Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you get away with murder?

RebelinNeedofCause

Precisely my original thought on this - I would kill anyone who came at me with a weapon without any second thought, no doubt. But just straight up murder is what I thought this was about - in which case It wouldn't really bother me as long as I could justify it - say it was a rapist or something. I'd just become a vigilante.

lol'd

This is where we disagree. I DO believe some people deserve to be permanately removed from the gene pool for various reasons - repeat offenders for things like rape or whatever for example. And, If one death saved the life of more than one other innocent lives, I say that that person should die. People call me heartless for this, but I think in numbers not emotion. For whatever reason emotion doesn't effect me like other people - perhaps mental issue? Whatever.

You can't just look at it by the numbers in some cases. In the case of hitler by killing him you would leave germany as a much weaker state. If germany hadn't started WW2 russia certainly could have. In a way having a strong germany may have stopped a much more devastating world war with russia leading a different version of the axis of evil. Life is a tricky thing giving it and taking it away may cause drastic changes that are unforeseeable.

You can't just look at it by the numbers in some cases. In the case of hitler by killing him you would leave germany as a much weaker state. If germany hadn't started WW2 russia certainly could have. In a way having a strong germany may have stopped a much more devastating world war with russia leading a different version of the axis of evil. Life is a tricky thing giving it and taking it away may cause drastic changes that are unforeseeable.

But one must remember - I don't think this far ahead, as I don't actually plan on doing these things. You're probably right, but in the end I would probably still kill Hitler if given the chance, as I'd jump on it without much more thoughts. Probably regret it for some unforeseeable outcome. Now that I think about it, Germany's war effort did create a whole lot of technological advancements that makes today what it is. Unfortunately, war seems to be the fastest way to advance technology, as it puts strain on our brightest minds to come up with ways to save and kill more soldiers.

several things.

1. my knowledge of how to hide bodies comes from several things. watching police/detective documentaries, knowing and being related to cops, some knowledge of forensics, intelligence, and common sense.

2. double jeopardy means if you get tried for a specific crime, such as robbing a bank, and are found innocent, you cant be tried again for THAT SPECIFIC CRIME. i.e. the prosecution cant come back a month later and say "hey, we have better arguments this time, lets do this again so we have a better chance of winning."

3. of course i have an evil plan. i always have an evil plan. i find its easiest to just be straight up about it instead of trying to hide it. if i hide it, people tend to dig deeper than if im like "yeah, im plotting to take down a major corporation and secretly wire millions of dollars into various offshore accounts run by puppet organizations". they just think "oh, thats just evilshy being evilshy." when i say "im not planning anything" everybody gets all suspicious and tries to find out what im hiding.

4. "ask evilshy" is still on the board and i enjoy answering questions posted there, so feel free.

several things.

1. my knowledge of how to hide bodies comes from several things. watching police/detective documentaries, knowing and being related to cops, some knowledge of forensics, intelligence, and common sense.

2. double jeopardy means if you get tried for a specific crime, such as robbing a bank, and are found innocent, you cant be tried again for THAT SPECIFIC CRIME. i.e. the prosecution cant come back a month later and say "hey, we have better arguments this time, lets do this again so we have a better chance of winning."

3. of course i have an evil plan. i always have an evil plan. i find its easiest to just be straight up about it instead of trying to hide it. if i hide it, people tend to dig deeper than if im like "yeah, im plotting to take down a major corporation and secretly wire millions of dollars into various offshore accounts run by puppet organizations". they just think "oh, thats just evilshy being evilshy." when i say "im not planning anything" everybody gets all suspicious and tries to find out what im hiding.

4. "ask evilshy" is still on the board and i enjoy answering questions posted there, so feel free.

That is what I meant on Double Jeopardy.

I guess I did not explain myself well.

well, you said that you could go back and rob the same bank again, which is wrong.

Well what people in my class were talking about is that there was an incident where a woman tried to kill her husband, failed, became innocent, and killed him, and she got off free, even though there was obvious evidence.

well thats either untrue, there were some other circumstances, or the judge/jury were stupid.

ive heard of cases where "i was PMSing" was taken as a legitimate defense for murder :/

well thats either untrue, there were some other circumstances, or the judge/jury were stupid.

ive heard of cases where "i was PMSing" was taken as a legitimate defense for murder :/

Are you serious?

Woman is this world, using their bleeding as an excuse for murder >.>

several things.

Learning from other people's mistakes eh?

I actually do the same thing when I watch murder documentaries, I learn what not to do :P

Nope, I wouldn't be able to hurt anyone. The only time I would even hurt someone is if they were trying to hurt myself or my friends. And even then I wouldn't ever hurt them seriously. Just knock them unconscious temporarily. Then they will wake up either tied up by me, or handcuffed by the police. That's what would happen if they attacked me anyways. If they attacked one of my friends, they are in for a little bit (Or possibly a lot) more pain. But no, certainly never murder unless absolutely necessary... but when is it ever necessary?

The question under this question is "Would you murder?"

Hm.

I can't think of a realistic situation that would get me to the point of ending a life, but if there was, it'd most likely be something that sent me past caring about being caught in the first place.

• 3 years later...

I don't think I could get away with it, if I ever willingly or unwillingly murdered someone regardless of my state of mind and thinking patterns. Forensics are why I think so. Even if I did it would be a matter of time, even decades it could be found out. The ones that go unsolved are usually the most investigated I'm sure.

Plot twist: I already have! (Just kidding)

The police in these areas are a sham, and are a laughingstock. With some careful premeditation, planning, good execution and a maybe just a little bit of chance on my side, anyone could (at least in here).