Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Customization On Mobile Site

Love//Hack
Go to solution Solved by Lightwing,

I don't know if this has been answered or not and quite frankly I'm annoyed with it, but why can't we use emotes and customizations on the mobile version? By customization, I mean like text color, making letters and words bold, underlining words and phrases, and such so on. My computer of course has them but whenever I go on the site on my iPad I can't do any of that or use any emotes. I'd like it better if we had them on the mobile site since I can't use my computer right now to use a image for my signiature. I'm sure others are annoyed about this as well and I'm not the only one. :/

• Brohoof 1

I'm unsure of what browser you use but if you use Chrome, there is an option to request the desktop version of the site, which will give you the editing options back that you are looking for. You must use the full version of the site for this to work. Alternatively, you can also manually input the BBCode if you know what does what. Hope this helps! :)

I don't know if this has been answered or not and quite frankly I'm annoyed with it, but why can't we use emotes and customizations on the mobile version? By customization, I mean like text color, making letters and words bold, underlining words and phrases, and such so on. My computer of course has them but whenever I go on the site on my iPad I can't do any of that or use any emotes. I'd like it better if we had them on the mobile site since I can't use my computer right now to use a image for my signiature. I'm sure others are annoyed about this as well and I'm not the only one. :/

The mobile version is not in house or custom designed. It is what comes with the forum software we use, IPB. It does have its ... flaws.

If you would prefer to use the desktop site just scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Full Version" button

• Brohoof 1

As a user of the mobile site daily, I can say that you can access emotes on mobile by remembering the codes for them. ;)

Eg. You can type in "lol" between colons to get a pinkie emote. Eg.. :lol.:

You can check on the desktop site for the codes by hovering over the emotes.

Likewise you can use text color, italics, bold, a similar way to adding spoilers. Eg. To bold, just type in [ b] whatever you wan bolded [/b]

A sidetone, Personally I think some emote "legend" should be added somewhere for us users of the mobile site.

Because sometimes things such as grin2, ph34r aren't the easiest to remember! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Mobile version cannot be customized at the time. It would require custom content, and there're already higher priorities before even working on that.

But there're temporary solutions to your issues:

-This list gives you all the codes that can be used on MLPForums currently, for example, the color one

-This list gives you the codes for all the current emoticons.

-Also, you can always change to a Full Version and use the Show Desktop Version button that many browsers do have. This will enable the Text Editor on mobile devices, and give you more freedom to edit texts.

• Brohoof 2

The mobile version is not in house or custom designed. It is what comes with the forum software we use, IPB. It does have its ... flaws.

If you would prefer to use the desktop site just scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Full Version" button

As a user of the mobile site daily, I can say that you can access emotes on mobile by remembering the codes for them. ;)

Eg. You can type in "lol" between colons to get a pinkie emote. Eg.. :lol.:

You can check on the desktop site for the codes by hovering over the emotes.

Likewise you can use text color, italics, bold, a similar way to adding spoilers. Eg. To bold, just type in [ b] whatever you wan bolded [/b]

A sidetone, Personally I think some emote "legend" should be added somewhere for us users of the mobile site.

Because sometimes things such as grin2, ph34r aren't the easiest to remember! ^_^

Mobile version cannot be customized at the time. It would require custom content, and there're already higher priorities before even working on that.

But there're temporary solutions to your issues:

-This list gives you all the codes that can be used on MLPForums currently, for example, the color one

-This list gives you the codes for all the current emoticons.

-Also, you can always change to a Full Version and use the Show Desktop Version button that many browsers do have. This will enable the Text Editor on mobile devices, and give you more freedom to edit texts.

Ah, thank you very much all of you for these answers and these were very helpful. :lol:

• 1 month later...

OP has been answered, and appears to be satisfied with it. Locking the thread.

If you have any further questions, feel free to start a new thread.