Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality traits you can't stand

Shankveld

122 users have voted

1. 1. Which trait(s) annoy you the most?

• Selfish
    • Liar
    • Two-faced
    • Fake
    • Attention seeker
    • Has to always be right
    • Hypocrite
    • Cheater
    • Think they are better than others
    • Cocky
    • Annoying
    • Rude
    • Never stops talking
    • Ignorant
    • No personality
    • Homophobe
    • Always causing drama
    • Judgmental

"Look at me look at me! I'm a brony!"

Posted Image

"I love watching girl's show! And you're a hater because you don't!"

"Everyone hates us because we are so cool! We are so mainstream! There's so many of us!"

"You suck because you likes furries! You fapped to them!"

<insert some weird rant here>

Your everyday bandwagon-jumper :unsure:

Attention whoring, totally hypocrite (especially about love & tolerate), think that he's better than anyone else because he's a part of something big, very judgemental about others' tastes, and absolutely drama-prone

A total recipe for disaster. Thank god I only ever met three of them personally

Traits I have are: Selfish, Liar, Fake, Cocky, Rude, Ignorant, and judgemental :mellow:

The most unbearable person I've ever met IRL? That one boy who acts like FiM is the greatest thing ever graced the humanity, trying to shove it down to others' throat, even when they clearly stated that they doesn't want to.

• Brohoof 2

This is going to be long. Lol.

What I hate:

-Specifically in guys, the 'nice guy' trait. If you know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that being nice is bad. I'm talking about the attitude of self-proclaimed 'nice guys'. How whiny they are about always being "friend-zoned", how incredibly possessive they are over the girls they like, how every guy the girl dates is always instantaneously a 'bad guy' and wrong for her... etc.

I have one friend who has exhibited these traits. I find it very annoying, especially how I don't think he is the actually the nicest guy in the world. He treats the girls he likes really nicely (until, you know, she rejects him enough times) but the rest of us he doesn't so much. That's not nice. That's being two-faced. I'm not attracted to men, but if I were I most certainly would not want a man like that. You have to be nice altogether. You have to treat all women right, whether you like them that way or not. Oh, and men, too... Of course. Lol.

-Another personality trait I really do not care for is those who think they are higher than everybody else. Particularly, the type who buys into all of this crazy stuff and puts down everybody else for not believing in it and calling them sheep. There's this one girl on my Facebook who I knew in school who constantly posts links to all of this 'underground' news and constantly refers to everybody aside from her as 'sheeple'.

-Attention seeking. I used to be like this, it's one trait I have greatly tried to diminish. I was in two ways that I find very annoying now.:

First, the 'underground' attention seeker. That person who always hates everything mainstream, puts down people who enjoy anything mainstream, etc. I was a classical music snob, disregarding all rock music (except for soft rock) as noise and putting down those who listen to it. All while not giving much rock music any chance. I was close-minded and just wanted attention in reality. Hating something popular gets you attention.

Second, being whiny. This isn't all attention-seeking, though. But it very much can be. I think what annoys me the most about whiners is that they don't realize what they have. They think their life sucks... Most of the time for the most silly reasons. Reasons that are temporary. Acting like this is one of my greatest regrets. You really never know what you have, you should always treasure it. Although my whining and 'depression' was not deep at all in reality, the cloud of me ever having that attitude and not trying to fix my problems instead hangs over me every single day.

-Insensitivity. The internet has shown me how insensitive people really can be, and they can be proud about it all of the same. It makes me very sad. Some things just shouldn't be joked about. Or at least if you do joke about them, at least have a heart and don't be rude to those who are offended because they are offended. It's always "This is just the internet". As if when we're on the internet we aren't people anymore. What kind of ridiculous notion is that? I love the internet, but this attitude is disgusting.

-Since you included it in the poll... Homophobia. I most hate the subtle homophobia that some of my friends take up. They want to act like they're all okay with it, but they say things that slip out how they really feel, like "Just as long as they don't hit on me, it's fine". Insecurity could never be so clearer in somebody!

Likewise I hate sexism and racism. I can not stand sexist jokes because I have a hard time seeing them as a joke.

• Brohoof 3

I have a friend...who... as much as I love him, he sometimes cannot be told he is wrong. I had a major argument with him once over whether or not "hablar" meant "to talk" in Spanish. Despite me having 4 years of classes and a professor who had lived off and on in various Spanish speaking countries, he would not budge on his viewpoint.

When I even threw Spanish dictionaries his way, he would refuse to read them. Adamant that his knowledge was right.

Since it was clear he wasn't going to yield, I told him I wasn't going to speak to him until he decided to calm down, and obsessively argue for something that actually mattered.

