Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Silent Hills officially canceled

Shadowking58

http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816

The horror game that took many by excitement, Silent Hills. Was officially canceled. There was actually a title on the Playstation Store called "P.T." Which was actually a playable teaser for the game. (Hence the name.) But now it looks like the game will be no more. It's a shame because so many horror fans were looking forward to this game.

But don't worry. We'll be getting Five Night's at Freddy's 4 in it's place! How great is that!?  >_>

uN86h7k.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Uhg, there aren't many good horror games that top Silent Hill. It's good I still play the old ones, speed-running the first SH in under an hour. Shame though.

Getting nasty Megaman Legends 3 reminders from all of this

Supposedly it has to do a lot with MGS V And Something With Kojima. Speculation is he is leaving Konami, and he left the game so he had no loose ends or something around thoese lines.

It's pretty much been confirmed that he's leaving Konami at this point, though MGSV has nothing to do with any of this

• Brohoof 2

Silent Hills was one of Kojima's projects. Without him it basically fell through. Metal Gear Solid V is either mostly complete by now or Kojima only ever had a small hand in it anyway.

There's been rumblings that Konami may be getting out of the gaming business entirely but I don't know where that's coming from. If it's true I'm more worried that there may not be another Castlevania.

But don't worry. We'll be getting Five Night's at Freddy's 4 in it's place! How great is that!?  >_>

I'm just as sad as the next Silent Hill fan, but don't drag FNaF into this. It's not like it called Konami and told them to cancel the game xD

http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816

The horror game that took many by excitement, Silent Hills. Was officially canceled. There was actually a title on the Playstation Store called "P.T." Which was actually a playable teaser for the game. (Hence the name.) But now it looks like the game will be no more. It's a shame because so many horror fans were looking forward to this game.

img-3710422-1-uN86h7k.jpg

No *cries* not another fnaf

I was being sarcastic when I said that

Well yeah, I realize you were being sarcastic when you were saying it was "great" but it still reads like a jab at the series, and I never understood the irrational hate FNaF gets. I'm usually on sites like Kotaku, so it's something that's come up a lot recently since the developer is teasing a new FNaF, like you mentioned.

Regardless, that's neither here nor there. Something more important to note to everyone here: If you want to ever play P.T. be sure to do it today because they're taking it off of the PSN Store tonight.

Edited by TenorSounds

Well yeah, I realize you were being sarcastic when you were saying it was "great" but it still reads like a jab at the series, and I never understood the irrational hate FNaF gets. I'm usually on sites like Kotaku, so it's something that's come up a lot recently since the developer is teasing a new FNaF, like you mentioned.

Regardless, that's neither here nor there. Something more important to note to everyone here: If you want to ever play P.T. be sure to do it today because they're taking it off of the PSN Store tonight.

The reason people dislike it is the fanbase. Literally every video I go there is at least three dudes talking about the identity of purple guy.

Can't say I'm surprised... but I'm disappointed. All I wanted was a good Silent Hill game again, and this one showed such promise from the P.T. Now all because Konami and Kojima couldn't see eye to eye we get shafted once again.

Also feel kinda bad for del Torro, this is the second game he's had scrapped if I'm not wrong. He's had a bad run..

The reason people dislike it is the fanbase. Literally every video I go there is at least three dudes talking about the identity of purple guy.

And why is that a bad thing? The purple guy is a mysterious part of the game that people like talking about. Might as well say all theory-crafting for ALL fandoms is annoying and unneeded. And yet here we are on a MLP forum, where plenty of people talk about stuff like a small thing showing up in one frame in one episode and what it could mean for season 7 :\

But anyway, back to Silent Hills; it's just a really big disappointment that this fell through. I'm not surprised after the falling-out that Konami and Kojima had/are having, but I guess I was hoping this would survive that somehow.

I wonder if there's any credence to the idea that Konami is straight-up backing out of game development entirely?

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a PS4. But I already "Purchased" P.T. So I can download it whenever I get a PS4

I don't have a PS4. But I already "Purchased" P.T. So I can download it whenever I get a PS4

That may work, but there's no guarantee that they're not just removing it entirely. It's still technically a demo, and they're allowed to "lock" those out (as opposed to a full game which you can always re-download after you've purchased it).

That may work, but there's no guarantee that they're not just removing it entirely. It's still technically a demo, and they're allowed to "lock" those out (as opposed to a full game which you can always re-download after you've purchased it).

Any thing you've purchased you can download whenever. At least. I think so

Any thing you've purchased you can download whenever. At least. I think so

Generally yes, I'm just saying that based on what I know about the PSN Store that doesn't necessarily apply to demos. You might be able to download it, you might not; it's free, so they're not legally obligated to make sure those who "purchase" the demo are able to re-download it.

On the bright side, we'll get another shitty Resident Evil game, how cool is that?

Wait, really? Did they announce another one, or are you referring to Revelations 2?

Wait, really? Did they announce another one, or are you referring to Revelations 2?

I'm joking and I'm not referring to Revelations 2. Just thought I'd join in the sarcasm.

I'm joking and I'm not referring to Revelations 2. Just thought I'd join in the sarcasm.

Hahaha...I'm starting to think that at least a few people in this thread are terrible at sarcasm x3