earlier on that you want them to use. Telekenetic weaponry, Magic.

Name: Gloomfry

Race:Earth pony

Appearance:Rosewood coat,mane jet black shoulder length in a unkempt ponytail,lifeless gold colored eyes and a griffin claw scar on the left side of his face. And his teeth are like a humans but sharper like a dogs. 

Backstory: He was found as a baby and was raised by griffons. Mainly his mother. He joined the griffon military when he was 18 and served till he was discharged for disobeying orders from his commanding officer. Normally they would execute someone for that along with what followed after he disobeyed the order. But because he was one of the best  they just discharged him. 

Cutie Mark: He has no cutie mark. But when he was younger he tried many things to try and get it. Now he doesn't see the point in having one.

Any Social Skills or Knowledge: Thanks to is search for his cutie mark he learn many skills. Most not that hard to learn. Cooking, sewing, playing a musical instruments, hunting, tracking, servile techniques. Some knowledge about botany and alchemy to make things from plants. And he also know quick first aide in battle.  He also knows how to sail ships and read maps. Along with that also has knowledge in a few kinds of combat. And that's about it.

ProfessionMercenary, bounty hunter, tracker, body guard.

Inventory:He usually has a combat knife strapped to his left forelegs. It was a gift from his mother so it very important to him. He also has a saddle bag with normal stuff like a water bladder, dyed or salted meat and veggies, throwing knives, rope,  two sharpening stones. But he also has a black dagger that can't be touched by magic. It was forged by one friend who's a blacksmith and inchanted by another friend who is a pretty strong unicorn. 

But he ain't a Marry Sue. He has a few weaknesses. He gets depressed and shows a very self destructive attitude. So he's mostly likly to be up for a suicide mission. He drinks and smokes a lot so he's not a 100% most of the time.  And her has a really, really mean temper, kinda like the Hulk. Though he doesn't get bigger or turn green. But he douse get a bit of a strength increase, So it's kind hard to calm him down when he gets like that. But he has a very long fuse so he doesn't get mad a lot. Mostly irritated or annoyed. 

@@SilverHeart,

And finally done! ^^

Name: Phantom Dancer

Race: Pegasus

Appearance: Phantom is of average height, but his build is very slim and toned. His medium length mane and tail are usually white, but he regularly applies different dyes to change its colour depending on his mood. His natural colour is grey, but he tends to apply dye to that as well. His eyes are bright green and have a slight shine to them, and his mane tends to drape in front of his face at times. He is often seen smiling. However, when he’s on a contract, he dresses in a dark purple cloak or coat and wears a white mask with a jagged red grin carved into it. Behind the mask, he has a completely emotionless expression.

Backstory: Phantom was a circus pony who wanted nothing more than to smile. With two sisters, a brother and his parents, Phantom knew he should be happy but he never really felt that way. He constantly felt lonely and depressed despite a loving family and being surrounded by other ponies. He always tried hard to master the routines his parents would go through and trained himself to be flexible. Eventually, he was given the chance to be part of the act and he felt happier, smiling for the first time, though it was short-lived and he went back to being his old self in no time.

One day, his parents were killed in an accident during an act, and Phantom had no idea how to deal with it, keeping it all inside where he thought it couldn’t hurt anypony. The result wasn’t pretty on the young colt. He became emotional and increasingly unstable, prone to moodswings and terrible bouts of violence. Eventually, he was sent to a mental clinic to be treated.

When he was released, he was saner, but definitely not the same. While he was at least happier and looked like he was happier, he started to seem like he was analysing everypony around him. Initially, he believed somepony messed with the net so his parents would die. He abandoned his old name and began to study alchemy, stealth, and the art of assassination.

Years later, what began as a circus pony’s quest for revenge had become a pony willingly hiring himself out as a hitpony. He’d taken up the name Phantom Dancer in reference to his coat and mane colours as well as his acrobatics and literal dancing, and was simply an assassin doing work for ponies who’d hire him. But life may have some surprises in store for him. Whether they will redeem or condemn this pony remains to be seen…

Cutie Mark and what it means: A grey smiling mask. It represents his neutral stance on morality, which often translates to his work as an assassin.

Any special Skills or Knowledge:
-Alchemy. He has a basic understanding of alchemy, usually putting this skill to work identifying common poisons or making a simple one of his own.
-Stealthy. He is capable of being quiet and discreet. However, he is not invisible and generally sticks to shadows and hiding places when he has the opportunity.
-Acrobatic fighting style. In the event Phantom is discovered, he resorts to an acrobatic style in order to remain a moving target and possibly escape or create a more advantageous situation. As a result, he is lightly armoured or unarmoured to preserve speed and freedom of movement.
-Average flyer. His flying ability is average and unsuited to high-speed flight for extended periods. He can use it for short bursts of speed to assist his acrobatics.
-Decent perception. He is able to notice some finer details more easily than others, which he often put to use to track his targets or other ponies or leads.
-Combat Pragmatist. If he possesses any sort of creed or ideals, none of them apply to combat. He will look for advantages and exploit them where and when he can.

