Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality traits you can't stand

Shankveld

122 users have voted

1. 1. Which trait(s) annoy you the most?

• Selfish
    • Liar
    • Two-faced
    • Fake
    • Attention seeker
    • Has to always be right
    • Hypocrite
    • Cheater
    • Think they are better than others
    • Cocky
    • Annoying
    • Rude
    • Never stops talking
    • Ignorant
    • No personality
    • Homophobe
    • Always causing drama
    • Judgmental

This one is a pretty big one for me. I'm tired of "free speech"ers. They're absolutely obnoxious to deal with.

Another trait that I dislike is people who purposely make themselves out to be these frail, innocent, sweet things by adding stutters into their typing. Stutters make sense when speaking out loud but when you're typing it, it looks like you're purposely trying to look cute and it's irritating to me. It's a subtle form of manipulation that people take on to try to get you to not be angry at them or to coddle them, rather than them just coming out and outright saying that they'd like some attention/affection.

That stuff is great in stories and roleplays, but every day conversation, it is a bit off-putting.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The personality traits that bother me the most:

• Selfish

• Liar

• Two-Faced

• Fake

• Hypocrite

• Think they are better than others

• Annoying

• Homophobe

• Always causing drama

• Judgmental

• 6 years later...

Many of the choices here would qualify but to be specific, I cannot stand homophobes and people that feel that they are above others. The hierarchy of modern society is quite clear, many of those I know that view themselves as above others are just middle class at best like the rest of us. There is a big crowbar separation between confidence and a feeling of superiority. This ties into another thing I hate; People who prop themselves up with nationalism garbage and then use it to make themselves feel better than others. Basically, the overall theme is "people who do not know their place.". 

• Brohoof 4

Narcissism, moral superiority, ignorance superiority, self label identities as personality trait, victimizing, double standards, gaslight is specially upsetting to me :Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

Just about everything on that list. "No Personality" makes no sense though because everyone has a personality, whether or not it's one you like or agree with.

Anyway speaking from personal experience, the types of people who take advantage of others, gain their trust and all, then throw them away once they stop being useful and flawless deserve a special place in hell. Pure hatred.
Also despise people who act superior to others especially over silly things like personal interests. No you're not better than anyone because you dislike something that someone else likes. Heck off.

• Brohoof 1

these are the most annoying ones to me.

38E35F80-EDCE-4257-A2E4-49A058ED539A.thumb.jpeg.d001ba5444eeb1811476d1b8267eda3a.jpeg

Just don’t be a dick or plain out annoying or rude. Then we’re good. 

• Brohoof 1

Of those I'd go with liar/twofaced/fake/cheater. I don't explicitly "like" any of the demographics listed, but I don't care what someone's opinion on themselves or something else is as it doesn't matter to me in any way - the people that irritate me the most are the people who repeatedly engage in negative actions rather than those who have negative thoughts.

I usually can't handle rash people, people that just assume they're right without giving a bit of thought or taking a closer look.

I will admit that I'm someone that can come as ignorant. It usually comes out whenever someone tries to lecture me and all I can think off is "I get it, just shut up already!"

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-08 at 7:43 AM, Reality Check said:

I usually can't handle rash people, people that just assume they're right without giving a bit of thought or taking a closer look.

Sounds like my younger brother :dry:

On 2022-01-08 at 7:43 AM, Reality Check said:

I will admit that I'm someone that can come as ignorant. It usually comes out whenever someone tries to lecture me and all I can think off is "I get it, just shut up already!"

Maybe what really piss you off is that those people and their lectures are ignorant themselves and only do so to assert control  :fluttershy:. Yeah, I know, been there :scoots:

Being needlessly offensive as a personality trait. Also, overall not caring about the well-being of others. These two seem to be considered "cool" nowadays and it just shows how we're failing as a society. I mean, the first is something that everyone (if they even go through it to begin with) should grow out of past their teens, but we have grown adults out there being like that. SMH.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like:

Know-it-alls who condescend to others,

Malleable people who just follow the crowd without ever thinking for themselves, and defending it to their dying gasp,

And a lack of empathy. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

i cant handle the poeple who are like
"Im a jerk and proud of it". Cause that just comes off cocky, selfish, and immature. 

I get if a group of people think your brash, but when most people say you are a jerk its not a good thing. I get being edgy as a kid/teenager but if your an adult and you have more peoplehating you than liking you its something you should take a look at seriously. And im all for being me and letting the haters hate but if im pushing away friends and family theres something about me i need to fix. Not because society wants me to but because i dont wanna be a loser loner.