Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I only know English. I learned a tiny bit of Spanish in elementary school but I hardly remember any of it.

To be honest, I don't have much interest in learning any other languages. Just knowing English is fine to me. Knowing Japanese to be able to import manga and read it would be cool, but then again that's just flat out stupid. There's no reason for me to need to learn a language for such a silly reason as that. Plus, learning Japanese would probably make me hate the American anime fanbase even more because then I'd realize even more how misplaced their random usage of Japanese words is. So... I'll pass. I don't need to be anymore annoyed by them. lol

I'm currently fluent in Bulgarian, German, and English. I have a C1 Sprachdiplom II in German (basically, a university education in the language), and finished German 12 in seventh grade with a final grade of 99%. My English is also apparently good enough for no one to believe I'm 16, and Bulgarian is simply what my family speaks with me.

But if there's one more language I want to learn really well, it's Japanese (just like many of you - seems to be a popular choice among bronies). I'm sure it'll be handy when I plan to break into video game development in a few years.

• Brohoof 3

My first language was Danish, but I switched to english when I was still young, so even though I can remember my Danish vocabulary, when I speak Danish on the rare occasion I tend to muddle my speech with English grammar. Dosen't really matter though, there aren't exactly a lot of people from Denmark in Australia thankfully. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to KNOW some foreign languages but I'm not too big on the actually having to spend time learning them part. If they could magickally just appear in my head, I'd like Russian, Spanish and Welsh please, maybe Lakota

I'm Danish and speak just fine English. My German is a bit rusty, but is fine for my needs.

I'd like to know Suomi though, now that would be fun :D

Especially after hearing this video.

First the Suomi version, and then in English ^^

• Brohoof 2

I speak French, but it's not a foreign language to me, since it's actually my first language!

That goes for Turkish in my case.

I'm also very much fluent in French, since that's where I've been spending the second half of my life so far.

And of course, English. Been learning since... what, primary school? And watching movies and shows (NCIS among others).

As for languages I'd like to learn... Japanese and Chinese were mentioned plenty of times. I'll jump on the bandwagon.

I also want to learn all the ancient languages (Latin, Greek, Hebrew) so that I can finally understand the meanings of names. When I was naturalized, I wanted to have a name whose meaning I knew; so I searched and found "Michael", which is awesome because it's a question for which I'm having fun seeking an answer.

but currently I'm studying the arcane ways of the moon language.

Holy Trollestia, WHERE do they teach moon language? I demand that you be my teacher, cuz nopony ever teaches that sort of thing around where I live.

Oh, and

Posted Image

This teaching has been spirally approved.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

Swedish is my first language, which automatically gives me a somewhat understanding of Norwegian; that is, I understand how it's spoken and written, but can't actually use it myself.

English is pretty much permanently etched into my brain, and I prefer using that language as opposed to Swedish. I find it a much more sophisticated language than Swedish, and I like how simple words sound infinitely better in that language.

I'm also learning French, starting next week. I is excite over it, and I think someone here understands why I want to learn that language in the first place. ;)

Swedish is my first language, which automatically gives me a somewhat understanding of Norwegian; that is, I understand how it's spoken and written, but can't actually use it myself.

English is pretty much permanently etched into my brain, and I prefer using that language as opposed to Swedish. I find it a much more sophisticated language than Swedish, and I like how simple words sound infinitely better in that language.

I'm also learning French, starting next week. I is excite over it, and I think someone here understands why I want to learn that language in the first place. ;)

Pretty much what Viscra said except i'm not learning French. I would definitely give Japanese a try if i had the time for it.

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1