Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WhiteDoveCreations is told to stop advertising on deviantART

Dave247

(edited)

Very sad news, WhiteDove, the best MLP plushies maker there is has received word form deviantART that they have received a cease and desist letter from Hasbro.

EDIT: As she took down her journal entry here is the article from EQD explaining the issue in more detail.

Edited by Dave247

(edited)

*Cough*

Anyway, that's too bad. Them DA staff, lol. Doesn't surprise me that much.

Shouldnt it be the other way around in that video?

Either way, Hasbro is stupid. They have virtually 0 market in the brony community, but yet they force people to stop. They don't target us at all except for maybe a very few things. I don't think they have any plushies targeted at use either.

Either way, I am not certain that I will never *ever* buy anything Hasbro related.

Edited by Bohtty

(edited)

Shouldnt it be the other way around in that video?

*shrug* Whichever way you want :3

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

First I was all:

Posted Image

Then I was like:

Posted Image

Now I'm all:

Posted Image

Seriously. What. The. Heck. Hasbro. How could you do that? I...I'm....I'm absolutely speechless (or textless, whatever) at them. I might be going out on a limb here in saying that I'm sure that they were 100 percent OK with everything that all of the bronies were doing like that.

Did I miss something here? Because I thought that was what was truly keeping the brony community and the fandom going, the fact that Hasbro was fine and alright with everypony making their own merch and selling it to the general public. I seriously feel like Hasbro's beginning to troll us here......let's just hope they don't start randomly c&ding even more innocent pony merch sellers out there....

• Brohoof 1

This isn't as bad as it sounds. They're only making her remove advertising and offers to sell through deviantART. As far as I can tell, she can still sell plushies through her eBay account.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDu3e8xCXc[/media]

*Cough*

Anyway, that's too bad. Them DA staff, lol. Doesn't surprise me that much.

Hopefully this is how things will turn out at the end... somehow...

Hopefully this is how things will turn out at the end... somehow...

I know she has no real control over it, but I still find it ironic that Lauren Faust bought an Lauren Pony plush from him, and now the company is making him stop XD

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This isn't as bad as it sounds. They're only making her remove advertising and offers to sell through deviantART. As far as I can tell, she can still sell plushies through her eBay account.

I was also thinking this but deviantART is where she pretty much hosted her business from and got all the awareness from so I'd think she'd have to go to some other site. Plus she can't do commissions on Ebay.

I know she has no real control over it, but I still find it ironic that Lauren Faust bought an Lauren Pony plush from him, and now the company is making him stop XD

I personally think that if she and other people from the show found out they wouldn't be too happy either and they in my mind are the only ones who at least have a chance to negotiate with Hasbro. Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

I personally think that if she and other people from the show found out they wouldn't be too happy either and they in my mind are the only ones who at least have a chance to negotiate with Hasbro.

Quick every-pony, time to go find Lauren and glomp let her know 8P

• Brohoof 2

I'm honestly wondering what was going on in their heads at the time...I mean the brony community is exactly WHAT powers their alternative fandom, heck it IS the alternative fandom, and it is one of, if not the biggest and most powerful fanbase of any culture on the Internet.

Hm...maybe it wasn't specifically directed towards the community as a whole.....yeah, screw what I said earlier, it was just probably something personal/legal wrong Hasbro had with that specific account....but wow....just wow, the biggest MLP Plushie seller on the planet....woosh...gone like that....

And here plushies/figurines were one of the biggest subsidiary communities of the bronies.

Hm...possible trolling to-be commenced? ;)

Hm...maybe it wasn't specifically directed towards the community as a whole.....yeah, screw what I said earlier, it was just probably something personal/legal wrong Hasbro had with that specific account....but wow....just wow, the biggest MLP Plushie seller on the planet....woosh...gone like that....

"This one person is making plushies on a rapid scale and doing better than any of our own (sucky) plushies? TO THE MOON! *shuts down operation*"

• Brohoof 1

"This one person is making plushies on a rapid scale and doing better than any of our own (sucky) plushies? TO THE MOON! *shuts down operation*"

Eeyup.....that sounds about right...

How funny that Hasbro of all people made the least accurate Celestia figure....I mean, I know the toy shouldn't really be the franchise's biggest succes these days, and they probably don't expect that at this point...but really? I mean, what, did they accidentally throw the original Celestia figure in with a red sock in the washing machine?! -___-

Well it is really quite a big copyright infrigment to sell merchandise of a franchise you do not own, although unless Hasbro is planning on releasing their own plushies (and I hope they do), it really didn't affect them at all. Maybe they ARE planning on releasing their own plushies.

