Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Older seasons VS Newer seasons.

Deano

Do you prefer the older/newer seasons?  

33 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the older/newer seasons?

• Older (Seasons 1 to 3)
    • Newer (Seasons 4 to 5)

(edited)

Season 1 episode 1 is what got me into the show, and I pretty much liked all seasons, so choosing a favourite would be difficult. 

I think by season 4 the producers were well aware of their older fanbase and started to cater much more to them, like the fight with Tirek.

But I like the older seasons. They're simple and fun. Though season 5's episodes have really made me laugh.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

(edited)

Sure the older seasons has alot of nostalgia to them, But I like the new seasons alot more myself.

I was hoping no one would use the word "nostalgia" in this topic. xD  I don't think nostalgia applies to something from a scant four to five years prior that you have immediate access to on Youtube or Netflix or DVD or your MP3 player (reminds me to load pony songs onto my MP3 player in the future) just whenever you'd like.  You can get nostalgic for early episodes of The Simpsons, but, relatively speaking, FIM hasn't been around all that long.

There's something to like in every season.  This season's not even half way done yet.  Sure, I prefer slice o' life to DBZ-esque battles against enormous centaur freaks.  But I still want to enjoy the series for what it is now.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

I in all seriousenes get alot of nostalgia watching season 1 and 2 though, Just like i get alot of nostalgia playing minecraft beta... I haven't been around all that long either you know :)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I personally consider season 3 an older season since it's not until the end that Twilicorn happens

I saw the rumors that Twilight would become an alicorn (not specifically princess from what I remember, but just alicorn) pretty much right as/after the first episode of Season 3 premiered. So that aspect simply hung over my head despite intentionally avoiding visiting places online where the rumors would be discussed further, making it more of a "newer" portion of the show.

I honestly don't know how to vote in this.  For me each season is it's own flavor. Season 1 was different from Season 2 as much as Season 4 is from Season 5. I mean Season 1 is a different beast from Season 5, yet because it's been a gradual shift over the years (anyone else find it really odd that MLP is turning 5? I mean I know time flies but where the hell did those 5 years go?), it's hard to say what exactly has changed. 

I do not know what is better, even though that Season 1 was mostly based around Twilight's friendship lessons but by Season 2 there was a larger focus on the other charaters. Season 3 focused on the Crystal Empire at first and it continued the theme of Focusing on the other charaters. By Season 4 the episodes were focused around the keys of harmony and the friendship journal and the Equestria Games. The current season focuses on Cutie Marks and how Twilight is the Princess of Friendship.

(edited)

Season 1 and 2 were the better lot. Twilight Sparkle was way more entertaining by having some antics of her own. Fluttershy losing it has been some of her more entertaining moments and she doesn't do her shy mewing anymore.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1