Profession: Assassin.
Reason for being in Canterlot, assuming that your character doesn't live there: Seeking assassination contracts.

Inventory: Nothing
Preferred Starting weapon: Wingblades and Tail-whip.

@@SilverHeart,

I've thought about it some more, and I just keep coming up with problems regarding keeping Ebony as a bat pony. We still have the most prominent issue of bat ponies canonically having no mention during the Three Tribes era so we'd need to come up with their culture ourselves which would take a bit of effort. But since we're going with version 1, that means we have the potential to explore racial tensions between races, and since it's unlikely anyone else will have a bat pony character, this'll mean racial tensions will put Ebony at odds with everypony else. Being at odds with some ponies makes things interesting, but being at odds with everypony else is going a bit too far and won't be as interesting. Also, a bit of a minor point: Bat pony wings are different to pegasi wings, so wing blades probably won't fit bat pony wings as well as pegasi wings. The more I think about it, the less likely it seems that we can get bat ponies to work, and even if we could it would probably take a lot of effort that I'm not really willing to put in anymore. So, now I've decided to simply make Ebony be a pegasus for this RP instead of trying to overcome all these problems.

I haven't been getting as much free time lately as I thought, so there's still not much progress on Ebony. But I've got a few ideas down, so there is some progress. Although you mentioned we should now focus on a backstory specific to this RP once you've gone over the current state of the world, so that will help make sure I come up with a good backstory for this RP at least. It'll also give me a chance to come up with a better reason for why Ebony's in Canterlot, since I'm not very happy with the idea I currently have for that.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

There's nothing I can do if you aren't willing to create or try a new character. I'm sorry but your character doesn't fit in with what I have planned. 

@@Toon Richard,

I'm afraid I can't accept your character. This is a ponies only roleplay. I'm sorry to say that your character is also extremely undeveloped, you may want to flesh them out a bit more. It will only help you in the long run.

@@Gloomfury,

Accepted, though please remember that I have disallowed human weapons, such as knives. I don't believe griffons would use human weapons either, since they already have natural predatory traits (A beak and claws for tearing flesh) they would most likely come up with weapons that help to exaggerate their natural abilities. 

@@Windbreaker,

Accepted.

@@FortyTwo42,  

Ah very well, like I said though if you want some help coming up with something, feel free to message me. I already came up with three different cultures for the three tribes, I don't see why it would be too hard to come up with something for Batponies/Thestrals. That said you are correct that it would put you at odds, I've done these RP's before and sadly most players just ignore the racial aspect, so you would be fine. That said, the NPC's and characters I control probably won't be as accommodating to some blind, sub-pony whore. Either that or they'll be totally terrified since they've never seen a pony with bat wings and will think she's a demon or something. Though if you still want to go with being a Pegasus that's quite fine with me too.

@@FortyTwo42,  

Ah very well, like I said though if you want some help coming up with something, feel free to message me. I already came up with three different cultures for the three tribes, I don't see why it would be too hard to come up with something for Batponies/Thestrals. That said you are correct that it would put you at odds, I've done these RP's before and sadly most players just ignore the racial aspect, so you would be fine. That said, the NPC's and characters I control probably won't be as accommodating to some blind, sub-pony whore. Either that or they'll be totally terrified since they've never seen a pony with bat wings and will think she's a demon or something. Though if you still want to go with being a Pegasus that's quite fine with me too.

When you put it like that, having a bat pony character suddenly sounds much more fun, especially with the bolded part! The high chance of having racial tension between every other OC was my biggest reason why I couldn't see this working. But if that probably won't be an issue and the racial aspect will mainly come from either prejudiced or terrified NPCs, that now lines up very well with how I'd like a bat pony to fit into all this. Pegasus OCs also seem to be really popular here, so making Ebony not be a pegasus will help even out how many OCs of each race there are. Since we've now decided on what version 1 of the RP, I'll message you so we can work on the bat pony culture together. Keep in mind I'm still happy to make Ebony be a pegasus if it turns out we can't get bat pony culture to work in the end.

Edited by FortyTwo42
  • Brohoof 1

@@SilverHeart

Lately I've been obsessed with the concept of minotaurs, mainly because they've barely been used or further elaborated upon in any RP I've been in so far. I know you said you wouldn't allow non-ponies most of the time, and I doubt you'd be allowing this, but I still cant help to ask. I'm trying to explore what kind of things I can do with this race, and I'm trying to remain as responsible as possible when it comes to their abilities, personalities and history.

I personally feel like I'm an experienced enough roleplayer to know how to roleplay such severely different characters. However, if you really believe that it is a bad idea to allow a minotaur in your RP, I'll respect that and try to create a different, pony-raced character.

