Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Name, Connection Between Celestia and Luna?

Ethereal

so i was watching the awesome PMV, the stars will aide in her escape (cosmic love) when it hit me, twilight is the time between day and night, when it's not dark enough to be night or light enough to be day, or in other words, Twilight is the connector between Celestia(day) and Luna(night). has anyone else realized this? could this have any important meaning?

discuss

• Brohoof 15

interesting thought, that is probably a likely story as to how they created her name, i never really had a clue as to why they named her that, but hey, its not my job i guess

Everytime I read one of these things they make so much sense and then I think "Why the hell didn't I think of that?"

Well this^

I'd also like to think that Celestia keeps Twilight Sparkle as her student not just for Twilight's sake, but because she sees Twilight as the little sister she wishes she had when she had to send Luna to the moon. Luna is back but 1000 years older which is a lot of missed time, even for Alicorns. I'm also guessing that perhaps Luna and Celestia are not as close as they used to be so Twilight is like a Luna replacement.

so i was watching the awesome PMV, the stars will aide in her escape (cosmic love) when it hit me, twilight is the time between day and night, when it's not dark enough to be night or light enough to be day, or in other words, Twilight is the connector between Celestia(day) and Luna(night). has anyone else realized this? could this have any important meaning?

discuss

*loud gasp* Twilight(the time between night and day) is also considered to be a magical time of day :o

• Brohoof 2

When the five are present, a spark'll cause the sixth Element to be revealed.

A "spark'll"? As in Twilight Spark'll? Yeah, okay, the contraction is mine (the script says "spark will"). Still, a fun little pun.

I think Twilight's position between day and night is deliberate symbolism and does indeed represent the fact that she, along with her friends, brought Celestia (day) and Luna (night) together using the Elements of Harmony.

Other aspects of her character, such as her fancy tiara (where the other ponies get necklaces) and her crazy magical powers (after Celestia and Luna, she's probably the most powerful unicorn in Equestria) suggest she has not only a very important role in the series, but an important role in the history of Equestria.

Clearly Celestia has been grooming her for something big, and probably not just as a wielder of the Elements.

OP, my mind = blown, and why did I not think of this before?!

Other aspects of her character, such as her fancy tiara (where the other ponies get necklaces) and her crazy magical powers (after Celestia and Luna, she's probably the most powerful unicorn in Equestria) suggest she has not only a very important role in the series, but an important role in the history of Equestria.

Clearly Celestia has been grooming her for something big, and probably not just as a wielder of the Elements.

I couldn't figure out why she got a tiara, but now it is all making sense! If this doesn't happen, I will be very confused about why not!

interesting thought, that is probably a likely story as to how they created her name, i never really had a clue as to why they named her that, but hey, its not my job i guess

There was a G1 pony named Twilight who served as a base for our Twilight Sparkle

i realised just now that some people say they see a flash of light at twilight, sometimes known as the green flash. i guess you could call it a *twilight sparkle*. I think it seems twilight has a greater role here than Celestia's personal student and the one who defeated nightmare moon (and discord). Celestia is definitely preparing Twilight for something important but what could it be? i doubt it could be taking the throne since the Alicorns are basically immortal. Did anyone else notice that it seems Celestia almost deliberately forced twilight to wield the elements herself by not using them when she was in control of them? She probably knew that only the last person to wield the elements perfectly could use them and yet let that control fall into the hands of the mane 6.

Twilight did free Luna at the end of the second episode. So technically, that would still be correct. She did aid in her escape.

i realised just now that some people say they see a flash of light at twilight, sometimes known as the green flash. i guess you could call it a *twilight sparkle*. I think it seems twilight has a greater role here than Celestia's personal student and the one who defeated nightmare moon (and discord). Celestia is definitely preparing Twilight for something important but what could it be? i doubt it could be taking the throne since the Alicorns are basically immortal. Did anyone else notice that it seems Celestia almost deliberately forced twilight to wield the elements herself by not using them when she was in control of them? She probably knew that only the last person to wield the elements perfectly could use them and yet let that control fall into the hands of the mane 6.

The taking the throne thing would be kind of funny, but I don't know if they'll go that route with the plot or not. Of course, it could still be a possibility. It could be one of those things, where the Elements of Harmony are what allowed them (Celestia and Luna) to live so long. Or (more likely) it could be that the rightful ruler of Equestria can use the Elements of Harmony. If either of these is the case, then it would support my theory about their ages. Celestia may not have mentioned this to Twilight, because she was waiting until she 'came of age' (which is a fancy way of saying, turned 18). If Twilight was already in her twenties, there'd be no reason for Celestia to keep this information from her past maybe the first season.

Not that this is definitely the case, but I really don't have any other good theories.

Edited by SBaby

I never noticed this before, but now that you mention it, everything does make sense. This will require more investigation. Sherlock Pinkie!! We need a Detective! We must get to the bottom of this! ^_^