Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Holy Cow, Guess What Babs Seeds' Cutie Mark Looks Like?

Batbrony

OK, so I just started rewatching "Bloom and Gloom," and you'll never believe what I noticed Babs's scissor cutie mark looked like upon closer inspection!

img-3699244-1-babs_seed_cutie_mark_by_xe

That's right, the base of the scissors looks like a sliced apple, with seeds near the center and even a little green stem on the side.  I guess there's not much to discuss about this since it's just a fun little observation (probably signifies her being a part of the Apple family rather than anything to do with her special talent itself), but feel free to chat about any other fun observations you've all made about other cutie marks in the show.  :catface:

• Brohoof 14

I totally didn't notice that but that is such a cute little detail oh my gosh thank you for pointing it out  :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I totally didn't notice that but that is such a cute little detail oh my gosh thank you for pointing it out  :wub:

I know, I love little details like that, they're so cool!!!  :wub:

Wow! That's interesting. Now time to figure out what the cutie mark means.

Well I thought they were pretty clear that it meant she's gonna be a hairdresser (or manedresser?) given that Sweetie Belle mentioned that she was always futzing with her mane and tail (I liked that little detail too, including the tail as something they'd groom along with their manes), but I guess we'll know for sure next time she shows up.  :)

Would you really want your hair cut by someone with no fingers?

I'll admit, I'm still trying to figure out how exactly that's supposed to work for an earth pony.  :wat:

• Brohoof 3

Still doesn't explain how that kind of pair of scissors is supposed to cut, though. :P

I'll admit, I'm still trying to figure out how exactly that's supposed to work for an earth pony.  :wat:

Maybe they operate scissors using both their forelegs while standing on their hind hooves.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe they operate scissors using both their forelegs while standing on their hind hooves.

I won't lie, I kinda hope she holds them with her mouth, just because that would take the "What The Buck" levels through the roof!  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

I won't lie, I kinda hope she holds them with her mouth, just because that would take the "What The Buck" levels through the roof!  :comeatus:

That would be epic in a hilarious sort of way. I'm thinking the scissors are really big and she just uses a hoof for each side. There's just no other way that isn't...pffft....funny.... :P

• Brohoof 1

@@Batbrony

Just letting you know I added a spoiler prefix to the thread. :)

• Brohoof 1

Awww, it's nice to see that no matter what her destiny is, she's still an apple to the core. That must mean that Applebloom's cutie mark will most likely have an apple theme to it even if she's destined for something outside of Sweet Apple Acres, which means she probably doesn't need to be afraid of what it might be. Either way, Babs's cutie mark opens the door to the idea of lineage sometimes impacting cutie marks. Maybe it means that they aren't necessarily reflective of one simple meaning, and maybe more than one meaning can be woven into them. In this case, it might mean that Babs is destined for some kind of barber/salon career, but will remember her roots.

As for how ponies operate scissors, I would assume they use their front hooves like they do with any number of objects. I don't know how they get by without thumbs or even fingers, but if we start questioning these things it all falls apart. That does make me wonder what a Pony Tales-esque series set in the current decade would be like. Imagine if ponies have to operate smart phones.

• Brohoof 1

Wut, how come no one noticed that earlier?

I guess Applebloom will get something similar, even if her cutie mark isn't apples related.

Edited by Blobulle

Wow, and here I was disappointed that Babs's cutie mark is not apple related (since she's part of an Apple family) Great attention to a detail, I would never find that out.

• Brohoof 1

@@Batbrony

Just letting you know I added a spoiler prefix to the thread. :)

That's cool, I wasn't sure if something this small qualified as a spoiler, but hey, your call.  :proud:

Would it be okay to ask when this was shown? I don't recall Babs being visible with her CM in the episode at all, just mentioned.

Yeah, it was as shown at the very start for about two seconds when Apple Bloom showed the letter Babs had written about getting her cutie mark.  It was right at the bottom of the letter next to where Babs signed her name.

Would it be okay to ask when this was shown? I don't recall Babs being visible with her CM in the episode at all, just mentioned.

When the CMC were in the clubhouse if you look really closely at the letter that Apple Bloom holds up you can see the cutie mark at the bottom of it, it is kinda small but it is there.

That's cool, I wasn't sure if something this small qualified as a spoiler, but hey, your call.  :proud:

Yeah, it was as shown at the very start for about two seconds when Apple Bloom showed the letter Babs had written about getting her cutie mark.  It was right at the bottom of the letter next to where Babs signed her name.

Hmm, must have had to freeze the footage or something. I don't even recall ever seeing the letter, just Bloom talking about it. K thanks.

When the CMC were in the clubhouse if you look really closely at the letter that Apple Bloom holds up you can see the cutie mark at the bottom of it, it is kinda small but it is there.

You're a little late, but thanks to you too.

Hmm, must have had to freeze the footage or something. I don't even recall ever seeing the letter, just Bloom talking about it. K thanks.

You're a little late, but thanks to you too.

Yeah, I didn't see the other post :P