Never stops talking is only annoying to me if done at bad times. (I like Pinkie you know).

One things I definitely hate is when someone that something that they don't enjoy is gay. At my school, if you don't play Call of duty or halo, you're playing something gay. People even insult for playing Mario...How the buck does that work?

I also hate people who think they are better then others.

I'm bi so of course I hate homophobes. Especially with their ridiculous reason they usually throw at me.

The traits I would have are Slight selfishness and Slightly cocky.

(edited)

I really find the most annoying trait is someone with no personality, or in a broader perspective, someone who has nothing to add to a discussion, or has no opinions on anything. In a sense, I really find boredom off putting. Mind you, I would never say something like this to someones face if I though that way about them. But attention seekers are the worst, and I will call someone out on that shit. :ph34r:

Edit: Oh and of course I despise homophobes, but even they can be mildly entertaining. I like watching them and others like them because its like watching monkeys throw poo at each other. :P

Edited by DashingRainbow36
  • Brohoof 2

Liars and two faced.

I don't believe in lying AI when it happens I look like an idiotic jerk for defending them so fiercely! I'm only loyal to those who actually deserve and I can trust but when you tell someone else something but don't tell me it all come now!

Fakers also, I hate them.

All of the above?

The worst for me is hypocrites. Ever met anyone who knows they are being a hypocrite and still thinks they are right? Its infuriating.

Judgemental people annoy me too. I seriously don't understand why people judge things that they know nothing about. Hating random stuff/people for no reason... just why?

Another one is the backseat driver kind of people who assume they know the best way for you to do everything and that you need to be told. Just makes you feel like everyone thinks you're an idiot.

From that list, ones I hate the most are:

-Has to always be right

-Rude

-Homophobe

-Judgmental

-Two-faced

-Ignorant

Here's one of mine that I absolutely can not stand, of which I've seen my fair share of. Murderous honesty. I hate people who are blunt, and disregard other people's feelings when talking to, correcting or conversing with others, and then use the excuse of 'being honest and telling the truth is a good thing. :3' to justify it. Murderous honesty makes you just as much of an ass as someone who is insulting the person on purpose, in my opinion. It may not be as brash or outright rude, but it's still a bad mind-set to have, in my opinion. I value other people's feelings and try not to tread on them, as much as possible, so that's why it irritates me so much when people just don't care.

• Brohoof 2

From that list, ones I hate the most are:

-Has to always be right

-Rude

-Homophobe

-Judgmental

-Two-faced

-Ignorant

Here's one of mine that I absolutely can not stand, of which I've seen my fair share of. Murderous honesty. I hate people who are blunt, and disregard other people's feelings when talking to, correcting or conversing with others, and then use the excuse of 'being honest and telling the truth is a good thing. :3' to justify it. Murderous honesty makes you just as much of an ass as someone who is insulting the person on purpose, in my opinion. It may not be as brash or outright rude, but it's still a bad mind-set to have, in my opinion. I value other people's feelings and try not to tread on them, as much as possible, so that's why it irritates me so much when people just don't care.

Truth is the most potent form of propaganda

I really hate ultra-talkativeness, it really *ahem* grinds my gears. I'm also not to big a fan of liars and sometimes sarcasm. I myself am sarcastic a lot, but I try to not let it be anything real insulting. The insulting sarcasm is the kind I dislike. Then of course there's the really snobby boast-tastic personality that I hate. That's about it. Glad I could get that off my chest. :P

Can we add cynics to the list? (not the user, Cynic is cool because he no like Trixie either)

I can't stand people who are overly negative and will dismiss anything and everything because they're too jaded to see that it has validity or potential.

• Brohoof 3

I voted for a few of these, but there's a trait that isn't on the list, and that's people who despair.

What I mean is, people who don't have hope in anything, and people who get overly emotional about the bad things that happen in their life and take it all personally. I know that you can't always help it, and it really is just fine to be sad about stuff, especially if the severity of the situation and the emotion are mostly matched, but the "Oh woe is me" attitude is a pain to be around. You don't need to feel sorry for yourself. There is hope in life. Things do get better. But it is EXTREMELY unhelpful to dwell in the pain and feel like it will last forever. It doesn't. You grow up and life becomes different.

And I hate that you can't just tell stuff like that to people without them getting all offended... someone above me posted about murderous honesty, and I think that you're right that there are people who are mean and use the "well I was just being honest" excuse to justify their actions, but sometimes even tactfully telling someone that they should change will only make them angrier and refuse to change their despairing ways. It's like they only find meaning in life through their negativity.

I'm not a big fan of people obsessed with getting attention... It's probably a normal thing to seek approval and want people to like you, but it can be taken way too far. Hurting people to get what you want should never be an option.