(edited)

I was also thinking this but deviantART is where she pretty much hosted her business from and got all the awareness from so I'd think she'd have to go to some other site. Plus she can't do commissions on Ebay.

She is known well enough that she doesn't need to advertise through deviantART. Her work is constantly being posted on other sites such as Equestria Daily. In regards to commissions, she can do them through other sites such as tumblr. All is not lost people. Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 2

She is well known enough that she doesn't need to advertise through deviantART. Her work is constantly being posted on other sites such as Equestria Daily as well. In regards to commissions, she can do them through other sites such as tumblr. All is not lost people.

So, then, the almighty Hasbro has been trolled? O.o

But really, there still actually is a way for her to sell them? I'm....kinda...confused...I Has' lawyers said that her account filed copyright infringement? Doesn't that apply to her, including her other accounts?

(edited)

So, then, the almighty Hasbro has been trolled? O.o

But really, there still actually is a way for her to sell them? I'm....kinda...confused...I Has' lawyers said that her account filed copyright infringement? Doesn't that apply to her, including her other accounts?

No, it only applies to deviantART. See here:

The claim targets your use of your deviantART account to produce, advertise and sell plushies of the My Little Pony characters.

She was selling them on eBay and advertising through deviantART. Her eBay account is unaffected so she can still sell them, for now.

Edited by Apple Bloom

No, it only applies to deviantART. See here:

She was selling them on eBay and advertising through deviantART. Her eBay account is unaffected so she can still sell them, for now.

Oh, okay....well Hasbro better look out then....I don't know why they'd do such a thing...

She's had so much success for such a long time....were they just that ignorant? And how can you commit copyright infringement by selling plushies anyways? Aren't there like, hundreds of website ps among thousands of indivuals who sell those? :1

Oh, okay....well Hasbro better look out then....I don't know why they'd do such a thing...

She's had so much success for such a long time....were they just that ignorant? And how can you commit copyright infringement by selling plushies anyways? Aren't there like, hundreds of website ps among thousands of indivuals who sell those? :1

Yes, but she was using the copyrighted names and likenesses of characters in the show. It's the same as when a company makes a cheap knock off of, say an iPod, and blatantly names it "iPod". Sure there are many other plushie makers doing the same thing, but she is the most well known, arguably the best, and is selling them for ridiculously high prices. Unfortunately she became a target.

Yes, but she was using the copyrighted names and likenesses of characters in the show. It's the same as when a company makes a cheap knock off of, say an iPod, and blatantly names it "iPod". Sure there are many other plushie makers doing the same thing, but she is the most well known, arguably the best, and is selling them for ridiculously high prices. Unfortunately she became a target.

Oh...well that clears up a lot...

Though, I am still pondering a little....for I thought that Hasbro had much more of a firm knowledge grasp of the community... :| Well, now that we know that they don't approve this stuff, I'm not liking the looks of the future so much...

Oh...well that clears up a lot...

Though, I am still pondering a little....for I thought that Hasbro had much more of a firm knowledge grasp of the community... :| Well, now that we know that they don't approve this stuff, I'm not liking the looks of the future so much...

I don't like what they're doing but someone complained to Hasbro and, as a corporation, they have to value their customers. If someone complains about a copyright infringement and Hasbro does nothing about it, it looks bad on them. Because of this, I don't blame Hasbro, just as I didn't blame them with the Derpy incident. They have to do what they have to do.

I don't like what they're doing but someone complained to Hasbro and, as a corporation, they have to value their customers. If someone complains about a copyright infringement and Hasbro does nothing about it, it looks bad on them. Because of this, I don't blame Hasbro, just as I didn't blame them with the Derpy incident. They have to do what they have to do.

Hm...quite so. I wasn't thinking like a good corporation would...

To avoid bad circumstances for the show, this time the roles have been reversed, but now they make sense...just as they did to avoid stupid and useless lawsuits from that soccer mom legion.....but they had enough power to barricade leaving her old voice in there...it just sucks...why don't some people just mind their own business....I mean anyday now someone can complain about Snips and Snails for the very same reasons....sigh. ):

I mean anyday now someone can complain about Snips and Snails for the very same reasons....sigh. ):

:| I honestly hate Snips and Snails. Pointless, annoying characters imo. XD;

• Brohoof 1