At any rate, I'm quite interested in the idea of this RP! I hope you'll accept me even though I haven't been too reliable in bloodlines. 

@@Scribblegroove

I'm afraid I can't allow a Minotaur. While I'm sure you would have no trouble playing one or doing a good job at it, the curse only affects Cutie Marks.  Not to mention that this at a time when the ponies can barely tolerate each other, I doubt Unicorns would allow a non-pony like a Minotaur into their capitol for much of anything. That said, whenever I do another RP I'll open it up to other species since I have to keep turning down characters that would otherwise have been interesting.asd

And sure, I'll accept you. If you want to wait a bit for me to officially type out what the "tribes" are like I'll probably get to that tomorrow or tonight, if I finish all my classwork early enough. 

@@Gloomfury

You're correct that spears are in the show however knives were not weapons before Spears. While the earliest known knife-like tool is over 2.5 million years old, which outdates the first Human spear by by 2.25 million years, Humanity already had a far more effective weapon at the time. The Club. The Club renders the knife obsolete in combat since it offers more range. Not to mention, knives at the time would need to be very short due to the fact that they could only be made of Flint. I'm sure you also understand that short knives are decidedly unlethal unless you target a few certain areas in the body. 

Since they weren't useful as weapons, they were only used as tools. The discovery of Copper in the year 7000 BC would change our abilities to use metals and finally made knives and scythes viable for agriculture work. However Copper is far far too weak to be useful in combat. It breaks, shatters, and chips quite easily. It took a further 4000 years (2800 BC) for us to discover Bronze, the first metal that would prove combat worthy. 

This brings me to my point that, spears are at the very least 250,000 years old and outdate the knife as a weapon by 248,000 years. I consider myself to be somewhat of a History scholar and nothing tickles my fancy like weapons and armor. 

As for ponies having Spears in the show, I can't imagine that they would have invented spears on their own. My guess would be they were Minotaur or Diamond Dog weapons (Since they both seem like they would have the ability to properly use a spear) and the ponies co-opted them. 

Basically, yes. Ponies do have knives they are however tools and are not used in warfare. At best maybe self-defense but even then only Unicorns would be able to use them without handicapping themselves.

@@SilverHeart,

... But I like knives. And like you said be for Griffons wont have a use for it, they could use them for a little more reach then their normal claws. Also since ponies are able to hold thing in there hooves along with their mouths they should be able to use knives as weapons like spears.  Cause the sizes of a spear staff ain't always thicker then a knife handle.  And griffons cant really do everything with their claws.

They would get dull. So maybe they use knives so they wont have to use their talons. Cause like you said, its a tool. And tools are made to make things easier for others, that means for killing or fighting as well. And who knows, the Minotaurs could have made them as well and the griffons could have picked up how to make them and use them.

So please could you just let Gloom have his knife? It's kinda like the only thing he really cares about.

If Gryphons wanted extra reach, why would they invent a knife which is completely different from their natural range of motion? Wouldn't they invent a set of War Talons instead, since that augments their natural motion?

To make something like that they would probable need to strap them to their claws or something.  Plus something like that sounds like they would get stuck and hard to pull out, then they'd wast time undoing the straps. But if they didn't have straps they would still get stuk. Plus war claws sound like they take time to make where as a knife can be mast produced in no time.

First off I could like to apologize for not posting today like I promised, I got a virus on my computer last night and unfortunately nothing I did would get rid of it (or even identify it). That's also what I spent most of today trying to do. Eventually I had to format the hard drives and re-install the operating system. The virus made it impossible to use any browser. I'll try to post the world information I have come up with tomorrow.

@@Gloomfury

Honestly, a War Talon would most likely be the exact same thing as a gauntlet, just with armored claws that have been sharpened and made to extend the claws instead of just protect the fingers. You would just slip it on and there would be no straps. 

As for how long they would take to make you're right knives would be faster....however saying they would be easily mass produced would only work with today's technology. A terribly made very short knife takes at least eight to ten hours to make, if you're using a wooden handle. If you want to temper and heat treat the knife it would take much longer. A pair of gauntlets would take, I assume 40-120 hours of work depending on the quality. I could be wrong on that though. I've never made gauntlets before nor have I ever asked any armorers about it. Anyway, the point is moot though, because knives aren't very useful weapons for close quarters combat when every one has bigger and meaner weapons than you. 

Knives are only carried by troops now as tools and as weapons in extreme situations. They are also very portable and light. When you're carrying an 80-100 pound Kit in combat a half pound 6 inch knife sounds quite nice compared to anything larger.

As for Gloomfury....fine. Keep the knife. I don't see why it would be so hard to choose another weapon and have it be an heirloom like the knife is. My caveat to letting you break the rules is that you shouldn't expect the knife to be too useful in combat situations. However it can be a nice tool.