Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anypony a vegetarian?

hoofian

• 2 years later...

I am and have been a vegetarian for almost one year now and I'm very proud of myself.

I don't preach about becoming a vegetarian either and have lots of meat loving friends and I don't hate them.

However, I do want to become a vegan one day. 

I love meat, it's tasty :wub:

However, I have found myself eating more Vegetarian dishes at restaurants due to some stomach complications that popped up a few months ago (harder something is to digest, worse the problems got). If I had to go on a short-term Vegetarian diet, I wouldn't have any objections (especially if it will help heal my stomach issues) ;)

Edited by ScribbleSquabble
  • Brohoof 1

I tried being a vegetarian a couple years ago, and I didn't like it. But I can eat fewer meats should I choose to. I believe too much meat is bad for you at younger-moderate ages (the bad lipoproteins / proteins / cancerous stuff). 

I guess try to eat leaner meats if you can or just don't eat as many fatty meats. 

LOVE MEAT! I love meat in my mouth! I love the way it explodes with juice in my mouth. I really, really love meat; and everything about it! I love meat all over me, I love to eat all kinds of meat. You know, white meat, uh, dark meat, uh, all kinds of meat, you know. I love meat. Why does these guys hate meat?

@ 0:44

I was a vegatarian for three months. Let me explain:

I was raised my whole life in the country, on a farm. When you do, and your family is rednecks, you dont have much of an option... meat is a neccessity. Once I turned 18, I began a personal journy, and one of my outcomes was that I felt I needed to be a vegatarian. Now, I am already a very skinny and athletic person, at 5'2", 120 pounds

But I had no idea about how else to get my protein. I got sick... i dropped to 97 pounds... i was pale and unenergetic... i was also battling depression, which did not help. Finally my mom forced me to go to te doctor who said I had no choice but to eat meat for my body to become healthy again. The first night I vomitted it all up, but soon I was back to feeling a bit more healthy. I hope to learn more about my diet, and return to vegetarianism some day.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I've recently started trying to consume as little meat as possible, but It's difficult since my family is pretty negative towards vegetarianism. The way the meat industry goes on today...it's like the Holocaust all over again, and it causes problems too big to ignore. So we need to lower the demand of meat drastically, but not necessarily eradicate it.

Edited by Ferg
  • Brohoof 1

I've been vegan for... probably 8 or 9 years and counting now, but I don't care what other people eat. :P

I've got all sorts of digestive problems, a bad dairy allergy... I found I had way, way more energy when I went vegan initially.  After 2 or 3 weeks, it was like night and day.  When I found out I had Crohn's disease and probably had it from when I was at least 12 or so, it was like... 'Oh.  That makes a bunch of sense.'  One of the things they tell you is most Crohn's sufferers have issues with dairy.  A lot of us apparently have issues with meat, too.

Weirdly, I never gained nor lost much weight.  Save a bit of money not buying meat, eating out less (because, you know, choice is pretty limited for us ;) ), but then turn around and spend some of that deciding to splurge on organic things or that extra-fancy dairy-free dark chocolate (omnom).

That said, I think PETA is silly and probably the 'vegan' equivalent of the 'Christian' Westboro Baptists - you want to grill up a steak?  Go for it.  I'll even help you cook it.  I made an Epic Meal Time-style bacon weave for a friend once.  But this works for me, helps me manage my condition, and yeah, notions of kindness towards animals and the environmental/food security bent do help a little, too. ^.^

I feel if I had the will power, I could easily be a vegetarian. I prefer having vegetarian meals over anything else, but in the long run I don't think I have the discipline to stick to it.

Edited by Ghoul

I am not a vegetarian or vegan. I like to eat meat and one of my favorite dishes (rheinsicher sauerbraten) is a meat dish. But I also like to eat vegetable or fruits and on some days, I also eat vegetarian dishes. 

Hi, I am a vegetarian although I do eat seafood and fish, cheese and dairy rarely. I have been a vegetarian for ten years.

I do it for the Animals first then my spirituality and health. If you have never seen the cruelty they do to animals so people can eat there dead decaying bodies is horrible.

And I am not sure which one posted about there friend being vegetarian for awhile who was always sick, they probably were not eating the right things and they also most likely didn't wait for there body to finish detoxing out the bad.

If any of you feel horrible, get headaches, heart burn or whatever grab baking soda and drink 1 teaspoon in 8oz of water. It will alkaline your body and get rid of it.

Ummmm...... ok now I feel self conscious. My post is not ment to hurt anypony so please do not take it that way.

I was a vegatarian for three months. Let me explain:

I was raised my whole life in the country, on a farm. When you do, and your family is rednecks, you dont have much of an option... meat is a neccessity. Once I turned 18, I began a personal journy, and one of my outcomes was that I felt I needed to be a vegatarian. Now, I am already a very skinny and athletic person, at 5'2", 120 pounds

But I had no idea about how else to get my protein. I got sick... i dropped to 97 pounds... i was pale and unenergetic... i was also battling depression, which did not help. Finally my mom forced me to go to te doctor who said I had no choice but to eat meat for my body to become healthy again. The first night I vomitted it all up, but soon I was back to feeling a bit more healthy. I hope to learn more about my diet, and return to vegetarianism some day.

There are certain foods out there that can be used a replacements for meat, such as protein bars and shakes.

But honestly, I do not recommend those.

Also I am FAR from a vegetarian, I eat meat on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep!

Been one for years now, I never found meat that great tasting to start with and the thought of eating it now makes me cringe in disgust. Watching other people eat it doesn't really bother me but I refuse to go near it. I did have to start taking vitamins for it but I'd say it's worth it.

• 4 years later...